(PTR) Mercy in 1v1 Mystery Duel now?

General Discussion
http://i.imgur.com/986r8uB.png

In the image it no longer says Mercy is an unavailable hero, but I went into a custom game of 1v1 and restarted the match for over a half hour and never got Mercy once.
So is Mercy in 1v1 now?
I guess youre a mercy main
While not quite on topic, you're obsessed if you tried for half an hour just to see if you could get Mercy...
Man I hope so, I would play 1v1 then for the chance to get Mercy.
11/22/2016 05:17 PMPosted by Astral
While not quite on topic, you're obsessed if you tried for half an hour just to see if you could get Mercy...
I just wanted to see if Mercy is in 1v1 now.
Mercy should be in it. Her gun does enough damage to offset her self-healing.
I think someone mentioned that the hero pick is in a set pattern depending on which hero you start out as, and they cycle through the heroes until someone wins. When they've tested the last time, Ana was the last in line. It's possible that Mercy has been added to the lineup, but at the end.
I have played a lot of 1v1 and I can't recall getting any support other than Symmetra. I'm assuming it's because it would be a draw in most cases as Mercy has the passive HP regen after 1 second of not taking damage and Lucio V Lucio could also go on for ever... Ana V Ana would be nice though, that could be over in 3 shots.
11/22/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Mercy
11/22/2016 05:17 PMPosted by Astral
I just wanted to see if Mercy is in 1v1 now.

Just wanted to see... for over half an hour, just resetting and resetting... well at least you're dedicated to your cause
11/22/2016 05:20 PMPosted by Frogger009
Mercy should be in it. Her gun does enough damage to offset her self-healing.

Would you consider the amount of damage it does to be surprising?
We have a long term plan to add her and Lucio back to 1v1 but for now she is still disabled.
11/22/2016 05:22 PMPosted by Astral
11/22/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Mercy
...I just wanted to see if Mercy is in 1v1 now.

Just wanted to see... for over half an hour, just resetting and resetting... well at least you're dedicated to your cause

Hey its not in the patch notes if Mercy was added to 1v1, I want to see if she really is in 1v1, its not like I have anything better to do ;)
11/22/2016 05:23 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have a long term plan to add her and Lucio back to 1v1 but for now she is still disabled.
Thanks Mr. Kaplan!

Will this involve tweaking how lucio plays in 1v1? I hope so, and that some of the other heroes get tweaked.

For example, winston duels are kind of just who-clicks-who-first.

Hmm.. gonna take a guess here.

Mercy: Have various "souls" scattered around the map to make the duel more interesting.

Lucio: Add temporary platforms, or walls, in the map and disable healing boost

The Lucio suggestion might be asking for a bit much, but getting rid of healing is a definite imo.

Thoughts, guys?
11/22/2016 05:44 PMPosted by FoxDie10

Mercy: Have various "souls" scattered around the map to make the duel more interesting.

The Lucio suggestion might be asking for a bit much, but getting rid of healing is a definite imo.

Thoughts, guys?

The idea is cool, it makes think about the old classes challenges from wow in a way :/ ( damn nostalgia )

I also hope they will rework duels in 1 v 1 for :
- Winston -> be the first to click and GG
- Zarya -> I just give up asap :/

I have to agree with this decision. Not so much for Mercy, but Lucio duels take forever. His gun's just too slow and easy to dodge (especially by, coincidentally, another Lucio).

That was my biggest dread when I heard about the mystery duel at Blizzcon. "Oh god, Lucio battles are going to take ages...." lol
11/22/2016 05:58 PMPosted by Spasios

Thoughts, guys?

The idea is cool, it makes think about the old classes challenges from wow in a way :/ ( damn nostalgia )

Winston is more about who does the best leaps. Whichever Winston dos that wins.

For Zarya, never bubble first. You give him damage based on 0 energy. He gets say 10 energy out of it. Now you bubble and you're getting energy off of his 10 energy damage, and overall you will end up with more energy, say 15 or 20.

Zarya 1v1 is like rule 1 for Roadhog. Don't use your !@#$ first.
11/22/2016 05:58 PMPosted by Spasios

Thoughts, guys?

When I duel in the Winston fights, I make sure to land near my opponent (to get that last bit of extra dmg).

Not sure about Zarya either, but then again I don't have an issue with her duel.