When do we think Symmetra will go live?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
As the title say, as a console player I am dying to try out the new Symmetra changes. I played her a lot back at release and a little into season one. After the Torbion and Symmetra turret nerf (Symmetra sentries should never have had their already low damage nerfed, Torbion maybe but not those lightweight feather dusters)

The extra range on beam and the new shield should be interesting. I also like the new shield mechanic on paper as now Symmetra herself can actually get shields as well lol but I still see so much potential value on her teleporter on point a defense and point b attack. The pressure it allows a team to place on a push can't be under estimated if placed correctly.

Personally I'd like to see every character in the game considered viable to add more flavour and diversity and I think many characters are under rated and with a little experimentation, I think more viable comps are there just no one is brave enough to figure out new "meta" comps on their own because they haven't been approved by YouTube personalities yet and everyone is tired of battling toxic lemmings in team chat before the match begins.

The 3v3 meta would never have been stood for in comp play by lemmings until it was approved for play by YouTube after a few pro teams where working with it.
I'm predicting new Symmetra coming with season 3
most likely either today once this patch finishes in a few, or next tuesday the latest. cannot be the tuesday after that because of the christmas stuff coming out
We want to keep testing Symmetra on the PTR for a bit still.
My bets are on the xmas patch.
The J man
Welp, Jeff himself has spoken people. And I assume one reason might be the terrible audio glitch thing with her Photon Barriers? Involving how they don't de-spawn
Aww man I was hoping for her today. I can't complain though.
11/29/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Thank you Jeff for the reply! Very much looking forward to it and I would like to complement the design team on the unique work and concepts they continue to bring to the game. I don't know how they do it or how they keep creating new ideas that work and mesh so well with a fps game.

Aww I was looking forward to trying her out on console as well.. Thanks for the update though, better to hear from you than random people making assumptions on when she will be released.
Are they waiting because they want to be sure they fix the bugs (e.g. shield animations, etc) or are they still concerned with her strength?

I just hope they don't in any way nerf her. If anything, she still needs a little more to be a stronger pick.

Oh, and Blizzard, revert her turret damage nerf on console please.
What a bummer.

As a symmetra main who hasn't even been able to play my main in competitive the last two seasons reliably, I hope this is for a super good reason that will end in her being even more viable than she is on the ptr right now. Otherwise, if you hold her back at the start of the season, and then put her on live without making further changes to justify the wait, I can only assume that is a personal attack on my placement matches and general season stats as a person who would like to be able to play her more often than not.

Edit: Oh I'm just kidding about the personal attack bit btw... Tone is so hard to convey in text.

Maybe also considering minor balancing to other heroes? Maybe your newest hero?
11/29/2016 08:59 AMPosted by JakuNonon
Welp, Jeff himself has spoken people. And I assume one reason might be the terrible audio glitch thing with her Photon Barriers? Involving how they don't de-spawn

They already fixed that issue, after a certain amount have spawned they despawn but they also disappear/break at a certain range outside of the map

Thanks for letting us know. I was anticipating earlier, but I can wait.

Measure twice cut once