How does the Chronal Accelerator work?

General Discussion
I understood that Tracer wears it and it keeps her anchored in the present, but in the new comic she takes it off when she gets home to Emily. What's stopping her becoming a desynchronised ghost again?
Witchcraft and wizardry.
The accelerator only has to be near, it doesn't need to be attached.
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/811296958178529281
When she is with Winston you see it plugged in behind themm. I agree with Matsy.
Her apartment can be one big unit. Just like Fantastic Four does, with Human Torch, and Thing. Everything is fire proof. And can withstand 1000 pound weight. You couldn't do basic things, like change clothing, toilet, showers, If it was always on you.
It's slightly more complicated, but as a general rule, Tracer needs to wear the chronal accelerator (or have it extremely close to her) to keep her anchored in time.

In certain locations, including Emily's apartment and Winston's lab in Watchpoint: Gibraltar, the rules are a little different because she is being anchored using a different method, which is why she doesn't have it on her in those scenes in Reflections.
01/03/2017 08:14 AMPosted by Michael Chu
In certain locations, including Emily's apartment and Winston's lab in Watchpoint: Gibraltar, the rules are a little different because she is being anchored using a different method, which is why she doesn't have it on her in those scenes in Reflections.

an areal chronal accelerator?
It's slightly more complicated, but as a general rule, Tracer needs to wear the chronal accelerator (or have it extremely close to her) to keep her anchored in time.

Right, right... Is it true that Widowmaker was a showgirl before becoming a mercenary assassin and that you guys are planning on giving her "The CanCan" emote to reflect this?
01/03/2017 08:17 AMPosted by Arabum

an areal chronal accelerator?

One can assume. Winston would want here to be able to relax at home/his place

I imagine places where she rests often (ie her home, Emily's place, Gibraltar, etc) have a modified chronal accelerator installed in the building that generates a field that anchors her. Without the chest piece she probably can't blink or rewind, but she is able to stay anchored to the present if she stays within the field.
Winston did create the chronal accelerator for her so I would assume he has a more advanced version of it in his laboratory at Watchpoint. He could've also installed this more advanced version at Tracer's apartment as per her request because having it on her all the time would be troublesome when doing certain everyday stuff.

Does it anchor the tank meta as well?
what is a CanCan Emote?

What is that different method?

Are they her CONSTANTS, like Desmond and Penny in LOST?
This is probably a dumb question, but does this radius anchor have any effects on other people? I'd imagine exposure to weird science stuff would eventually mess someone up.
01/03/2017 08:22 AMPosted by ukdork
what is a CanCan Emote?

uhm cancan is a dance (?) where one raises their right leg to knee area then puts it back down then kicks into air then does the same thing to the left leg after lmao i dont sound like i make much sense hmm

In Reflections, Tracer arrives at Watchpoint: Giibraltar with no indication of wearing or having the Chronal Accelerator nearby.

How did she get there without it?
I swear to god a developer is going to tell us the "different method" is "love".
what is a CanCan Emote?

Here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyeES-321xc#t=6m6s
01/03/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Spaghetti
what is a CanCan Emote?

uhm cancan is a dance (?) where one raises their right leg to knee area then puts it back down then kicks into air then does the same thing to the left leg after lmao i dont sound like i make much sense hmm

isnt that junkrat's emote ?