Potential New Maps Based Off Current Lore?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Being honest, I find the inclusion of Oasis is pretty unexpected. I don't mean unwelcome, as I welcome any new content. I was just expecting a map that had something to do with the current lore: maybe something in Australia or India due to their involvement what went on with Vishkar, Volskaya, and LumeriCo.

Orrr... this *could* be a lead up with where the new Doomfist is gonna be based in? Hmmmm...
There seems to be a lot of shady work going on in Oasis i think they even might add some Easter eggs or lore in it when it goes live or in the future. For now we have to wait.
I hope and pray for an Australian Wasteland/ Australian Omnium map.
We're trying to build out an entire world. Some locations will feature hero backstory in the forefront. Other locations are places we want to develop over time. We also really enjoy hearing what our players react to... it inspires us to chase directions we might not have otherwise.
Highly Rated
12/05/2016 09:45 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're trying to build out an entire world. Some locations will feature hero backstory in the forefront. Other locations are places we want to develop over time. We also really enjoy hearing what our players react to... it inspires us to chase directions we might not have otherwise.

AUSTRALIA HERE WE COME!
Highly Rated
Would you ever consider making a map in Paris? Expanding on Amelie's and Gerard's relationship before she was turned into Widowmaker?
JEFF WHAT ABOUT MY PETITION FOR A SCHOOLGIRL UNIFORM!!!
Let's give it to Reinhardt instead so you can be scarred for life
I would love to fight in a Junkrat/Roadhog style base.

Dead omnics, rusted metal/dust theme, random bolt holes leading up or down throughout the map, etc
The two locations I'd love to see:

Overwatch's old base in Switzerland, abandoned and ruined.

Winston's Moon Base.

You can comment on lore and map questions but not address the cluster-F of rage that the competitive forums have become? Really?
Where is the map taking place anyway? There is no country associated with it.
When I first heard it I was like "oh, man, another desert map" but turns out, the map looks gorgeous.
12/05/2016 09:56 AMPosted by Doc

You can comment on lore and map questions but not address the cluster-F of rage that the competitive forums have become? Really?

What is the point? What will it accomplish? They won't be placated by a developer telling them in a roundabout way to "git gud" and vague platitudes don't further the conversation either - just derail it.

I would have been way more excited about Oasis if had been a place already established in the lore. Especially since we have a ton of locations that have been introduced already but have not been realized in game. Detroit, Sydney, Paris, Horizon. These are all places I would have rather gone first. When Oasis was announced, it felt like finding out we were going to the Highway #9 Bird Sanctuary for holiday.

I wish priority was given to making sure each hero has a 'home stage'. I mean, Oasis could easily have been the Architech Academy and involved Symmetra and Vishkar. As it is now, I have no investment in this map. It doesn't seem connected to anything or anyone. That may change if voice lines are added or it turns out there's some set pieces and detail that have yet to be put in.
I want a farm map where i can see roadhog bathing muds with them pigs.
12/05/2016 09:47 AMPosted by RobotWizard
Jeff... I was worried that you were sick... I'm glad you made it safe to work... Can you please confirm or deny if a School Girl Uniform for D. Va is possible now?

!@#$ off pedo-weeb! Your kind aren't welcome on these forums!

JEFF WHAT ABOUT MY PETITION FOR A SCHOOLGIRL UNIFORM!!! Let's give it to Reinhardt instead so you can be scarred for life

Ok, this made me laugh.

Hey! A fan from the Czech Republic here. Are we ever going to get some love? I mean, have you ever been to Prague? I have like thousand ideas what to do there. Or - is there a place to send some artworks of our own, just to inspire your artists? :D
Croatia is a pretty good land to battle on, but usually Serbia takes it over Croatia for some reason. I hope both get implemented in the future xd
12/05/2016 10:10 AMPosted by Aurelia
I want a farm map where i can see roadhog bathing muds with them pigs.

I bet Bloomington Indiana has some farms on the outskirts.