Is the Sky Really Falling?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Not trying to troll here, legitimately asking:

Do we have people who have put time into playing DVA and now find themselves completely, utterly outclassed as all the threads on the forum claim is going to happen?

Like are you, as a "former" DVA main going from 25-2 k/d ratio to 8-20 or some such thing?

Are the stats REALLY that drastically different?

Not the math numbers of "she is taking X more damage, dealing X less damage"

The actual results of playing multiple rounds with her under the new patch. Are people who have experience playing DVA (not testing her out for the first time so they can make a thread about it) now struggling to contribute in matches?
Highly Rated
Yup. I'm having a harder time staying in her mech than when she wasn't buffed.
Highly Rated
No need for numbers. She was nerfed stat wise to a state worse than ever before, including her many months spent in F tier.
01/06/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Larzyn

staying in the mech and actually dying are two different things
No need for numbers. She was nerfed to a worse state than ever before, including her many months spent in F tier.

I'm more curious as to how this nerf translates into game stats

Meaning is this an issue of you simply die die die all the time and barely get to kill?

Or is this causing people to have to play more cautiously than the former YOLO boost into the entire team with ana shooting you in the !@# strategy?

If she's legit bad and no amount of strategy adaptation is helping, i understand

If this is just a matter of people not adapting to the new conditions of the game, then i have more questions lol
01/06/2017 12:50 PMPosted by Koringul
No need for numbers. She was nerfed to a worse state than ever before, including her many months spent in F tier.

Meaning is this an issue of you simply die die die all the time and barely get to kill?

Or is this causing people to have to play more cautiously than the former YOLO boost into the entire team with ana shooting you in the !@# strategy?

If she's legit bad and no amount of strategy adaptation is helping, i understand

If this is just a matter of people not adapting to the new conditions of the game, then i have more questions lol

You won't necessarily die all the time but you will spend a lot of time out of mech and not contributing.

If you're really interested here's a post from the competitive reddit about the damage she takes compared to live and PTR:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/5mbshx/dva_damage_taken_live_vs_ptr/?st=ixma1bqk&sh=d4ec7f26

The change is most notable on shotgun weapons

But if your on ptr, you're usually playing against another d.va, Roadhog, and Sombra, all characters against whom armor would help you a lot. might have less effect when people aren't only playing the characters who have been changed.

On paper, she may not seem so terrible.
Playing her on PTR
"OH GOD I'M MELTING FASTER THAN A WICKED WITCH IN WATER."
01/06/2017 12:53 PMPosted by WitnessMe

But if your on ptr, you're usually playing against another d.va, Roadhog, and Sombra, all characters against whom armor would help you a lot. might have less effect when people aren't only playing the characters who have been changed.

People are also getting their fill of Soldier and Reaper to see how they stand now.

On paper, she may not seem so terrible.
Playing her on PTR
"OH GOD I'M MELTING FASTER THAN A WICKED WITCH IN WATER."

This is sort of what i mean.

Doing the theorycrafting of "she takes X more damage from Y heroes now" is one thing

How that actually translates in a match in the hands of a skilled DVA player is another.
she get blown out faster now than when she was 100 hp 400 armor
combo that with the damage nerf you pretty much wont down anyone
She already had a critical hit zone the size of Texas and she now has less armor.

D.Va players across the board will spend more time out of their mechs because of it. The more time spent as Zero Suit D.Va, the less time you spend actually helping your team.

Fairly sure this is a pretty detrimental nerf.
Last night it seemed impossible on Oasis to keep my mech. I didn't die much, I just felt like I wasn't being as useful since I spent a lot of time outside my mech. But I wouldn't say I'm outclassed, playing her D.Va definitely requires more effort though.
01/06/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Koringul

Doing the theorycrafting of "she takes X more damage from Y heroes now" is one thing

How that actually translates in a match in the hands of a skilled DVA player is another.

I literally said in actual play she's being melted faster than a wicked witch in water.
01/06/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Ceratisa
01/06/2017 12:55 PMPosted by Koringul

I literally said in actual play she's being melted faster than a wicked witch in water.

And i literally said 'how does that translate to your end of match stats' as well as 'is this an issue of people not adapting their playstyle to be less aggressive now that the mech is weakened'

'You melt faster' answers neither of these questions

But i appreciate your patience, clearly im a slow learner
I feel like she plays more cautiously than she should :/
01/06/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Koringul
And i literally said 'how does that translate to your end of match stats' as well as 'is this an issue of people not adapting their playstyle to be less aggressive now that the mech is weakened'

'You melt faster' answers neither of these questions

But i appreciate your patience, clearly im a slow learner

If someone is ejected from their meka, their stats are clearly going to be much worse. Flanking or being grouped up doesn't matter. You melt. Pilot D.Va isn't something done on purpose to gain an advantage. And the least obvious stat difference is how much more ult people are feeding the enemy team.
It sucks for people that love D.Va. But as a person who peruses these forums almost daily, the last month has been nothing but complaining about tank meta this and tank meta that. Why is it always Reinhardt, and then two of D.Va, Roadhog and/or Zarya, etc... etc...

They gave people exactly what they asked for. And now everyone complains!

I for one will be happy to see new heroes now and then.

My proposal is 300 armor, 200 HP and move the crit box to the back of her mech. A large, mechanized tank with armor that has a facial crit box the size of roadhog is a contradictory design. I'd like to see them try the crit box on the back even if it ends up sucking.
01/06/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Menthalion
No need for numbers. She was nerfed stat wise to a state worse than ever before, including her many months spent in F tier.

Bastion was in F tier for 8 months.

At least D.Va got OUT.