Why I Don't Want To Play Widowmaker After 1min Experience

General Discussion
That Zarya is probably using a script to duck like that, or weird keybinds.
12/05/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Zenn3k
That Zarya is probably using a script to duck like that, or weird keybinds.

Or a mouse wheel.
12/05/2016 01:21 PMPosted by iSinner
First time i really tried to play widowmaker after the buff, and this happens

https://gfycat.com/NiftyEquatorialCockerspaniel

I Hit Esc->Leave in the next 10 seconds after this. This is not the character i will ever play again solely for this reason. I am not a widowmaker main at all, but no amount of buffs will make me even consider her if i have to deal with this kind of gameplay experience.
12/05/2016 03:49 PMPosted by iSinner
People started attacking me because i can't aim with WM, well f*ck me, i know i'm bad at her, not a f*cking surprise since i don't play widowmaker almost at all, but i don't even want to practice her with this clown fiesta.

Edit:
Yeah i know the aim is bad, no f*cking wonder since i don't play her. But if you think i posted this because i'm upset that i can't hit, then you didn't even understand what this post is about.

I posted this to showcase why i am turned off of a character in the first place. I don't want to "git gud" if i have to face this experience on a character that is either hit constant headshots or be worthless. I am better off enjoying other 20+ characters that are not put in a widow's position of headshot or lose.

you dont have to hit constant headshots, you just gotta kill ppl

headshots are great, and in most cases what you'd want. but you can still get away with body shots

specially if theyre crouch spamming to counter you.
12/05/2016 01:28 PMPosted by toiletking
Dude you can't even land bodyshots consistently ON A TANK

What, do you think you'd be landing sick headshots if she wasn't crouch spamming?

By the way, there's a reason you don't see that in pro games - it only works against people with bad aim.

Although I agree OP had some bad aim, your post kind of shows the issue with Widowmaker.

Her damage has been nerfed so much that headshots are king. Bodyshots, especially on a tank, will not account for the marginal difference in damage, therefore the head should be a larger priority (all else equal). You will not expect the top Widow pros to be bodyshot landers because they don't do enough for the amount of time and effort it takes vs. landing headshots. This is a fundamental flaw with Widowmaker gameplay. Remember, she started off having 150 body shot damage at launch, so she was designed with that in mind.

But ever since she got nerfed people on forums have been crying that Widowmaker should only ever get headshots. But when it's pointed out it's too hard then "go for bodyshots." You go for bodyshots, and the cost-difference in aiming, charging, and shooting is low enough that tanks just turn the corner, causing an uproar of why Widow hasn't done enough damage. It's irritating how much flak Widow players get and legitimate issues are ignored because so few people understand the general problems she has. Besides, even Kephrii (as OP pointed out) had this exact issue as OP, so I don't think it is fair to rail on OP for it.

EDIT: Body shot damage # changed, thanks iSinner.
12/05/2016 05:09 PMPosted by ItachiUchiha
you dont have to hit constant headshots, you just gotta kill ppl

headshots are great, and in most cases what you'd want. but you can still get away with body shots

specially if theyre crouch spamming to counter you.

This is true for gold, but if you are in diamond+ you gotta hit headshots, or you are gonna go gold yourself.
12/05/2016 05:20 PMPosted by Vorock
Remember, she started off having 160 body shot damage at launch, so she was designed with that in mind.

Widowmaker is good for a concept known in MOBAs as poke. It's not all about those headshots fam
Well obviously some characters are harder than others!
And also, definitely do not "try her" in comp.
But in QP? Who cares? Practice!
First you were a bit too close to snipe, this map has almost no long line of sight, not a map widowmaker friendly!
With practice you will learn to recognize all those sign.
LOL you got destroyed
12/05/2016 01:53 PMPosted by byron
Widow requires one single thing from the player. AIM. You are not perfect at aiming you cannot widow. Plain simple.

This perfectly sums up why widow is horribly designed. Human beings are not infallible. So why in the hell did blizzard design a character that pretty much requires hacks to not be a burden to her team...
"Best of Widowmaker"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5PLhOlozGw

She's not horrible unless you simply can't Snipe. If you can't snipe, don't play her in Comp. Play her in Quick Match/Play and practice aiming. If you're a Mccree main, you will already be halfway there. Mccree uses the CSGO Deagle, and Widow uses the CSGO Scout.

If you consistently try to kill tanks with Widow and miss shots, you're going to have a bad time.
lol that was just funny looking. Btw, getting shot in the chest still hurts.
Dude, just ignore the noise. Most of these retards talking !@#$ in this thread probably suck serious donkey !@@#!!#@ with her too, and won't practice because they are a bunch of whiney %^-*!es and cry "she's too hard for me to play so she sucks"

Just practice. @#$% what these other ^-*!@#$s think.
12/05/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Saint
Most of these retards talking !@#$ in this thread probably suck serious donkey !@@#!!#@

Oh, there is no doubt about that LUL
Next time the PTR is up play her on there. That is what I did during the German castle PTR and got passable with her. A lot less salt on PTR.
this is a criticism more towards the crouch spamming which ruins the aesthetic of this game.
You are the best widowmaker of all time for making my laugh so hard
i gave a like on this topic because i believe this is not about aiming with widowmaker.

take a close up at the strafing and crouch spamming Zarya, then just strap big sign above her head that says "this is Overwatch".

game seems more ridiculous than you would expect, doesn't it?
Personally i think they need to put cool downs on jumping an crouching.. Its so pathetic really that a modern game like this even remotely thinks its acceptable to be able to bunny hop around.
12/05/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Senpai
lmao, I love doing that to Widow players when I'm playing Lucio. Just crouch spam them to hell and beyond.

Crouch spamming and mini-strafing have ALWAYS been tactics in FPS.

No they have been removed in a lot of modern games. In battle field one you cant shoot and jump or shoot and go prone. Most modern game developers have learned this is not acceptable game play.