Items for Competitive Points

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
I'm just curious if there are any plans to add more items to use competitive points on. Is there something already in the works? I would love to see something new in the future (near or far), even if it's only a different type of weapon reskin!
Competitive Point elite skins would be pretty cool.
At some point we would like to add some more rewards to the system. Kind of a weird comment but I'll put it out there: we don't want to over-reward players for playing Comp. We don't want to put so many amazing rewards to the system that it attracts players to Comp who wouldn't normally be playing there.
12/08/2016 08:49 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
At some point we would like to add some more rewards to the system.

Should I take this pseudo confirmation that nothing will be added in the near future and that I should go ahead and buy my Mercy staff?
gold weapon skins
such amazing
much wow
(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)
A real good one would be an ultimate achievement where you unlock something special for a hero.
Kind of a weird comment but I'll put it out there: we don't want to over-reward players for playing Comp. We don't want to put so many amazing rewards to the system that it attracts players to Comp who wouldn't normally be playing there.

I think everybody that plays competitive knows exactly what you mean by this.
attracts players to Comp who wouldn't normally be playing there.
Wise words. I apreciate the thought put into who the audience for every game mode is.

This makes me happy for the future.
At some point we would like to add some more rewards to the system. Kind of a weird comment but I'll put it out there: we don't want to over-reward players for playing Comp. We don't want to put so many amazing rewards to the system that it attracts players to Comp who wouldn't normally be playing there.

What if people were rewarded CP for playing quick play just much much less for example for every 5 wins you get 1 CP I know that would be a small amount but at least that way it wouldn't force people to play comp just to get this stuff
12/08/2016 08:50 AMPosted by Erras
At some point we would like to add some more rewards to the system.

Should I take this pseudo confirmation that nothing will be added in the near future and that I should go ahead and buy my Mercy staff?

You should buy the Mercy staff. New items are not going to happen at all for Season 3. Probably not for Season 4 either. And if you're active, you'll hit that 6000cp cap before we add new stuff.

any chance we will be seeing options to have weapon skins or special emotes?

That's an interesting point. Thank you.

Now there's a philosophy I can believe in. I would then suggest CP for QP and Arcade. Smaller amounts, but another way for players not interested in comp play to get something shiny for their chosen way to play the game.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, and I completely understand what you mean when it comes to over-rewarding and what it could potentially lead to. It's a fair enough move.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and the rest of the Blizz team!
12/08/2016 08:42 AMPosted by Dullmoments
Competitive Point elite skins would be pretty cool.

I like this idea. Skins only available in Competitive. But, I think you'd need exclusive skins for the other game modes as well.
12/08/2016 08:56 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You should buy the Mercy staff. New items are not going to happen at all for Season 3. Probably not for Season 4 either. And if you're active, you'll hit that 6000cp cap before we add new stuff.

Big Jeff giving a personal suggestion to a player. We're lucky to have a game director as involved as him.

Jeff, do you think you might add other weapon skins obtainable through loot boxes and coins? That would be pretty cool, I think.

Any chance you'll be increase the rewards so golden weapons are easier to get? Two seasons now and I still cannot afford my first golden weapon, getting 5-10 points per win when you need 3000 kinda sucks Jeff.
I would love to have some form of "Super Legendary" skins earned from competitive or some "Super Legendary" emotes
I currently play Competitive for the format, and the more intense play thank QP. While I agree with not over rewarding players for competitive, I feel like we're a little under rewarded if that makes sense. It takes a long grind to get enough for even one golden skin and to be honest, I don't even care for it. If I could buy anything else besides a golden skin, I probably would.

I would really like to see in the future two to three other items per character that cost competitive points, but not that many. 500 or 1000 would be nice, and they should be less extravagant to match the price. Maybe a skin, or an emote even? Something that wouldn't really matter to your average casual/troll player.