Give Bastion his Beta shield back

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 26 Next
12/19/2016 10:10 AMPosted by Gamerboy25
12/19/2016 08:34 AMPosted by Fluury

Just attempt something, bliz, this silence is heartbreaking.

Dont worry, there's a good chance that he will be added in the next PTR (I hope)
I'm worrying.
12/19/2016 10:17 AMPosted by Terranguard
I'm worrying.

What are you so worried? Just asking
12/19/2016 02:23 PMPosted by Gamerboy25
I'm worrying.

Probably the Bliz will continue as they do know, aka doing nothing about him :(
12/19/2016 08:34 AMPosted by Fluury

Just attempt something, bliz, this silence is heartbreaking.

Dont worry, there's a good chance that he will be added in the next PTR (I hope)

Seeing as how buffing him isn't that much of a popular opinion, that's probably not happening.
12/19/2016 02:23 PMPosted by Gamerboy25
I'm worrying.

8 months of nothing it's likely they'll keep ignoring him.
NEW ABILITY

While in turret mode Bastion can shift left or right based on his original orientation. (like he is on rails).

At least that would give him some restricted movement to dodge.
11/26/2016 02:11 PMPosted by JakuNonon
11/26/2016 02:08 PMPosted by Amo
Stop it with meta crap..if you are a good bastion, play him in comp.
he gets shat on by every other hero in the game...He needs SOMETHING
ah yes the well known winston vs bastion matchup
12/20/2016 01:38 PMPosted by Djoser
11/26/2016 02:11 PMPosted by JakuNonon
... he gets shat on by every other hero in the game...He needs SOMETHING
ah yes the well known winston vs bastion matchup
the one matchup he can win. everything else results in a loss.
12/20/2016 09:29 AMPosted by Alexander

Seeing as how buffing him isn't that much of a popular opinion, that's probably not happening.

What? Have you seen the amount of likes on this thread, or the other threads?
they're too busy making tracer gay to care about Bastion.
God no.

A version that was nerfed enough to not be OP would be kinda useless.
11/26/2016 02:36 PMPosted by CuddlyFlower
11/26/2016 02:27 PMPosted by Crucifer
Please do remember that a shield would make Bastion untouchable to other forms of taking him out like Roadhog's hook, Ana's sleep dart, Sombra's hack (if you can turn to face her in time), D.VA's nuke, etc.

Even flankers would have a hard time with a shielded Bastion since the second he turns towards their direction, the flankers would be fighting against high firepower AND a shield.

Why not make the shield stationary, i.e. it doesn't move with Bastion's aim? If he wants to move the shield, he has to reconfigure again.

This is the only way it wouldn't be flat-out OP. or useless. ^
I'm still against it, as a person who goes after Bastion on D.va a lot, I feel like that little metal bastard is fine as-is. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding - don't rage. Dying to Bastion is just no fun if you fail at flanking him or you team just sucks, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need some help being chosen more in comp.)
12/20/2016 05:37 PMPosted by BaByDoLL
Dying to Bastion is just no fun if you fail at flanking him or you team just sucks
won't you die to anyone at that point?

also, it's not fun dying to anyone ever Bastion or no Bastion.

also, he counters D.va (the hero you 1v1 him with) and your head hitbox is so big his spread doesn't matter to get headshots on her.
how about no a skilled bastion is hell enough
12/20/2016 11:04 PMPosted by michael
how about no a skilled bastion is hell enough

Yeah, did you see all those skilled Bastions after 3k SR?

So many of them!
12/20/2016 09:06 AMPosted by Fluury

Probably the Bliz will continue as they do know, aka doing nothing about him :(

12/20/2016 01:25 PMPosted by Terranguard
8 months of nothing it's likely they'll keep ignoring him.

Thats very true tbh
I completely agree. Maybe a 300 to 500 health shield and maybe a nerf to his damage by about 100 dps would be nice. I really like Bastion, but he relies too much on other heroes to protect him.
As a Reinhardt Player, please do this.

Seriously, I HATE puppy guarding the !@#$ing bastion. It prevents me from shielding the rest of my team, or contesting the payload/point. However, if I don't do it then the Bastion pick is virtually useless. I refuse to do it these days, so the match always feels like a 5v6.
The shield was to op. I think increasing the speed of going in and out of its turret form would be helpful imo
That way when you realize a Junkrats bombing you or whatever you can shift and get away more quickly
12/21/2016 09:58 AMPosted by MadamMayhem
The shield was to op. I think increasing the speed of going in and out of its turret form would be helpful imo
That way when you realize a Junkrats bombing you or whatever you can shift and get away more quickly

I don't wanna be that "tough" guy but he didn't say to bring back the 1k shield back. He said that Bastion should get a nerfed version of the shield somewhere between 400 to 500.

But I do like the Configuration buff idea. That's something positive.
12/21/2016 09:58 AMPosted by MadamMayhem
was it OP or were people crying instead of countering? there's no way to tell now that it's gone.