Dear "I got gold medal kills"

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Highly Rated
We lost, your kills mean jack especially when you have no time or kills on the objective so you have no room to call people crap.
Highly Rated
Gold medal kills is useless when the D.Va or Lucio can achieve it just by lightly tagging everything with a hit or two.
12/05/2016 07:05 AMPosted by Seefer
We lost, your kills mean jack especially when you have no time or kills on the objective so you have no room to call people crap.

THIS, a thousand times this. I hate people like these that treat overwatch like a game of call of duty and go chasing kills when their whole team is dying.
Highly Rated
but what if you have: damage, kills, objective kills and objective time gold medals?
Ive had games as lucio where i got gold in kills. In no way did i earn 90% of them, just happened to tag a lot of people in team fights
Is this gold medal taboo still apply when I get all 4 possible gold medals as tank?
12/05/2016 07:13 AMPosted by Helic
but what if you have: damage, kills, objective kills and objective time gold medals?
Medals mean nothing. If you're a Rein with gold eliminations, chances are you're not protecting your team like you should be
12/05/2016 07:14 AMPosted by RobotWizard
Is this gold medal taboo still apply when I get all 4 possible gold medals as tank?

Read what I said, this person just started trashing on my group even though I got gold in objective time and objective kills, he was never on the objective at all.
When I get gold healing as Soldier 76 I die a little inside.
12/05/2016 07:15 AMPosted by JakuNonon
Medals mean nothing. If you're a Rein with gold eliminations, chances are you're not protecting your team like you should be

Or you have a really good Rein who's sick of being a shieldbot for a blindfolded McCree and spray-and-pray Soldier.

This line of thinking is terrible. Medals are a gauge of your performance amongst your team members. It's how you read the flow of a match and know who needs to change.

Rein getting golds doesn't mean jack about him not protecting his team. It could mean he has to overcompensate for lousy DPS.

Fighting for golds is also a way to create a fun competition amongst teammates, to push each other to perform your very best. I see a lot of M and GM level teams constantly talking about it for that reason.

Negative. A dead enemy is one not on the objective. Try again.
12/05/2016 07:18 AMPosted by Key
... Medals mean nothing. If you're a Rein with gold eliminations, chances are you're not protecting your team like you should be

This line of thinking is terrible. Medals are a gauge of your performance amongst your team members. It's how you read the flow of a match and know who needs to change.

Rein getting golds doesn't mean jack about him not protecting his team. It could mean he has to overcompensate for lousy DPS.

Fighting for golds is also a way to create a fun competition amongst teammates, to push each other to perform your very best. I see a lot of M and GM level teams constantly talking about it for that reason.

No it isn't, as has been stated getting kills is easy......just tap something that is about to die and BAM you get a kill, want to get gold damage? Spray everything in sight doesn't matter if you kill it. Want to know what means something? Getting on the objective and defending/taking it and working as a team.
12/05/2016 07:20 AMPosted by rurubecky

Negative. A dead enemy is one not on the objective. Try again.

Um ok, if they are all dead and not on the objective as you say then how did we lose? Why was that person not on the point and we were stuck on the choke?
well, something must be going wrong when I have all the 4 available gold medals during the whole match. And I kinda doubt it is my fault when that's the case.

gold objective time means I spent the most time on the objective, can't blame me for this
gold objective kills means I damaged the most enemies on or near the objective. Can't blame me for that one, either.
Having both, gold damage as well as gold kills means that not only did I do the most damage of the whole team, but it also lead to eliminations. Doubt that's bad, either.

Face it, if the tank has all four, dps is doing jack !@#$.
12/05/2016 07:23 AMPosted by Endlave
well, something must be going wrong when I have all the 4 available gold medals during the whole match. And I kinda doubt it is my fault when that's the case.

gold objective time means I spent the most time on the objective, can't blame me for this
gold objective kills means I damaged the most enemies on or near the objective. Can't blame me for that one, either.
Having both, gold damage as well as gold kills means that not only did I do the most damage of the whole team, but it also lead to eliminations. Doubt that's bad, either.

As I said, gold kills no objective time no objective kills.........just kills.
This one time I got 5 gold medals as roadhog in a game. But we still won because the team I was with were really good. Having good medals mean you've done really well yes.. but it doesn't mean that your team sucks as well. Same with having no medals. Having no medals doesn't mean you are bad as well.
12/05/2016 07:18 AMPosted by Key
... Medals mean nothing. If you're a Rein with gold eliminations, chances are you're not protecting your team like you should be

I get credit for a kill for bapping someone on the head as Mercy, if a Support is carrying the gold for elims, while someone like Soldier or Sombra has gold on healing, The Support is NOT doing their job. If tank is outweighing the DPS in elims, but the rest of the team is dying from no protection, whose at fault?
12/05/2016 07:23 AMPosted by Endlave

OR, you're not doing your job as a tank and allowing the rest of your team to die, not protecting them or helping them in ANY way whatsoever
BS with the "medals mean nothing" crap. Gold elims, sure not a big deal. Gold elims on point? Well you're at least trying. Gold damage? You are doing your job to be sure. 3 golds? Yeah don't tell the 3 gold people that golds mean nothing, because it's just you being jealous.