That Sombra buff though

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
01/05/2017 03:02 PMPosted by SneakySquid
01/05/2017 03:01 PMPosted by BT160919
20% is nothing to shrug off people. That's the difference between getting a hack off or not.

Why don't y'all go test it in PTR?
It's a fifth of a second

That's nothing

Sooo you wouldn't mind playing with an extra 200 ms ping?
01/05/2017 02:42 PMPosted by Raansu

Also, her damage is still !@#...

That's the thing, her damage is actually really good, her spread is complete trash and makes that damage unnoticeable. Have you ever shot at a stationary roadhog? You shred him. The problem is you can't do that damage on anything but stationary tanks because of that massive spread.
01/05/2017 11:18 PMPosted by Mauden
01/05/2017 02:42 PMPosted by Raansu

Also, her damage is still !@#...

That's the thing, her damage is actually really good, her spread is complete trash and makes that damage unnoticeable. Have you ever shot at a stationary roadhog? You shred him. The problem is you can't do that damage on anything but stationary tanks because of that massive spread.

True it's the spread that makes the overall damage weak. But I believe this is what Raansu was saying.

About the "buff" it seems weak even tho I haven't tried it yet.
But I like that for once the developpers doesn't make too drastic changes too quick. At least Sombra is being adressed, it's a start, not what I was hoping but still.

I still believe like it has been said that the problem with sombra is that she works alright with good communication but we all know that 6 man premade is not 100% of comp matches.
Each heroes should be able to be decent while soloQ-ing as soloQ is an option in the game.
For Sombra, a simple "buff" would be to make her hacked medpack / ennemies way more visible to all teammates.

I would definitly rush to hacked medpacks if I see them and would rush on hacked ennemies as I'd know they can't use any skills to defend.
01/05/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Asyns

Is it enough?
What do you guys think?

Well the average reaction for a human is like 21.5 ms meaning that effective you have just over 1 second to target and damage sombra. I could see it being easily enough personally because to me Sombra is often very hard to damage in the heat of the moment. Granted that may just be my old age showing.
01/05/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Asyns

Is it enough?
What do you guys think?

Not to take away from your thread but can you link the full patch notes?

p.s. It may be enough. It already feels really hard sometimes to react and damage sombra in time at masters rank. Although that might just be for me because i'm getting old.

But, who really plays her that much in the masters rank, or any rank for that. Im not in masters but most videos/streams I watch never have her. Same thing for just about every rank gold+. She doesn't have enough obvious utility to the team.
No its not...but its something you have to start with little thing firts, i hope they can see her just a little bit and try some different things on the ptr with her.
A small 0.2 seconds off of her hack time isn't really enough for her. She's supposed to be a disabler and she only disables for 6 seconds, and can only do it every 12 seconds. Her hack needs to be looked at more to allow Sombra to be more of an annoyance that the enemy has to deal with rather than, "Oh no Rein's shield is hacked... ok it's back".
What exactly does a decrease of .2 seconds supposed to do?

Why does that require the PTR?
01/05/2017 02:31 PMPosted by SneakySquid
It's like giving me an Advil for having my legs blown off

I laughed way harder then I should have at this lol but yes this buff isn't gonna make her better. Sure I may actually get the hack off but I will probably still get destroyed because of it or still feel like I am not providing enough for my team to help us get to victory.
Hard to say, good Sombra's are really quite good for what they do and invalidate Bastion even more than before. Against everyone else they're the same as a backline harraser, but with nifty features.

I think most people who want the buffs want her to play like some sort of s76 which is not a thing I'd like to see because her toolkit is way more than it should be. Should probably wait before buffing her further. A DPS boost would be fatal for a lot of backline heroes.
01/10/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Attlus
I think most people who want the buffs want her to play like some sort of s76 which is not a thing I'd like to see because her toolkit is way more than it should be. Should probably wait before buffing her further. A DPS boost would be fatal for a lot of backline heroes.

No I don't want a straight dps buff for her. I want her kit to work well with what she does. There should be no delay for her when exiting stealth she should be able to act right away. Translocator cooldown should start the second she throws it, not after she uses it. EMP should go through walls and disable Symmetras turrets as well as all ultimates except ones like dragon blade and primal rage. I want her to be this infiltrator/disabler
We have some other changes we are discussing trying. We see the current changes as a step in the right direction.

More info soon...
01/10/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have some other changes we are discussing trying. We see the current changes as a step in the right direction.

More info soon...

Nice to know Jeff! Keep em coming.
soon...

TM
I find it funny how the OW team are going "We don't want ana 2.0" so we are going to be doing small changes at a time and seeing how it plays out with sombra, meanwhile they nuke D.va's survivability

More info soon...

The very minimum you should do Jeff is make it so she can hack while taking damage and reduce its cooldown by about 2 second.

More info soon...

Make it so hack disables healing, and reduce Ana's antiheal
That's what i wanted to hear! Thanks Jeff for letting us know :D

More info soon...

Sounds great! Thanks for the info Jeff!

Are there certain part of her kit that the team is looking to improve?

If the hack playstyle is looking for a bigger push, I've felt like the hack cooldown being shared between players and med kits is a huge hinderance. Hacking players strongly hinders the best part of her kit in hacked packs.
01/10/2017 08:53 AMPosted by TheWarmaster

More info soon...

The very minimum you should do Jeff is make it so she can hack while taking damage and reduce its cooldown by about 2 second.

That isn't the minimum he could do, the minimum he could do is lower the time it takes to hack by 0.2 seconds.