Should Ana's healing be nerfed?

General Discussion
Should Ana's healing be nerf'd ?
No.
Should Ana's GRENADE be nerf'd ?
Absolutely.
The 100% healing increase needs to go, completely .
It raises the amount of healing that can be done in 1 instance to entirely too high levels.

Used to be, if Mercy, Zen and Lucio worked together, and all used their abilities on 1 tank, the could heal for 120 Health per second (including Lucio's amp it up, and back when Mercy only healed for 50 HP per second).
Alone, the MAXIMUM amount of healing that a single character could do, was 50 HP per second (with Mercy).

Ana's Grenade, means that not only does SHE burst heal for 250 in 1 second (Grenade + first shot), and then 150 HP every following second - She also makes Lucio's Amp it up heal for 72 HP per second on the Grenaded targets.
Skill requirements don't make up for such a large numerical difference.

It broke the Healing Meta completely, and now Healing a tank through most damage is fairly easy.

It needs to go.
12/05/2016 11:28 PMPosted by Scout
AHHH YES, I remember when Ana was released. Remember those days? Some of you idiots in here are probably the same idiots who complained when I picked Ana in competitive, saying "can you not Ana?" because you were projecting your own inability to aim with a sniper rifle on others.

Now? Lol

Now that you see the fruits of our labors for practicing with Ana, you want to nerf her into the ground.

You're all disgusting, bad players, who want to weaken characters until they're near-useless JUST BECAUSE you have a hard time killing good players who play that character. You're disgusting. And spoiled. And have no sense of practicing to improve your skills; you want the easy way to get better: NERF THE CHARACTER THAT GIVES YOU A HARD TIME WITH A GOOD PLAYER BEHIND IT.

You're weak, and probably have low IQs.

Your comments are as bad as your rank, most games played on Ana and you still seem to suck the big one, shut up lol, clown.
I honestly don't think nerfing the grenade is going to much. Whether I use the grenade or not, the burst healing from her shots is enough that it's not THAT difficult to keep a tank healed up even without the bonus, especially when there's a Lucio darting around.

If anything it would be a net-buff, because more Ana's would start using it offensively, causing people's screens to go BEEPBEEPBEEP purple more often... which would lead to "wtf ana stops healing too much nerf" threads instead.

I think it's inevitable Biotic Grenade will see a cooldown increase though.
I play Ana a lot, and I wouldn't mind her being nerfed if it makes the frustrating Tank meta go away.
12/06/2016 02:03 AMPosted by bladeofdarkn
No.
Absolutely.
It raises the amount of healing that can be done in 1 instance to entirely too high levels.

Used to be, if Mercy, Zen and Lucio worked together, and all used their abilities on 1 tank, the could heal for 120 Health per second (including Lucio's amp it up, and back when Mercy only healed for 50 HP per second).
Alone, the MAXIMUM amount of healing that a single character could do, was 50 HP per second (with Mercy).

Ana's Grenade, means that not only does SHE burst heal for 250 in 1 second (Grenade + first shot), and then 150 HP every following second - She also makes Lucio's Amp it up heal for 72 HP per second on the Grenaded targets.

It broke the Healing Meta completely, and now Healing a tank through most damage is fairly easy.

It needs to go.

If it keeps the healing debuff I would push this tweak into the PTR right now.
12/05/2016 07:35 PMPosted by BillNye
  • Grenade
  • -100 Damage, helix is 120, Mine is 120, Firestrike is 100
    -Has a gravity curve that needs to be accounted for
    -Small splash, just slightly wider than Helix Rockets
    -10 second cooldown
    -4 second duration, ends at a 40% effect uptime
    -If you don't capitalize on those 4 seconds, the effect is essentially wasted
    -Only self-heal option: Heal self in pinch, or wait for a crucial moment for supporting teammate

All of these attributes are brushed off by the fact that unlike all other explosive weapons you mentioned, Ana's has no splash fall off. More especifically, the heal buff/debuff it applies to allies/enemies.

What this means is, you can aim at a tank ally who is being focus fired, shoot the grenade, miss the target, but then it hits the ground and Ana still gets 100% rewarded for missing the grenade. Now you can heal an entire tank's HP with 2 shots, and even make allies or enemies surrounded by the radius to receive the 100% buff/debuff.

No other explosions are like this, and this is also a big factor as to why the grenade is broken: she gets rewarded for misses unlike other characters with explosives, it's like if Soldier could just aim at the ground and shoot Helix Rocket and deal 100% of the damage to enemies as long as they are within the radius, this would be broken.

Take into account that the buff to allies lasts for quite a while, and you can fully heal tanks within 3 shots, and just shoot once at 200 HP heroes to fully heal them since she can heal 160 HP per shot + the direct healing of the grenade.

Bottom line is, this makes it too easy to use for a skill that does so many things and is game changing considering it is supposed to be an E ability. The grenade should have splash fall off to scale the heal buff and not completely prevent enemies from getting healed because they were in the AoE and weren't directly hit by the grenade.

Example: Ana throws grenade at one of the allies/enemis and they are close to one another:

Allie/enemy 1 is directly hit: No scale fall off;
    Allie/enemy 2 is inside the radius within 1m of the explosion: Fall off applies and only gets half of the effect;
    Allie/enemy 3 is inside the radius further than 1m radius of the explosion: Fall off applies and only gets 1/4th of the effect.

She supports higher-skilled play. If an Ana is wrecking your team, that player is probably fulfilling all the basic needs that Ana requires to play efficiently.

It doesn't take much skill to heal tanks and again, the grenade doesn't require much skill either considering how incredible forgiving it is to use in a match
    12/06/2016 03:11 AMPosted by Nobar
    12/06/2016 02:03 AMPosted by bladeofdarkn
    No.
    Absolutely.

It needs to go.

If it keeps the healing debuff I would push this tweak into the PTR right now.

It keeps the healing debuff.
    Only the healing increase is removed.
    12/05/2016 06:40 PMPosted by BT160919
    12/05/2016 06:37 PMPosted by JaySenpai

You also just say she needs a nerf without giving any suggestions on reworking of her kit. Or is it the fact you want a defenseless healer like Mercy? Will you let Ana heal without having to use a Grenade? Will you lower her healing and boost her dmg? What will work without completely busting her? I hear soo many players wanting nerfs but no one has any idea how to nerf her without killing her.
    Remove the healing from her grenade. Even without the grenade she is still the best healer of the four.

Why would she be defenseless? Where did I say "nerf sleep dart"? Where did anyone say "nerf stuff that defends her"? This is about her healing which is a problem.

Also she can heal without grenade. If she couldn't, she wouldn't even be used.

Problem is that the heal on her grenade is the only way for her restore her life. Zen has a shield, Merci regen, Lucio passive and Ana has to have the heal on her grenade.

What they should cancel is the healing boost on it. This is what ruled the 3 tank meta. With sleep dart/dammage+heal+cancel heal on grenade/ the strongest healing per second (require aim) she will still be really strong and maybe balance
    Just give some counters to her grenade + decrease her healing buffs %

- "Cleanse" as "E" skill for Mercy : removes all positive/negative effects from enemies/team mates (single target)
    I don't know what game you guys are playing but in my matches I see 3 DPS more than tanks.
    I enjoy Ana, shes my 2nd most played hero, 74 hours into her, and i WANT her nerfed, her grenade is just too much, please blizzard listen and nerf the grenade already, don't take half a year.
    I use Ana quite a lot. Her grenade is insanely powerful.
    Not from her gun, the grenade on the other hand should be adjusted though as it's utility to stop healing, burst heal and damage offers to much to pass up.
    Why just give mercy an e that cures debuffs and enemy team buffs now ana counter. Increase cool down from 10 to 13 sec cool down.