Is the Sky Really Falling?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
Yes she's as bad as it seems, tried a QP game on the PTR and she can get melted 1v1 against a Recon Bastion or S76. And now Roadhog's scrap gun deals full damage and melts her Mech.
01/06/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Lucky44
01/06/2017 01:44 PMPosted by JaggSauce

D.va does not take "double damage" from "most sources" you liar.

maybe you should learn to turn around so you literally can't get headshotted, and/or use that !@#$ing DM of yours to stay alive...

but tell me more about how D.va melts when you look at her the wrong way.

So the fact that the MEKA dies more than any other 2 heroes combined on average is due to... what exactly? If it isn't the crit box I'd love to hear what it is.

the fact that, that's simply how the game works, you don't see Reinhardt's fighting 6 people alone, and getting away from it alive, lest even get more than 1 kill.

Yo, Weeb, maybe you should consider the fact that EVERY HERO IN THE GAME will get melted down incredibly fast when focused by more than one enemy, not just D.va, or any other tank for that matter, get your head checked.

Oh and, Winston is also practically uncrit-able from behind on top of having a smaller regular hitbox. Why does nobody have any trouble killing him when he turns around?

No, he is not, because his !@#$ing head doesn't sit in his stomach, unlike D.va's... and also, do you realize how bad you sound? Winston literally has the largest crit box in game, and yes, its bigger than D.va's.
SO my guess from all these posts is that people stopped using her defense matrix.
She definitely dies a lot faster.
Working as intended I guess?
Though it may be just the random Hanzo on the enemy team who could actually play.
01/06/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Eihder
SO my guess from all these posts is that people stopped using her defense matrix.
they nerfed DM too, they just didn't bother to mention in it the patch notes
01/06/2017 03:02 PMPosted by JohnnyGuitar
D.VA mains just have to deal. Zarya mains adapted to the damage and double block nerfs, y'all can adapt to this.

Zarya had her laser fixed and ended up dealing way more damage than before. D.Va is now worse in every aspect.
01/06/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Menthalion
No need for numbers. She was nerfed stat wise to a state worse than ever before, including her many months spent in F tier.

That's blatantly untrue.

-Pre buff D.Va had four seconds for her explosion to detonate rather than 3 and it killed her.

-DM had a ten second cool down with no 1 second toggle function.

-Pre buff D.Va also didn't have 25% movement speed while firing guns with infinite ammo.

-Pre Buff D.Va only had 500 hp.

This patch was necessary to balance her out. She has a very low skill cap and doesn't need to be a powerhouse with game breaking abilities.
01/06/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Koringul
Not trying to troll here, legitimately asking:

Do we have people who have put time into playing DVA and now find themselves completely, utterly outclassed as all the threads on the forum claim is going to happen?

Like are you, as a "former" DVA main going from 25-2 k/d ratio to 8-20 or some such thing?

Are the stats REALLY that drastically different?

Not the math numbers of "she is taking X more damage, dealing X less damage"

The actual results of playing multiple rounds with her under the new patch. Are people who have experience playing DVA (not testing her out for the first time so they can make a thread about it) now struggling to contribute in matches?

Well part of the problem is her crit box. People seem to want to ignore this but having a crit box at center mass makes it a very easy target. In fact, I wish Blizz will just put everyone's crit box in center mass for a week and see how fast they die because of that. I see people saying "then turn around so they can't hit it". Ok so what... you expect D.va players to engage fights backwards? Should her cannons pull a 180 and rear view mirrors get installed on her meka? Keeping your back to the enemy is all fine and dandy if you plan on never engaging the enemy team, or using DM to help shield your team, or do anything to help your team, but for those who want to play a tank class like... well a tank we need to face the enemy.

Another problem is it becomes annoying to try and learn to play her because Blizz keeps buffing her from useless to viable and the nerfs her back to useless. There is no middle ground for her. This will be the second time Blizz nerfs her back to useless after buffing her to viable. They don't even try to fix her quick like they did with McCree. They just throw her in the trash bin for a few months and forget that she's there, pulls her out for a little bit and then gets bored and throws her back in the trash.

As for these changes she melts super fast now. It's sad to see that at this point it's just better to get D.va's mech destroyed so you can play as baby D.va because at least with her you will probably contribute more to the team.
Im sorry i just cant help but laugh at all this. I did fine with D. Va when she was vanilla.. yes dm on cooldown and killing yourself with ult if not careful etc. And yes even then she was decent if you used any skill. And how are you people crying about her fighting outside her mech? Her gun has great dps and its pinpoint, i sometimes stay outside of her mech on purpose. And dont forget how she gains ult faster now 15% compared to vanilla etc. you people are just spoiled and cry when easy mode is fixed.
01/06/2017 03:17 PMPosted by HIREJI
01/06/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Menthalion
No need for numbers. She was nerfed stat wise to a state worse than ever before, including her many months spent in F tier.

That's blatantly untrue.

-Pre buff D.Va had four seconds for her explosion to detonate rather than 3 and it killed her.

-DM had a ten second cool down with no 1 second toggle function.

-Pre buff D.Va also didn't have 25% movement speed while firing guns with infinite ammo.

-Pre Buff D.Va only had 500 hp.

This patch was necessary to balance her out. She has a very low skill cap and doesn't need to be a powerhouse with game breaking abilities.

500 HP D.Va had 400 armor and was tankier than she is on the PTR patch.
01/06/2017 02:29 PMPosted by SlayerAdam
Not really. When out of the mech she is the worst character in the game in terms of usefulness to the team. I'm considering doing research into whether it's even worth it to stay out of the mech...
That pistol is actually really good.
Just for the record I have a 1.65 eliminations per life stat on Mercy in competitive.

Mercy can also heal and has a mobility option. Gremlin D.Va has neither of these, so her utility drops to being next to worthless.
01/06/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Eihder
Im sorry i just cant help but laugh at all this. I did fine with D. Va when she was vanilla.. yes dm on cooldown and killing yourself with ult if not careful etc. And yes even then she was decent if you used any skill. And how are you people crying about her fighting outside her mech? Her gun has great dps and its pinpoint, i sometimes stay outside of her mech on purpose. And dont forget how she gains ult faster now 15% compared to vanilla etc. you people are just spoiled and cry when easy mode is fixed.

I played a lot of vanilla D.va as well. You should not be encouraged to play as baby D.va. D.va is a tank and you can not tank at all as D.va outside her meka. That's like saying you enjoy playing Reinhardt without using his shield. Also, did you forget the global ult charge nerf? It hit everyone for 25%. She now takes longer to gain her ult. She still gains it fast outside of her meka but that's because outside of her meka all she has is a pistol. That's it and a tank that can't tank is useless.
01/06/2017 03:35 PMPosted by manbearpig
01/06/2017 03:25 PMPosted by Eihder

I played a lot of vanilla D.va as well. You should not be encouraged to play as baby D.va. D.va is a tank and you can not tank at all as D.va outside her meka. That's like saying you enjoy playing Reinhardt without using his shield. Also, did you forget the global ult charge nerf? It hit everyone for 25%. She now takes longer to gain her ult. She still gains it fast outside of her meka but that's because outside of her meka all she has is a pistol. That's it and a tank that can't tank is useless.

An increase in time spent as baby DVA would be the most dramatic effect on the point of picking her as a hero, to me
Nah, sky isn't falling, it just shakes up the current meta a bit.

Which might as well be the sky falling to comp players.
For the sake of simplicity, I'm going to discuss just the armor changes. Everything else being equal, it's extremely noticeable. She will lose the mech much faster if you play her similarly to the live server. So fast, in fact, that it fundamentally changes how she must be played. Currently I'm having trouble resolving how that new play style would work because her mech's weapons are only effective at close range and a lot of her traditional targets can now easily best her 1v1. I've played her since launch, and while it was challenging to use her effectively, it was possible. This nerf, though, dramatically alters how she plays in a way no other change ever did before. Is it possible to still be effective? Maybe. It's too early to say. But the PTR version of D.Va is definitely not a tank anymore except on paper.
The sky is always falling on these forums.
01/06/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Larzyn
01/06/2017 03:02 PMPosted by JohnnyGuitar
D.VA mains just have to deal. Zarya mains adapted to the damage and double block nerfs, y'all can adapt to this.

Zarya had her laser fixed and ended up dealing way more damage than before. D.Va is now worse in every aspect.

She still took a nerf. The fact that a tweak led to higher damage doesn't change that.
01/06/2017 05:22 PMPosted by JohnnyGuitar
01/06/2017 03:17 PMPosted by Larzyn

She still took a nerf. The fact that a tweak led to higher damage doesn't change that.
She's never been as bad as D.Va in terms of viability so consistently. Not remotely.
To answer the original title's question:

No the sky is not falling.

0.26% of Overwatch players have tested these changes on the PTR.

The average playtime on the PTR (including sitting in menus etc.) this week is 26 minutes.

I encourage people to log in and try these changes for a few nights -- not one anecdotal match -- and see how you feel about them by formulating your own opinion.
To put it another way, 99.74% of the community hasn't actually played with any of these changes.