Minimum Internet speed required for steady connection to OW?

Technical Support
I'm having huge troubles with my internet right now. The package that's currently provided to me is 15mbps down/4mbps up (shoutout to shoddy Canadian ISP's) and it's already fairly pricey, and I can honestly only play OW if no-one else is around in the house using up any bandwidth. Most games have usually played fine up to this point, but if someone two floors up sneezes, hello lag city.

So, my question is what is the minimum speed I should have to be able to play consistently? My ISP offers 50mbps down for an extra $16 a month, so that's what I'm currently looking into, but will it be good enough?

(Also, not able to change ISP's because we're packaged. If I wanted to change ISP I would front the full bill myself.)
512kbps/192kbps (download/upload respectively) of low latency, reliable connectivity is what is needed to play Overwatch. Meaning the lowest end DSL package can handle the game.

Consider implementing QoS on your network using the algorithm FQ_Codel and prioritize the traffic for Overwatch above all else.

Here's an introduction as to what QoS is and does: https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Networking-101-Quality-of-Service-QoS-138390
11/28/2016 08:11 PMPosted by Smith6612
512kbps/192kbps (download/upload respectively) of low latency, reliable connectivity is what is needed to play Overwatch. Meaning the lowest end DSL package can handle the game.

Consider implementing QoS on your network using the algorithm FQ_Codel and prioritize the traffic for Overwatch above all else.

Here's an introduction as to what QoS is and does: https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Networking-101-Quality-of-Service-QoS-138390

This. I have a 7mbps down/1mbps up and I can play perfectly fine, no problem usually averaging 30-60 ping.
I have
DOWNLOAD
2.11 Mbps
UPLOAD
0.30 Mbps
YES!! FEEL THE PAIN I FEEL!!!!1
Download speed doesn’t matter in video games. What really matters is ping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(video_games)
it doesn't matter what internet you have, blizzard has crappy server or system that will disconnect you even when you're still online with battle.net.

happens to me ALL the time with the recent updates (since Doomfist came out) been getting penalties all the tie because of this !@#$. tried resetting my modem (which only crashes with this game) but I don't think it has anything to do with our end since its a widespread issue that blizzard doesn't want to admit. So I'm about done with this game unless they fix there servers. game works fine on Xbox and PS4 tho. at least for me.
While many will state that download/upload is irrelevant.... unfortunately while true, it's also false when dealing with most isps and specially depending on distance to server.

Typically latencies will significantly improve the faster your download/upload is... though most people seem to ignore upload which tend to play the largest roll in online play.

I've seen 50mbps internet with pings in well excess of 100ms... and i've seen 5mbps with sub 20ms pings... there are just so many factors involved... specially if your being connected by fiber at the home or at the terminal at least, vs being stuck with solid copper most of the way with a boatload of terminals you end up being routed through.

I live in canada and i'm limited to a 1.2mbps down and 0.096mbps upload.... and while i can setup servers and access them anywhere in the province.. (and i'm also paying basically $80/m for this connection as it's the fastest i might add)... i can get sub 12ms pings to those servers... But unfortunately the big pipe running into the states is the bottleneck... the moment i touch that network which is the only way to get to blizzard... packetloss and latency issues run rampant... there is no excusable way i should be having a far more stable connection to Japan than i do connecting to the US...
I have a 3.59 mbps with this weird router and every time I play (on the lowest settings possible). Everything lags out and I crash from the servers. From what you and others are saying Im making a guess of 7mbps
idk how many times ive been disconnected to this piece of !@#$ servers!
How good internet du you need to have to play this piece of %^-* game?1 HUH?! HOW FKN MUCH?
If it werent such a good game there would be any one playing it..fu ck it!
im done!
Battlegrounds here i come.
11/28/2016 08:11 PMPosted by Smith6612

Thank you @Smith6612 for the suggestion. But this requires more knowledge about internet traffic than I have with switching priorities, etc. I think I am with the rest of the group in looking for a new game to play.
I played one full day with 1Mbps down 512Kbps up without any issues.
08/24/2017 01:47 PMPosted by PapiDimmi
Download speed doesn’t matter in video games. What really matters is ping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(video_games)

The download speed matter because you use it for receiving the information you see on your screen. Your upload speed its for the server receive what you are doing. The ping its basically your upload, but you need your download to play, try to limit it at 1kbps and you will understand that you will see everyone teleporting/freezing ingame.
Assuming there is nothing else using the connection, for perspective, here in Mexico I have the cheapest around, 3Mbps, my ping is 70ms or less.