PTR Feedback After a Week From a top 500 Player

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
Oh boy where to start..

I'm gonna try to make this as Detailed as Possible but i don't see the point due to The devs already making up their Minds how D.va is a Junkrat Tire Defender now.

----

D.vas Armor Reduction will not help her survive being a tank, she is squishy and fails to do her job as a tank and a flanker.

Geoff Said she is good at Defending the Junkrat tire, Ulting genji, Phara.
But the thing is, has anyone here ever really seen that happen?

For a D.va its not worth it. And she won't survive it or keep up with an Ulting Genji. Like come on.

D.vas Damage nerf has caused it so that its a much bigger nerf than it should have been, you can find the exact numbers on the forums everywhere. it has like 1000 Replies.

D.va got a stealth nerf to her Matrix, where you dont have to be as close to shoot her now. Why wasn't this in the patch notes?

D.va will Become the WORST tank if these changes go live. I am no D.va main. i am a Genji main who has not seen any play this ENTIRE season.
As a DPS Main, i want D.va to be a viable Pick, because how good do you feel when your D.va shields you? She is such a good tank to have.

If you think she could dive in into 6 people and kill everyone, you are insane.
D.va was not Overpowered at all. She was just slightly stronger than she had to be. Removing the extra 100 HP she was given could have solved the whole Issue.

But Removing 200 Armor and changing it to health is even WORSE upon the added damage nerf.

Why not try 300/300 And Reverting the Damage buff on PTR? Everyone is asking for it. EVERYONE

---

Ana nerfs are good. 50% heal and lasts only 4 seconds. She is still the best healer and i doubt that will change. she is just too special. but this is a good direction.

I would say she is fine now. I would love to see a 50% Heal reduction instead of 0% Healing on her nade on enemies.

---

Sombra got 2 Buffs

0.8 Sec Hack

8 Second cooldown instead of 12

What a great buff. she doesnt have to choose between healthpacks and enemies too much. If only you gave her a slight damage buff to hacked enemies it would be awesome.

---

Roadhog feels Terrible. I feel like he is no longer a threat.

As a Genji i can run around as much as i like and just deny his hook with a corner or a pole.

Roadhog does NOT stop Vertical Momentum.

If Roadhog hooks someone, they should be pulled.

Roadhog's hook was NEVER an issue with Pulling, but the Hooking itself.

no one wants to be hooked behind cover and then pulled.

but what if you got hooked right before you could go behind that wall and pulled around some boxes. would that make you more or less mad?

Roadhog should deserve his hooks which he landed. Fairly. not behind walls.

--

I am not going to play overwatch if Balance keeps going this way. game feels boring and stale.

Please. Listen to community feedback. Angel has made an amazing feedback for D.va

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752559736#post-1

Destroying it "d.va the junkrat tire defender"

Really kills the whole "give us feedback"
Imagine running d.va without junkrat.

Imagine not just floating stationary in the air, since d.va can do that, next to your pharah as she ults.

Imagine not double jumping and wall climbing with your ulting genji friend to protect him from Symmetra and Winston, all of these things being what defense matrix excel at.
Bliz: you have to get within spitting distance to hit anything now. Also, don't get within spitting distance if you want to live. GL
Hmm does this guy agree or disagree with my beliefs about Dva? Oh he agrees. Upvote. *ignores the rest*
think the Tank meta is going?
I would like to correct you. We had total of 500 which was 400 armor, and 100 HP.

The previous patch we have given a random buff of 100 HP more to our health. So making it 200 HP, and 400 armor. We didn't ask for it, but blizzard has given it to use.

As DVA's we agree there should be a slight nerf which would be 300 armor, and 300 HP. Or they should revert it back to 400 armor, and 100 HP like it has been since the launch of the game.
01/15/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Oizen
Imagine running d.va without junkrat.

Imagine not just floating stationary in the air, since d.va can do that, next to your pharah as she ults.

Imagine not double jumping and wall climbing with your ulting genji friend to protect him from Symmetra and Winston, all of these things being what defense matrix excel at.

you know who does a better job at protecting genji and phara during ult?

The Russian bodybuilder
01/15/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Dinko
I would like to correct you. We had total of 500 which was 400 armor, and 100 HP.

The previous patch we have given a random buff of 100 HP more to our health. So making it 200 HP, and 400 armor. We didn't ask for it, but blizzard has given it to use.

As DVA's we agree there should be a slight nerf which would be 300 armor, and 300 HP. Or they should revert it back to 400 armor, and 100 HP like it has been since the launch of the game.

But D.Va alone is why Reaper isnt run guys!!!

Its totally not Soldier 76 being broken as !@#$, or Roadhog being able to oneshot Reaper from a longer range!
01/15/2017 02:43 PMPosted by LancerKagato

4 tank meta? ye, the d.va is gone.

3 tank meta + soldier is still there.

now watch out for "nerf soldier" threads coming in a few weeks
01/15/2017 02:48 PMPosted by Starcatraz
01/15/2017 02:43 PMPosted by LancerKagato

Thanks for the reply! I don't see how nerfing Soldier will fix 3 tanks.
I pretty much going to stop buying loot boxes and other stuff on other Blizzard's games if this PTR changes for D. Va goes live to be honest. It seem like they don't really care about out feedbacks anymore.
01/15/2017 02:47 PMPosted by Oizen

But D.Va alone is why Reaper isnt run guys!!!

Its totally not Soldier 76 being broken as !@#$, or Roadhog being able to oneshot Reaper from a longer range!

As I said before reaper should get a buff or make an exception that he can penetrate DVA armor a little better. Soilder 76 is the one causing this mess (And as well as roadhog). The problem with solider 76 is that we cannot solo him anymore.

Something that should be noted is that tanks are FEARED at close range. (Except winston because his design purpose is much different) Just like if a reaper was to go in front of a reinhart you shouldn't expect him to solo a reinhart. The same goes for DVA you should at least fear her when you are in front of her, but SHE should be able to kill them if they decide to face her off. I just want to do my role as tank and that is forcing the attacker to retreat (Of course when there is only one attacker) If that requires me to have zero movement of speed when firing then let is happen.

In competitive when a person is on high ground it's DVA job to boost up there and get him down. He can run away because of DVA crippling movement when firing, and her boosters are on a 5 second cooldown.

The problem- Soilder 76 can now destroy DVA (on PTR) with no pose of a threat on a 1v1. I am not saying I should be able to kill everyone, but if they choose not to run away then I should because Tanks are supposed to be FEARED at close range. My job is to protect my team. If that is high ground then so be it. I am not a long range shooter, so if the roles were long range attacks I have no chance against solider.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Thanks for the reply! I don't see how nerfing Soldier will fix 3 tanks.

Nerfing Soldier does not make the tanks go away, it just means other DPS can be used since he no longer far outclasses them in general damage. 3 tank was a thing before D.Va was buffed, but when Soldier was buffed at the same time, you ran her because she was actually viable and benefited a lot from Ana's healing, and she was the only thing to reliably stop Soldier. Nerfing Ana is what makes 3 tanks go away, and allows more flexibility with healers and team comps, since more options will now work.

100 hp 400 armor, thats exactly what i meant. she was very much fine with that
01/15/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Starcatraz

100 hp 400 armor, thats exactly what i meant. she was very much fine with that

Your quote" Removing the extra 100 Armor she was given could have solved the whole Issue."

She was given 100 HP not armor. It's a little correction.
01/15/2017 02:37 PMPosted by Starcatraz

D.va will Become the WORST tank if these changes go live.

Slightly better or worse than launch D.va?
01/15/2017 03:01 PMPosted by MEITTI

Worse. She has less effective HP on PTR then she has ever had in her existence in the game, because of how armor works, her critbox, and how she is supposed to be played. Pair this with her damage nerf and tada, you have one of, if not the worst, iteration of D.Va that has been in the game.

If you mean overall, with her killing herself, slower self-destruct timer, no toggle matrix, then maybe not. Right now i'm just strictly talking about her usefulness as a tank. Abilties alone don't cause a hero to become viable. See Sombra

If you want some more in depth explanation, see here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752500877 or here https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752676183#post-1

You mean launch d.va without her toggle Matrix? The d.va that could die to her ult?
I don't think we will ever see a hero worse than launch d.VA.
01/15/2017 03:12 PMPosted by ManBearPig

You mean launch d.va without her toggle Matrix? The d.va that could die to her ult?
I don't think we will ever see a hero worse than launch d.VA.
I'm not sure even with those issues D.Va could stay in a fight though.