Mccree: EVERY hero can outplay his ultimate. Why?

General Discussion
12/13/2016 11:23 AMPosted by Extinguisher
I can't believe how many numb skulls here don't realize he's talking about McCree's ult and not McCree himself.

Have you read the title of the post? If that's not what he meant the onus is on him to change it.
OK, so counter apparently means:

imagining the best possible situation for your enemy and the worst possible situation for McCree, while the enemy reacts perfectly and the McCree player is what ... afk?

Let us follow that logic further and say everyone counters everyone.

You learned it here first, friends. xD
I'm pretty sure a flashbang into fan the hammer kills most of those lower hp heroes.
Flash bang one of, if not the, most versatile and useful skills in the game
READ: OP is talking about Deadeye.

This is simple. Give Mcree Gunzerk. Problem solved.
12/13/2016 11:25 AMPosted by Bus9ja2d
12/13/2016 11:23 AMPosted by Extinguisher
I can't believe how many numb skulls here don't realize he's talking about McCree's ult and not McCree himself.

Have you read the title of the post? If that's not what he meant the onus is on him to change it.

Have you read the post? The onus is on the commentor to read the post he is commenting on. The titles only point is to get people in the thread. Too often people don't read the actual post or already existing answers and just throw a reply on nothing.
12/13/2016 10:49 AMPosted by Poseidon7771
Mercy - fly to another hero in cover, or jump of the map until Mccree stops ulting, then fly back up to a teammate close enough.
If you actually pull that off, let me know.
OP is over exaggerating a bit but he isn't totally wrong. Mccree is in a bad spot right now and needs some tuning. He needs to be a little more self reliant and less team reliant.

Look at 76, the god of the dps right now. He can literally do it all right now. He has mobility, healing, high damage output, and a ultimate that wrecks face. How come he hasn't been tweaked yet?

When Mccree was strong, he was nerfed into place so fast... which im not argueing against, Mccree was OP af.

Take this post with a grain of salt but I've been hurting lately as a Mccree player. It just sucks when your favourite character is overshadowed by someone who can everything better. /endrant
[Okay, so it seems I have mislead some people, and I apoligise. Let me clear things up:
What I mean is every hero can work around or counter Deadeye easily. As to the point made that Lucio shouldn't counter you as a Mccree, that's true, maybe I wasn't very clear when I was talking about Lucio, what I mean is that he can't really kill Mccree when ulting, and sure, it's rare that you get close enough to Mccree to boop him, but the speed boost makes it much easier to get into cover not only for Lucio but his entire team. And when I said "Tracer is mobile enough to get to cover" I assumed I wouldn't have to explain to you how Tracer, a hero who can literally teleport 45 meters in less than a second, can get into cover...
Mccree's ultimate can be used well in cases such as when used as a CC ult, but lets be honest, that was never what Blizzard intended Deadeye to be, Deadye is suppose to be a team wiping, DEVISTATING ultimate that is used to possibly win the entire game for you. Sure, you can do that, but it realises on you either stacking ultimates with a CC ultimate such as Zarya, Mei, Reinhardt, etc., or a HUGE amount of preperation and positioning which is just a waste of time because in that time you waste getting prepared to ult, you have basically made it a 5v6 for the rest of your team.

In conclusion, Mccree realise way to much on the rest of his team to be any useful with his ult.

I hope this cleared things up.

P.S. I changed the title because I agree it was quite misleading.
Not sure why you call avoiding an ult a "counter". If that is the case, every hero can counter every ult. If I run for cover on Hanzos ult am I now a counter? Most ults are designed to be avoidable.
12/13/2016 11:50 AMPosted by Eon
Mercy - fly to another hero in cover, or jump of the map until Mccree stops ulting, then fly back up to a teammate close enough.
If you actually pull that off, let me know.

I've seen people pull it off before. I haven't because I suck at Mercy, but I've seen good Mercy's do that. It only requires good coordination with your team; just let them know you're going to jump of the map and that someone needs to come to the edge.
12/13/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Bus9ja2d
If Lucio counters you as McCree, you should probably stop playing McCree.

Seriously, a speed boosting Lucio is the BEST COUNTER to a McCree Ult. Who upvoted this !@#$ comment.
Yesterday I got a 5 player kill with my Deadeye. But that happened because reinhard used his ult first to knock them on the ground. You need to work with your team to make Deadeye work, if you always go by yourself then it won't work
It is all about positioning!

Ppl now learn how to counter ult, not only Mcree, so accept that fact. Hanzo main never raged on their ult how slow is.

Play pharah for change and try her ult. You will love Mcree more.
I play with Mccree alot. But ever since 76 got his buff, Mccree has been a dying breed.
But i agree, his ult needs some work. Either increasing his ult speed, increasing his health while using his ult, or increasing damage.
12/13/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Bus9ja2d
If Lucio counters you as McCree, you should probably stop playing McCree.

He's obviously only taking about the ult

bad joke
I used to think mccrees ultimate was bad until I started playing him more. It's really not that bad. It just requires more situational awareness than others as it's more of something to save for when the other team is deeply committed and you're in the back a bit.

Given how powerful his left click is, I think it's fair his ult takes more work.
What are you trying to suggest, OP? Instant locking, tracking around corridors, barrier-piercing bullets + temporarily invulnerability?

Most offensive ultimates are counterable or avoidable with just random use, it's no different than with McRee. Why don't you try coordinating with a Reinhardt or such so you can stun the enemy team first like everyone else? Alternatively, you can wait for better opportunities where the enemy team is distracted or blindsided.
Over time, every hero in Overwatch has gained or have always had a way to counter/not get killed by Deadeye, so it seems like Mccree need's some changes.

1). Can use his ult from relative safety
2). no need to aim, really

That's why his ult is easy to counter.