SEA Server Issues

Technical Support
Am I the only one who keeps getting this annoying routing issue where after a match is found and the ping spikes to 220ms, everyone just leaves the game trying to find a new server that's low ping. This problem has been here for quite some time now, I hope there's some fix coming in the next patch. I hear recently that some AUS players are getting this issue as well. This issue can be really annoying especially if you que for Competitive play and they place you in a high ping server.
This is affecting the majority of people it seems in the OCE region as a whole, from Australia to New Zealand to the Philippines etc.
Every single time after patch/maintenance. High ping issue back again. I'm from Malaysia btw. It's really annoying
i am with iinet in perth and was OK up until a week ago. i would average 60 ping. I have a friend who is with TPG in perth who has always had issue when connecting to SEA servers and I was always OK.

This past week i get a 200 ping on the same server i always had 60 ping with. really disapointing as i have friends i regularly play with on SEA servers! Now i can only connect to australian.

I have also been unlucky enough to join SEA server in comp and had to play with 200+ ping
Usually 28-30 ms. Now it's 190-195.
Impossible to play in such conditions.
omg i was looking for this, YES exact ping 0f 220-222
so laggy, everyone in my team and enemy team have it
I'm in Thailand, and i choose american server when i play, because it lag less than Asia, donno how that even make sense, figure that out
yeah im from philippines and i get a stable 70 ping but there's one particular server that always boost my ping to 260 and guess what this time around that 260 is now 350 fml
12/14/2016 05:36 AMPosted by Valentine
I'm in Thailand, and i choose american server when i play, because it lag less than Asia, donno how that even make sense, figure that out

im playing on american server because asia is infested with koreans lol i cant understand what they're typing
Same problem. High ping.And sometimes i just get kicked out of the server. Lost around 200 sr due to this
12/14/2016 05:36 AMPosted by Valentine

That's because the SG servers are under Americas. Recently though there seems to be a huge issue causing most SEA players to be placed in other servers.
Same. Posting from Malaysia here. I don't know why this morning everything seemed okay (~45/~75ms) but now it's either ~220 ms or ~300 ms and unplayable.

I also looked up the IP Address stated in the CTRL+SHIFT+N panel and I can confirm that I was either connected to Australia (220 ms) or USA (300 ms).
Getting 290 - 350 ms 70% of the games I play from 7pm to 7am GMT+8.
Connected around 7am to 7pm works just fine with low latency. Posting this from Malaysia btw
So I can't play when I get back from my studies -.-
This high ping issue was marked solved months ago, BUT

IT WAS NEVER SOLVED.

Every time there is a patch, you will roll back your code and dang! High ping again.
High ping even in ranked. Unacceptable.

This is not the only bug that keep resurfacing each time there is a new patch. Please relook into your software development processes and systems
Same Here. SEND HELP. PLS!!!!
indonesia here, 200-500ms, normally 30-40ms
Need a permanent fix solution
it seem like i get 2 good rounds at 70 ping then it skyrockets to 300 and even cuts out my internet
12/11/2016 04:35 PMPosted by Izuzu
This is a serious problem. Blizzard has been putting me into US / AUS Server and is frustrating getting 200ms ping.

Is not like I wanted to go US server but I have no control over this.

Look at the posts in support forum https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813880/ this problem has been happening since launch.

https://imgur.com/a/1Qvvs

Edit: I'm from Singapore, Asia but the server label for Singapore AWS is Americas

My theory is that Singapore server is under too much load during peak hour and match maker is moving player to another server.
12/14/2016 09:18 PMPosted by Izuzu
12/11/2016 04:35 PMPosted by Izuzu
This is a serious problem. Blizzard has been putting me into US / AUS Server and is frustrating getting 200ms ping.

Is not like I wanted to go US server but I have no control over this.

Look at the posts in support forum https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813880/ this problem has been happening since launch.

https://imgur.com/a/1Qvvs

Edit: I'm from Singapore, Asia but the server label for Singapore AWS is Americas

My theory is that Singapore server is under too much load during peak hour and match maker is moving player to another server.

There are plenty of other servers that is NOT US, and of a lower ping. Funny they sent everyone to that same US server?