To McCree players...

General Discussion
It's not a secret that McCree is often said to have a weak ultimate. It's not an opinion I share exactly, in fact the only thing I ever thought needed buffing about McCree was his player's ability to use Deadeye at a suiting time. You know, such as in a team fight when the enemy are occupied and are already too late to stop you when it takes 2 seconds to lock on to their supports and DPS heros.

But what do I know? I've never actually used McCree. Ever. So tell me, what would you do to improve his ultimate? Because the way I see it, Deadeye treads a very thin border between what it is now...and being overpowered. I'd gladly trade Infrasight for Deadeye, but that's just me.
What I would do to improve his ultimate?

Well first of all, removing that !@#$ing delay between the click and the shots would be very nice.
12/07/2016 02:43 PMPosted by EZREALWRONG

Well first of all, removing that !@#$ing delay between the click and the shots would be very nice.

This.

You could also let him combat roll while hes ulting.
The glow. It needs to be dimmed. You are the most easily visible target in the game for all the CC to be directed at.
His Ultimate is like Reapers and even 76's to a degree.

People don't use it right.

They think that "Y" is the Instant Win button and that anyone you can see will drop dead.

And then you're left shut down thinking "What happened to my Ult"?!?!

Master the timing and your opinion will change.
12/07/2016 03:03 PMPosted by Azrael008uk

They think that "Y" is the Instant Win button and that anyone you can see will drop dead.

It's not though. Reaper starts doing damage right away and 76 has a small delay then wrecks face with his recent buffs.

Mccree is super vulnerable. On top of that anything in this game can save you from his ult, including a railing or fence.

His ult is just bad. Every Mccree player knows it. You literally press Q and are immobile. Every other dps ult in the game lets you deal damage right away and/or move around.
I wouldn't change a thing. Even if his dead eye only locks for a moment, the game is about advantage. It's about taking control. Even if you don't get that full sweep, killing even one opponent gives your team advantage and momentum.

Yes his Ult is dangerous, that's why people go into hiding. It's the rest of his team that has to take advantage of that.
12/07/2016 03:15 PMPosted by Koosher
12/07/2016 03:03 PMPosted by Azrael008uk

It's not though. Reaper starts doing damage right away and 76 has a small delay then wrecks face with his recent buffs.

Mccree is super vulnerable. On top of that anything in this game can save you from his ult, including a railing or fence.

His ult is just bad. Every Mccree player knows it. You literally press Q and are immobile. Every other dps ult in the game lets you deal damage right away and/or move around.

Disagree.

There's a right time to use anyone's buff and too many people are firing off their rounds too soon and left in a flacid heap on the ground having impressed no one.
I don't think his ult is bad, but it is annoying how every tank but Roadhog can make it irrelevant.
definitely the glow... it needs to be dimmed or something
If he had some way to like... sweep through the players to decide what order he wants to shoot them I think that'd be cool. Like, if McCree is moving his camera from left to right he shoots people from left to right too.

AFAIK at the moment the order he shoots people in is the order for which he first saw them or whatever?

I think it's a pretty poor system. If the enemy has a genji reflecting at you, the order in which McCree shoots people can be the difference between zero kills and five, yet it feels really arbitrary. He should get some way to choose what way to sweep.
12/07/2016 02:54 PMPosted by Koosher

This.

You could also let him combat roll while hes ulting.

I made a post about this a month ago. Thanks for bringing it up again
I feel like the only reason McCree's Ult is even considered an option in comp anymore compared to other DPS heroes is to counter Zenyatta's Ult.

Woah I would love this.
12/07/2016 03:20 PMPosted by vanra
I don't think his ult is bad, but it is annoying how every tank but Roadhog can make it irrelevant.

I suppose you've never been hooked before?
12/07/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Azrael008uk
Disagree.

There's a right time to use anyone's buff and too many people are firing off their rounds too soon and left in a flacid heap on the ground having impressed no one.

You have 10 minutes as Mccree.

Get some more play time with him. Try his ult out for a few hours perhaps...
I want when I cancel it, to immediately roll.

I want 8 seconds of charge, so I can break a full HP Reinhardt barrier with 1 Deadeye shot.

I want it to be faster to activate and cancel. Damage ramp time is fine.

Most importantly though, what I want the most for McCree has nothing to do with his ultimate.

I want diminishing damage on Fan the Hammer. Every shot that hits, the damage decreases.
1st shot - 70
2nd - 60
3rd - 50
4th - 40
5th - 30
6th - 20

This means he retains his 3 shot kill FTH he had on release (when combined with Flashbang), HOWEVER, his damage remains exactly the same as it currently is for all 6 rounds, 270 damage.

This doesn't touch his damage on tanks AT ALL, this only improves his anti-flank capability.

If somebody, if anybody at all gets flashed by McCree and they aren't a tank and it's a 1v1, THEY SHOULD BE DEAD. !@#$ING DEAD-OH, GONERIN-OH. ZIPPED. BURNED. RIP.

%^-*ing dead.

He doesn't do this. Fan the Hammer has absolutely no use anymore except in spamming into Rein barrier or burst against tanks, ironically the thing it was redesigned to be WORSE against. All Blizzard did was make it completely useless against everything BESIDES tanks.

12/07/2016 03:30 PMPosted by Brasso90

I suppose you've never been hooked before?

>Not using Deadeye at a distance further than the Moon
The time it takes for someone to be dead shouldnt be based off of enemy health (Lucio ult making it basically impossible to kill anyone).

Like maybe after 2.5 seconds of holding ur ult, it will just kill anything regardless of health or shields (shield hp of course)
12/07/2016 03:38 PMPosted by Shadula
(Lucio ult making it basically impossible to kill anyone).

Trading Deadeye for Sound Barrier is a completely fair interaction from both sides, is healthy, and should remain.

Get hooked son.

:p