Nerf Ana's Grenade / Just nerf Ana

General Discussion
If they increased the time on the grenade then they need to decrease the time on the sleep dart to compensate
As somebody who predominantly plays Ana, I honestly do not think nerfing the grenade would make that much difference anyway. Whether I use the grenade or not, the burst healing from her shots is enough that it's not THAT difficult to keep a Roadhog (or Reinhardt, or D.VA) healed up even without the bonus, especially when there's a Lucio darting around.

I could see an argument for the cooldown being increased though. Not a substantial one, but a few seconds longer seems reasonable enough.

I don't get this "Ana caused the tank meta!" meme. People were complaining about the 'tank meta' long before she was introduced.
12/05/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Arbitrator
As somebody who predominantly plays Ana, I honestly do not think nerfing the grenade would make that much difference anyway. Whether I use the grenade or not, the burst healing from her shots is enough that it's not THAT difficult to keep a Roadhog (or Reinhardt, or D.VA) healed up even without the bonus, especially when there's a Lucio darting around.

I could see an argument for the cooldown being increased though. Not a substantial one, but a few seconds longer seems reasonable enough.

I don't get this "Ana caused the tank meta!" meme. People were complaining about the 'tank meta' long before she was introduced.

The NIP comp, which was the point where 3 tanks 3 supports became the new standard, happened AFTER Ana was released.
This is because it was dependednt ENTIRELY around Ana and her Nano-Boost.

Before that, the standard comp was the 2-2-2 comp.
12/05/2016 06:45 AMPosted by bladeofdarkn
12/05/2016 06:19 AMPosted by Obamacare
100% healing is just insane in general, and too much. If that was given to Mercy, we would still have the x3 tank meta with Ana and Mercy .

60-75% is more reasonable, and would still allow for high imlact burst healing without having an absurd health pool thats impossible for dps to burst down.

I agree that the grenade is op and Mercy needs a buff, but the end result is to have 2 balanced supports, not 1 good one and 1 overpowered one.

The problem is that it still has the dual utility of both Heal block AND heal boost.
Those REALLY should have been two seperate abilities given to different characters.

Right now, since Ana can both boost AND negate healing, it makes Ana the best counter to herself, which is never good design.

The whole point of ana is that she is a support sniper. She lays damage out, and heals teammates with the same weapon. She negates healing and heals with the same grenade. You want to take away what literally defines her as a character, what she was built around? If the anti heal was removed all you have is another healer with no added utility
12/05/2016 05:21 AMPosted by bladeofdarkn
12/05/2016 04:56 AMPosted by Millz
No. I know the real reason everyone is whining and I see it alot. No body focuses an Ana in comp matches. Shes at least the last to die. I notice this unless I call out to my team to kill the Ana. 90% of the time the DPS dont ever target her and this results in threads just like this one. Learn to kill healers first then let me here your views. And I play alot of competitive to know this. Ive seen it and I main Ana as well. Ana is in a good state atm she just got her nano boost nerfed. The grenade is her best ability and maybe only needs a slight cooldown increase. But other than that shes fine.

With all due respect, you're confusing Gameplay strategy with Game Balance issues.
If every single player in the game started focusing Ana at all times, she'd STILL be completely unbalanced from a character design prespective.

Given her rate of fire, Ana's regular healing per second is actually 50% higher then Mercy - the DESIGNATED single target healer.
To that, you can add the handful of OTHER utilities she offers, including the best CC ability in the game, effective long range damage dealing, and the ability to block enemy healing, and you have a VERY powerful, boardring on OP, character.

Which would be mostly fine in and of itself... If she didn't ALSO have an insane ability that doubles the effects of healing on allies.

That last little detail is what pushes Ana out of the realm of "Powerful but balanced for skill", and into the realm of "OP as f#@k".

Burst, she is a burst healer amd that has never been hidden so not sure why all the hate now and not theonths shes been out with the same exact set up. She burst heals, and she negates. Thats her job. I honeatly dont think her healing is op, i think the other healers need to be improved some what. The only thing i would thing to improve without damaging anas ability to do her job would be to decrease the length of time the enemy team/your own team is affected by biotic grenade. Less frustration i think.
Or just buff other healers instead of nerfing all of them every patch
12/05/2016 06:13 AMPosted by bladeofdarkn
And yet, Tracer doesn't do more DPS then Reaper, Soldier or Mcree - Hell, even Sombra beats her in that department.

In fact, her DPS is rather low, since she only does 120 per second - it's just she does 240 in one second and reloads the next.

Higher skill ceilling equels greater utility - NOT higher number values.

Killing Tracer is almost impossible, though. Killing Mccree is pretty easy in comparism. Everyone is easier to kill than Tracer. Tracer is the best flanker imo.
Dead = 0 dps.

On a sidenote, I REALLY dare hope Blizz ain't gonna nerf her any more because some vocal mingy noobs are upset. I'm an Ana main, and I agreed with the ult nerf, but she's fine now. I seriously don't get people crying about her. Tanks can and will melt away from focus fire, even when she's healing you with grenade buff on.

If they nerf high skill cap heroes, this game will become dumbed down to CoD levels.
12/05/2016 05:51 AMPosted by Greylight
I sometimes don't get these forums. Everyone everywhere agrees that Ana is the best healer, and then the OP suggests nerfing exactly what makes her easily the best healer and everyone downvotes it.

I mean, make up your mind guys. Because not addressing things like this at all is how we end up with crystal solid metas.

People on these forums are morons. A guy 3 posts or so below me says to nerf her and gets 30 upvotes saying the same !@#$ I said. As far as I'm concerned the people down voting can go suck a massive fat one.

And downvote this post too idiots . Here's a middle finger for you all. OH yeah and nerf Ana.
12/04/2016 10:49 PMPosted by Tyrathius
...ypu forgot about Ana's pathetic ultimate, compared to Mercy's ressurection

You realize season 2's meta literally revolved around Ana's ultimate, right?

But we're not in Season 2. He's talking about 3.
12/05/2016 10:26 AMPosted by Psionic
<span class="truncated">...</span>.

The problem is that it still has the dual utility of both Heal block AND heal boost.
Those REALLY should have been two seperate abilities given to different characters.

Right now, since Ana can both boost AND negate healing, it makes Ana the best counter to herself, which is never good design.

The whole point of ana is that she is a support sniper. She lays damage out, and heals teammates with the same weapon. She negates healing and heals with the same grenade. You want to take away what literally defines her as a character, what she was built around? If the anti heal was removed all you have is another healer with no added utility

Its not the ANTI heal I'm looking to remove.
Its the 100% healing INCREASE that needs removing.

The thing that lets her Burst heal a tank from empty to full in 2 seconds.
The thing that lets her heal more then 2.5 times what Mercy can in a comperable amount of time.

12/05/2016 10:31 AMPosted by Psionic
12/05/2016 05:21 AMPosted by bladeofdarkn

With all due respect, you're confusing Gameplay strategy with Game Balance issues.
If every single player in the game started focusing Ana at all times, she'd STILL be completely unbalanced from a character design prespective.

Given her rate of fire, Ana's regular healing per second is actually 50% higher then Mercy - the DESIGNATED single target healer.
To that, you can add the handful of OTHER utilities she offers, including the best CC ability in the game, effective long range damage dealing, and the ability to block enemy healing, and you have a VERY powerful, boardring on OP, character.

Which would be mostly fine in and of itself... If she didn't ALSO have an insane ability that doubles the effects of healing on allies.

That last little detail is what pushes Ana out of the realm of "Powerful but balanced for skill", and into the realm of "OP as f#@k".

Burst, she is a burst healer amd that has never been hidden so not sure why all the hate now and not theonths shes been out with the same exact set up. She burst heals, and she negates. Thats her job. I honeatly dont think her healing is op, i think the other healers need to be improved some what. The only thing i would thing to improve without damaging anas ability to do her job would be to decrease the length of time the enemy team/your own team is affected by biotic grenade. Less frustration i think.

You can throw the term "Burst" around all you like, but it still doesn't change the problem - Ana can heal far more far faster then the other healers.

On launch, the Healers were more or less balanced.
Mercy has the strongest single target healing and the least amount of utility.
Lucio has AOE healing and speed utility, so his single target healing is fairly low.
Zen heals, damages and augments damage at the same time, so his healing is fairly low.

Suddenly, you have Ana, who has the strongest single target healing, AND the most amount of utility.
That's called power creep.
12/05/2016 01:26 AMPosted by Malinkadink

So quit crying foul about Ana being OP and in need of nerfs. The guys over at Blizzard would have nerfed her grenade at the same time they nerfed the ultimate if they thought it was too strong, but i bet they sat there and did the math themselves and found it to be just where it should be, like i'm doing now.

No they would have not, because that could be an too extreme nerf at once. I think they hoped by getting rid of the speed buff of her ultimate the tank/beyblade meta would die, because the speed enabled beyblade and tanks like reinhard to become unstoppable.

Okey it fixed it to a certain degree. Beyblade is out, which was one of the ways to break tank meta. Reinhardts getting boosted so much, but Soldiers.

She is still used in Pro games very very much. And even Pros said like "Yeah at the mid season when Ana came out everybody thought she was bad or didn't know what to do with her, she was even there in retrospective powerful, but because nobody picked her (many pros don't experiment mid tournaments or in the last months not so much, rather sticking with the known) and Blizzard thought 'Okey we could buff her (Rate of fire + 20%, magazine from 8 to 10)'. So there they buffed a hero which pros, still in retrospective, think was powerful, into very powerful/mandatory. And later she got even her grenade buffed.

Her grenade would still be powerful if it just gets 20-25% more healing for allies

Or what you also could do would be still get 100% healing buff, but the grenade itself doesn't heal. That would take away a little bit the burst effect.

But her healing output is still insane on a single target and her grenade does synergizes to much. No other healer has a ability that synergizes with other healers exepct with Anas grenade.
Personally, i think Biotic grenade should lower the amount of healing you receive i.e. 50% or 75% healing reduction, something like that.
Season 3 just started nano nerfs aren't even visible yet and people already wanna nerf Ana again, you guys disgust me.
Please reduce the effect to do 50% healing boost and 50% healing reduction. The cooldown is appropriate as it is, and I really like the damage on impact as it allows Ana to combo abilities for more damage, adding complexity and depth to her combat.
12/04/2016 11:58 PMPosted by Antiquary
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Good lord, NO

Spacing is tremendously important, and about half the hero roster sports abilities that can kill grouped targets with ease. The last thing I want you people doing is hugging me if the enemy Tracer/Zarya/Reaper/Rein has their ult ready.

Or Genji, or Pharah, or Mei, or Junkrat, or McCree, or Bastion, etc.

Ha, have you played healer before? Don't worry, you could be handing out pie and cake with those heals and still your team would split in 5 different directions away from you.

That's why I give out Amazon gift cards and coke.