Ban Smurf Accounts

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
12/26/2017 03:07 AMPosted by Defaulticus
12/26/2017 02:53 AMPosted by Nexus
... Those aren’t banable offenses 1 & 3 will win the game and get more sr than everyone else in the game and climb to their real rank faster. Option 2 is the same thing as one tricking and that’s not banable either

Yes. it is not bannable now. We are arguing here that these cases should be bannable ones. Because if someone breaks the fun of the game, what is the meaning of playing it?. It is a game which people play for getting fun with it.
sure maybe the one trick is having fun on the hero he’s playing. Can’t ban him for having fun
12/09/2017 06:02 AMPosted by SSJ3500
People that but alt accounts to improve with new heroes aren't messing up people's games, they're doing this so they don't mess up people's games. If a masters support main is a platinum DPS player that's where their DPS account will be, and in that case is where it should be. All of my accounts that I've really worked on have made it to mid diamond.

This. I used to be Ana main on my main account but after her nerfs and the rising of the Mercy meta, I have been playing mostly just Mercy. I am so bored of playing her right now but I had no other choice to play just her or get tons of reports for not picking her. So, this is the reason why I have this account. I just want to play other heroes sometimes, even I might not be good with them as I am with my supports.
12/26/2017 03:18 AMPosted by Nexus
12/26/2017 03:07 AMPosted by Defaulticus
Yes. it is not bannable now. We are arguing here that these cases should be bannable ones. Because if someone breaks the fun of the game, what is the meaning of playing it?. It is a game which people play for getting fun with it.
sure maybe the one trick is having fun on the hero he’s playing. Can’t ban him for having fun

Otp is not the topic here. We are talking about smurf account's otp player in the above message. So being otp is not a reason for me to ban people but smurfing is.
12/26/2017 03:47 AMPosted by Defaulticus
12/26/2017 03:18 AMPosted by Nexus
...sure maybe the one trick is having fun on the hero he’s playing. Can’t ban him for having fun

Otp is not the topic here. We are talking about smurf account's otp player in the above message. So being otp is not a reason for me to ban people but smurfing is.
We were talking about smurfs who refused to swap, that’s not banable
Smurfs should just get his screen completely black in the match,so everyone can kill him.
no offense but your wrong
Please ban smurf account... easy to do by IP but can see which ones are somehow linked and which are mains.

Saw two Korean smurfs just now and they basically were just ruining/grieving their opponent team. Camping the 2nd base and they even laughed when called out on their actions. Small appendages should never be an excuse for smurfing...

ugh, little boys!
1. There's no rule against smurfs. You will be sued: no rule when buyed, ban = stealing a money.
2. How to distinguish smurf from 2 family accounts? Like dad and son or two brothers? They can play from one PC.
3. Should be severe punishment for throwing but system isn't smart enough to distinguish bad player from thrower if he isn't too dumb. Report system works but too slow (I have 3 thanks for at least 15 reports).
Smurfs are a huge problem on PS4, and Blizzard makes no money off it because unlike PC you don’t have to buy the game again, you just make a new profile. I’ll be done playing soon if they don’t address this.
sadly blizz cant go like " yeah smurfs are getting banned sorry!!!!!!!!" after they stated that you can own smurfs.

as much as i dislike smurfs they cant change their mind just like that
I know the way! Reg accounts only with proved phone number and SMS-code for sessions. Smurfs play in smurf league. Every season require 60$ pass.
12/09/2016 11:17 PMPosted by Texas
12/09/2016 07:35 PMPosted by Doc
After carrying the one, I have determined that no, they won't be banning smurfs.

Blizzard likes money.

Smurfs buy new accounts.

Therefore, Blizzard likes smurfs.

by your logic banning smurf accounts would be profitable because they would have to buy another account.

People probably wouldn't be willing to pay for an account that they know will be banned.
12/09/2016 07:43 PMPosted by PotusPanda
A, any good smurf is going to be in GMs+ so you should have nothing to worry about. B if there is a "smurf" at 2800rating then he sure isn't a good smurf lol.
bruh when they first make they're account and doing theyre placements they'll be stomping low levels and newbs who just wanna play. secondly, smurfs often throw games to stay at that low elo.
12/29/2016 12:33 PMPosted by RoxkisZero
12/09/2016 10:33 PMPosted by Zaczac111
The way to stop smurfs is to just have the starting level for Comp increased, since people are fine with taking a week to grind to level 25 then boosting their friends up with a smurf that brings the SR average way down.

I think this would be the best course of action to counter smurfs in competitive.
It won't completly solve the problem but its a good step.
12/08/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Foot
If a person creates a smurf account then chances are their MMR is going to get them to where they should be within a few matches. They’re not going to be playing with actual new players for very long, that’s the point of the mmr system. Plus smurfs usually only do quickplay until they hit level 25 so they can go to competitive, which is going to place them with people of a similar skill level. They’re not that big of a deal.
other new players have just hit level 25 "Yay now I can go into competitive!" those first ten placements are a really big deal!. 1st game, smurf on enemy team, gets stomped. 1 loss, 2nd game, smurf on enemy team, gets stomped... great now that player is in silver when they have the skill level of a plat. silver players will have to face a plat and gold and diamond and the entire mmr system goes wack! all because some gm/master players wanted to inflate their ego by beating some new players.
The way to stop smurfs is to just have the starting level for Comp increased, since people are fine with taking a week to grind to level 25 then boosting their friends up with a smurf that brings the SR average way down.

This is a good idea, but it doesn’t handle all of the thousands of smurf accounts already.
12/26/2017 02:34 AMPosted by Defaulticus
let me clear one thing.
There are types of smurfs in this game

- Otp smurf (playing for the win so he/she plays as his/her main in this account too. You can add the boosting accounts in this category too)
- Alternative smurf (Trying different heroes than his/her main)
- Adaptive smurf (Trying different heroes than his/her main but when he/she thinks he/she does not do well, he/she swaps to his/her main)

If you get an otp smurf in your team, it is most likely a team wipe to your enemy team. And there will be no fun at all because of the lack of the competition.

If you get an alternative smurf in your team, your team members will start to blame her/him for throwing as usual. You will most likely lose the match because of not adapting the picks.

If you get an adaptive smurf in your team, game will look like you are losing the match, then everything will turn around and you will most likely win the match.

In any cases, you can revert these 3 possible scenarios with your team and your enemy team. So smurf accounts harm the game mechanics and the fun of it. There is only one possible way to fix this issue which is ban all these accounts permanently.

You may think that if you are an alternative smurf, there is no way to improve yourself in your current account. Yes, there is. You can play qp. If you want to play comp then you should also do it in your main account. It is competitive game. if you dont lose match, it will lack the meaning of itself.

You cannot learn in QP because your mistakes are not punished enough. Playing heroes you are bad at at an inappropriate SR ruins the game for people far more than playing them at a level that is consistent with your skill level on those heroes.

Anyway, as has been stated, they can’t ban them now as they have already sold the product to people stating that it’s fine to have an alt account.
I have two accounts on my ip, one is my daughters and one is mine. How would blizzard determine that we are not a smurf account?

I agree that smurfs do more harm than good, same as leavers, de rankers and throwers but it can’t be determined by ip addresses alone.
12/29/2016 12:33 PMPosted by RoxkisZero

I think this would be the best course of action to counter smurfs in competitive.

Open up comp play once you hit lvl 100. It was around this level that I had found amore than 2 characters I understood how to play with a team and had a enough exp on maps to know how to navigate and place myself correctly. This way it is such a longer climb too unlock comp that it would deter people from making multiple smurf accounts for whatever reason.
You want to know a funny story? My main has almost always been master or high diamond, (Season high 3636).
Now my I made a Smurf so I can play with friends on that account (No I play the same heroes on there that I do with my main, I hate the idea of throwing.) My Smurf's season high is 3600 because I didnt play on it often. I got in this match that had the same SR/MMR that I was on my main. The enemy side was the same rank AND THEY WHINED THAT A SMURF WAS CARRYING OUR TEAM, same rank... They just made an excuse of why they were losing and didn't want to actually try hard to win