What kind of company posts their announcements in PST?

General Discussion
I'm not the kind of guy who normally makes new topics, but seriously? Does anybody else ever do that?

I'm not the only person from outside the EST timezone that thinks that's weird, right?
probably other companies based out of PST....
I would go with a company that is based in that area... Maybe they should put it in AEDT for us Australian fellas??
A company that was formed and is based in California.
If they were sane they'd use UTC for everything.

But then everyone in the US would complain.
California based companies.

CIG for Star Citizen does this all the time.
This IS an international game with people playing on all servers from all over the globe so it's pretty unimportant anyway.
Time zones are hard.
Probably everyone in PST.
I've always informally thought of PST as "Internet time". Many computer and gaming companies are based out of California, and they time things accordingly.

Not a big deal for me, I've been doing the conversions in my head for years. Isn't that hard really.
If you're bad at time zones you can always google it. Off topic sort of, but I knew a chick that was interested in one of my friends. He had gone to the east coast to visit family and she couldn't grasp the concept that he was 3 hours ahead in time, she thought we were messing with her. She then googled what time zones were and she was amazed. I couldn't have face palmed any harder...
Or they could just post all their events as timeanddate.com links which then automatically adjust for everyone on the planet including daylight saving/summertime.

Automation is a wonderful thing
Nope but i live in C.A so not weird to me to be in pst :)
Internally, we set all of our times in UTC. But development takes place in Irvine, California. So for most of us working on the game, we think about time according to PST.

The end result is things like Season 3 starting at 4pm PST 11/30 is really 12/1 at midnight UTC.

Hope that makes sense.
Every single MMO I've ever played since Ultima Online has always been in Pacific time. UO, AO, EQ, EQ2, WOW.... It's not a new thing.
pst is pretty common
um what about any company not based in that time zone? I know it might be hard to imagine, but there are actually people living outside of that area, even outside of the us shocking I know, and some of those people actually form gaming companies, I know what has the world come to right?
11/29/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Internally, we set all of our times in UTC. But development takes place in Irvine, California. So for most of us working on the game, we think about time according to PST.

The end result is things like Season 3 starting at 4pm PST 11/30 is really 12/1 at midnight UTC.

Hope that makes sense.

And what time zone does the employee who ended the Summer Games and Halloween seasonal events exactly one hour early think about time in? I'm hoping you all chip in a few dollars and buy him or her a watch before the next seasonal event.
11/29/2016 05:25 PMPosted by LameSauce
I've always informally thought of PST as "Internet time". Many computer and gaming companies are based out of California, and they time things accordingly.

Not a big deal for me, I've been doing the conversions in my head for years. Isn't that hard really.

Hell I keep my computer clock set to PST lol. I am 3 hours ahead of them.
11/29/2016 05:48 PMPosted by Superbunny
11/29/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Hope that makes sense.

And what time zone does the employee who ended the Summer Games and Halloween seasonal events exactly one hour early think about time in? I'm hoping you all chip in a few dollars and buy him or her a watch before the next seasonal event.

Not that it bothered me that happened but...damn real talk. Lol!