Could we PLEASE be just a little greatful for the event?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
I agree with the OP completely. I'm loving this event. The Brawl isn't the best but it sure isn't BAD. A lot of the new skins are really cool. I'm very disappointed I don't get a new Mercy skin though, but that's a nit pick. Overall it's a blast.
No.

Laziness shoudnt be rewarded.
12/13/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Lucavex
12/13/2016 01:45 PMPosted by Muffkin
As soon as the content is actually at no additional cost, I'll evaluate it as if it were at no additional cost.

As it stands, there is a pricetag on content for a game that itself had a pricetag.
There is no price tag. You can earn lootboxes just by playing the game. You can spend exactly zero dollars and get the holiday content.

Must be nice to have infinite time on your hands.

They sell loot boxes for money. The rate at which you acquire them without money is so slow that players cannot be expected to reasonably get what they want within the time period through RNG. The system by which you bypass bad RNG has a massive tax for limited time content. Saying these skins are free is naive.
My literal only gripe is the Mei skin being so lazy, looking like a purple, and costing the same price as an orange. Oh, and Zarya's skin. I wanted a really nice Mei skin.

Also the fact that Tracer got ANOTHER legendary when she just got one in the Summer Games, while some characters (D.va, Hanzo, Widow, etc.) don't have anything significant from the events save for a couple of color edits (though I admit, Hanzo's is cool).

I just wanted something amazing (heh) for Mei... but we still have Lunar New Year where they could make up for it, maybe Easter for D.va and Valentine's for Widow?

I love the rest of the skins though, even if part of me just really wants that McCree skin from the Halloween event.
My only issue is why Tracer gets a skin again while she already had one meanwhile some heroes had no legendary skin at all.
I think time was the issue here. Halloween and Xmas are so close that hey didn't have enough time to make something more special. Personally I don't like xmas skins. Mainly because they only last few weeks when other skins last whole year.

So "Winter games" would have been better choice. Still Winston's legendary skin is probably best one from this event and most relevant after xmas.

However Thanks Blizzard for awesome events! We all like them and even those who complains likes them, they probably just wanted something more or something different.
If you think about the millions and millions of dollars blizzard got from Overwatch and the constant money that flows in from the lootboxes, you can say that you really got nothing.

I would love to see more new Members in the Overwatch team, so that you can really invest the money you earned.
If i were Blizzard, what im clearly not. Lol
12/13/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Preacher
No. Laziness shoudnt be rewarded.
They don't buy lootboxes. Simple as that. They don't care about random forums dwellers praise.... They want money...
i appreciate the good work they've put on winston's new skin. That doesn't mean they are also doing a good work on other characters.
12/13/2016 01:58 PMPosted by Preacher
No. Laziness shoudnt be rewarded.
They don't buy lootboxes... They want money...
It's almost like if Blizzard did a good job then both parties would win.
It is more how people express their opinions.

sort of like 12 year old brats.
New skins are bad? I think they're all great! Except Lucio....
Of course the content had to be free, you think this game would be alive if they charged for the patches? most AAA titles have way more content than overwatch as well on release.
haha I think this link is relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9PyW259YWY
Here's a few good things about this event...
Torb's legendary is absolutely great!
The purple skins for the most part are amazing.
Zarya's legendary emote is pretty fun to watch.
Zen also has a pretty nice legendary
Widow has a nice POTG Intro (Which I doubt many will see after a match)
Tracer Elf is pretty good as well
So is Yetti Winston

Bad things, according to most...
Mei's skin is bad
The brawl is bad

...Why are people complaining again?
After how good Halloween was? No. I am going to complain about how lackluster all this is.
Bastion still hasn't been buffed so I'm not happy with the update.
12/13/2016 02:00 PMPosted by Muffkin
12/13/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Lucavex
...There is no price tag. You can earn lootboxes just by playing the game. You can spend exactly zero dollars and get the holiday content.

Must be nice to have infinite time on your hands.

They sell loot boxes for money. The rate at which you acquire them without money is so slow that players cannot be expected to reasonably get what they want within the time period through RNG. The system by which you bypass bad RNG has a massive tax for limited time content. Saying these skins are free is naive.
so what you're really saying is you can't be bothered to actually work for the skin you want, and you don't like the option that you can spend money to bypass the work required to unlock them. You just want them for free no strings attached. Never mind the fact that if you had half a brain you'd have been saving your credits for when the event started so you could just straight out buy what you wanted. I belong to the third category, by the way.

So really, your complaint boils down to you're upset because blizzard didn't present the skins you wanted on a silver platter to you.

No thanks.
12/13/2016 02:49 PMPosted by Lucavex
so what you're really saying is you can't be bothered to actually work for the skin you want, and you don't like the option that you can spend money to bypass the work required to unlock them.

My main issue with skins is the amount of money it takes to acquire them. Correct.

That should be pretty obvious.
Blizzard keeps taking the wrong turn with this stuff. They are trying to force a square peg through a round hole, and we are calling it out.

How dare you say that we have no right to complain. We paid for this. Blizzard is big on feedback and their implementation is quite often !@#$. So we call it out.