Oasis is NOT in Dubai

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Lived in Dubai, and when it was in PTR, it felt like it was heavily inspired by it/from it. It's not ignorance, it gives the futuristic vibe of the city. And no clarification or flag was put out at the time. A common misconception right now as people's experience with it are before they implemented a flag to clarify as to where it's located.

Chill.
01/04/2017 08:14 AMPosted by TheWildhawke
With a talking gorilla and religious Star Wars robots.

And Tracer is gay. What's your point?
That thread has nearly 9000 posts.
01/04/2017 08:29 AMPosted by Mel
before they implemented a flag

Played this map about 5 times, have yet to notice a flag. But I did notice cars and bounce pads.
Okay double posts.
Oasis is a new city built in a previously uninhabited part of the desert in Iraq.

There is a full lore write up... I'm not sure why it hasn't been posted yet. I will look into this today.
01/04/2017 07:35 AMPosted by Lawson
Are some of you criticizing others for not knowing where an imaginary city in a fantasy version of the future actually is?

No, I'm criticizing Americans for not knowing what the Iraq flag looks like.
01/04/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Oasis is a new city built in a previously uninhabited part of the desert in Iraq.

There is a full lore write up... I'm not sure why it hasn't been posted yet. I will look into this today.

Oooo lore

how exciting.
Another long debate that could be avoided by 30 sec usage of Google.

Humans...
01/04/2017 08:51 AMPosted by Pouncey
01/04/2017 07:35 AMPosted by Lawson
Are some of you criticizing others for not knowing where an imaginary city in a fantasy version of the future actually is?

Why should we care?
Love the highway that goes through the waterfall.
01/04/2017 08:56 AMPosted by SafeSpaced

Why should we care?

This is the type of attitude that made the world what it is today.
01/04/2017 08:57 AMPosted by MaxPower

Why should we care?

#WeNeedOverwatch
https://vimeo.com/192283582

The military

Why should we care?

Why do you?
https://vimeo.com/192283582

tanks be rolling
01/04/2017 08:57 AMPosted by MaxPower
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why should we care?

So now you're equating knowledge of national flags with the overarching moral compass of humanity as it pertains to the current state of the world. lol

So now you're equating knowledge of national flags with the overarching moral compass of humanity as it pertains to the current state of the world. lol

No, I think he's saying the former is a symptom of the latter.
01/04/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Pouncey

No, I think he's saying the former is a symptom of the latter.

Where are you from, out of curiosity? Or would you prefer to keep it a secret to maintain an imagined moral high ground?

No you tool. I'm saying the general attitude of "I don't give a !@#$, unless it's about me" is the problem.
Yea because painting all citizens of an entire society of well over 300 million as ignorant is definitely an attitude that is bettering the world. I bet other places have no ignorant people. Im certain Americans voted for Brexit, and created the atmosphere that is the same here in America in nearly every Euro country.

I bet every citizen of every other country is superior in its lack of ignorance. The majority of every other country from Indonesia to Uruguay is made up of mostly members of Mensa up on all the Flags of the world, and facts happening. Poland is looking nice this time of year. I think I might move there to be a journalist. O thats right no freedom of press now. Must be the Americans that caused it.
Found the map flag, was on this overview page.
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/overview/

OP could have just linked it. But it's cool, we get map lore now.