Is the Sky Really Falling?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Highly Rated
01/06/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
To put it another way, 99.74% of the community hasn't actually played with any of these changes.

Oh snap
01/06/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
To answer the original title's question:

No the sky is not falling.

0.26% of Overwatch players have tested these changes on the PTR.

The average playtime on the PTR (including sitting in menus etc.) this week is 26 minutes.

I encourage people to log in and try these changes for a few nights -- not one anecdotal match -- and see how you feel about them by formulating your own opinion.

And here I was thinking that the reason queue times get longer is because the PTR is up. Thanks for the statistics though!
Highly Rated
I love when statistics actually highlight how people don't actually try stuff.

The average playtime on the PTR (including sitting in menus etc.) this week is 26 minutes.

I encourage people to log in and try these changes for a few nights -- not one anecdotal match -- and see how you feel about them by formulating your own opinion.
If people do and continue to find these changes bad. Will anything be changed though? Cause that's been part of the discussion.

Edit: I've played the PTR and I will continue to do so, so more data can be collected.

It often feels like every time you buff a character, it turns into a meta pick and every time you nerf a character, it goes into the dumpster... probably should have experimented with nerfing ana first before nerfing the tanks, ana was the main issue.
To put it another way, 99.74% of the community hasn't actually played with any of these changes.

What is the average PTR numbers?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5mbr8c/dva_damage_taken_live_vs_ptr/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Overwatch

That seems relatively indepth to me. I appreciate breaking the radio silence though. It wont do much to calm anyone down. The nerfs do seem extremely harsh.
01/06/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Ceratisa

If people do and continue to find these changes bad. Will anything be changed though? Cause that's been part of the discussion.

Edit: I've played the PTR and I will continue to do so, so more data can be collected.

Of course.

I mean. I'd love to... But I still can't actually connect to the PTR. So there's that :/.

Oh snap. Guess the panic really is just mains complaining before they even find out how it is game.
please revert the zarya nerf to make her viable :D

Would love to, except my games crashed so many times I have a EXP penalty now.

I've done a lot of playing around with a friend with what can and cant be done with the hook changes, and I can confidantely say the game is now ruled by Soldier 76.
01/06/2017 05:54 PMPosted by EMc73

Oh snap. Guess the panic really is just mains complaining before they even find out how it is game.
I mean, you can say that but people have been testing it on PTR and reporting how it feels and you dump on those posts too.
01/06/2017 05:49 PMPosted by PlayerTuck
I love when statistics actually highlight how people don't actually try stuff.

I'm curious as to the percentage of Overwatch players that use the forums.

Then further statistics of Overwatch players that use the forums AND go onto PTR.

Since, if people aren't on the forums or other OW related internet sites (Like Reddit) there's no reason for them to actually go onto PTR unless they're impatient to try a new exciting thing (Like Sombrero) because they're not going to give any feedback.
01/06/2017 05:53 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Of course.

What's the threshold for that?

Because plenty of people were pissed about nerfs pre-dating PTR, and we basically got told to sit down, grin and bear it.
01/06/2017 05:53 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
01/06/2017 05:49 PMPosted by Ceratisa
...If people do and continue to find these changes bad. Will anything be changed though? Cause that's been part of the discussion.

Of course.
Exciting

Considering my PTR level is 60 levels lower than my live level, and I can't set foot in comp without significant grinding first, and all my skins/voice lines/emotes are unavailable, and on top of that I transfer absolutely no progress over to live...

I have zero incentive to sink any time into what SHOULD be experimental changes.

But we know they are going to go live untouched regardless of any feedback we give. If our feedback mattered, Mercy would have an "E" by now.

But I'm a second class console player so o can't

Anyways had a 72 elim to 2 death game last night on DVA riding it till the patch
01/06/2017 05:58 PMPosted by KugansMisare

But I'm a second class console player so o can't

Anyways had a 72 elim to 2 death game last night on DVA riding it till the patch

You could literally deal 1 pellet worth of damage to 72 people (totalling 72 damage) and just always hide in the back to achieve those stats.

Except the PTR is for PC only which discounts console players and renders an entire chunk of the community unable to give feedback - but Blizz doesnt really seem to care about console players.