Is the Sky Really Falling?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
01/06/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
To put it another way, 99.74% of the community hasn't actually played with any of these changes.
Does this mean you guys dont listen to those who haven't tested the PTR then? This is what I assume from what you are saying.
01/06/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Koringul
Not trying to troll here, legitimately asking:

Do we have people who have put time into playing DVA and now find themselves completely, utterly outclassed as all the threads on the forum claim is going to happen?

Like are you, as a "former" DVA main going from 25-2 k/d ratio to 8-20 or some such thing?

Are the stats REALLY that drastically different?

Not the math numbers of "she is taking X more damage, dealing X less damage"

The actual results of playing multiple rounds with her under the new patch. Are people who have experience playing DVA (not testing her out for the first time so they can make a thread about it) now struggling to contribute in matches?
I'm not sure as I haven't played the nerfed DVA yet but since my KD is 3.7~ as DVA and I usually end up with 40+ elims it'll be fun to see
01/06/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Seoulstar
01/06/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
To answer the original title's question:

No the sky is not falling.

0.26% of Overwatch players have tested these changes on the PTR.

The average playtime on the PTR (including sitting in menus etc.) this week is 26 minutes.

I encourage people to log in and try these changes for a few nights -- not one anecdotal match -- and see how you feel about them by formulating your own opinion.

I've done more than one match and its the same. D.va is melted easily. Roadhog can reduce her hp from 600 to 66 in one combo or even destroy her mech. Her defense matrix does not last long enough to make her survive. She no longer feels like a tank.

I made 2 threads about that issue with Hog, since hook bypasses matrix, the entire match up feels entirely one sided.
01/06/2017 05:58 PMPosted by KugansMisare
To put it another way, 99.74% of the community hasn't actually played with any of these changes.

But I'm a second class console player so o can't

Anyways had a 72 elim to 2 death game last night on DVA riding it till the patch

haha bull!@#$ bro
01/06/2017 05:51 PMPosted by GaleWeathers

The average playtime on the PTR (including sitting in menus etc.) this week is 26 minutes.

I encourage people to log in and try these changes for a few nights -- not one anecdotal match -- and see how you feel about them by formulating your own opinion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5mbr8c/dva_damage_taken_live_vs_ptr/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Overwatch

That seems relatively indepth to me. I appreciate breaking the radio silence though. It wont do much to calm anyone down. The nerfs do seem extremely harsh.

Not exactly
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752550016
Highly respected OW streamers all disagree. I have yet to see any such over exaggerated drama all but here and unjustified.
01/06/2017 06:00 PMPosted by GaleWeathers

Except the PTR is for PC only which discounts console players and renders an entire chunk of the community unable to give feedback - but Blizz doesnt really seem to care about console players.

Bro, Blizzard would LOVE to let you play on a console-PTR (as they have said before) the reason you can't though, is because of the manufacturer of the god damn pleb machine you play the game on (Yes, that is Sony and Microsoft, in case you wonder)
I'm for the changes, but ill install the PTR and play on it.

For you jeff.

01/06/2017 05:47 PMPosted by Rosenrot234

Oh snap

Apply cold water to the burned area.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zehSKo5CJWY/hqdefault.jpg
01/06/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Banshee
Does this mean you guys dont listen to those who haven't tested the PTR then? This is what I assume from what you are saying.

Of course not. We're huge believers in constructive feedback.

Constructive feedback is stuff like:

"I played D.Va for a few hours on the PTR and have some concerns about her survivability."

"I tried Roadhog on the PTR and had trouble landing hooks because of small objects blocking LOS."

or

"I haven't tried the changes but reading about them makes me wonder if D.Va is going to be able to tank effectively with the change to her health pool"

"I haven't tried the changes myself but as a Sombra main I am worried that the buff to her hack might not be noticeable"

But comments like:

"Why don't you just remove D.Va from the game because she is trash now"

or

"Roadhog will never be picked again"

aren't really valuable to us in any way and cause more naive members of the community to get worked up and caught up in a negative group think.

Make sense?

If this your attitude, what the hell is the point of the PTR? Negative group think, seriously? The people who say she is trash may not be valuable for telling you the "why," of a change being bad but it should at least be valuable for gauging the general sentiment of how it feels to play the character now. Most of the stuff people have had such strong reactions towards in the PTR have ended up extremely true in live. If you want feedback, you should value all of it, so long as the person isn't being disrespectful to you guys in specific.

If the xp we gained on the PTR accumulated with our normal xp I would play PTR a lot more. Currently it's a waste of time though, you gain nothing from playing on the PTR.
Just put in about 45 mins - 1 hour and D.Va's Meka seems too weak, imo. As a few said, part of what made her strong was that Ana's healing grenade was too powerful. Something that might be worth testing is 300hp/300 armor.

Roadhog's "nerf" seems over embellished by fans. Some tweaks are needed, sure, but he isn't trash.

Thanks for the answer Jeff. It's very much appreciated.
01/06/2017 06:18 PMPosted by AKs0n
01/06/2017 05:51 PMPosted by GaleWeathers

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5mbr8c/dva_damage_taken_live_vs_ptr/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Overwatch

That seems relatively indepth to me. I appreciate breaking the radio silence though. It wont do much to calm anyone down. The nerfs do seem extremely harsh.

Not exactly
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752550016
Highly respected OW streamers all disagree. I have yet to see any such over exaggerated drama all but here and unjustified.

He literally took Dva to the practice range...

You think that in any way is a representation of what a comp game will be?
01/06/2017 06:24 PMPosted by BrokenOrange
Just put in about 45 mins - 1 hour and D.Va's Meka feels too weak, imo. As a few said, part of what made her strong was that Ana's healing grenade was too powerful. Something that might be worth testing is 300hp/300 armor.

This is a great example of constructive feedback. Thank you.
01/06/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
But comments like:

or

aren't really valuable to us in any way and cause more naive members of the community to get worked up and caught up in a negative group think.

Make sense?

What about requests to actually test new things on PTR?

21:9 and Widow threads are the longest running requests for new tests on PTR, yet we repeatedly don't get communication and feel left out on those things.

I'll admit, we're pretty jaded now, and say harsh stuff in spite like "Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing", but after waiting for countless threads and using the exact same form of constructive feedback comments just like you've given, we still don't really get responses.
01/06/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
...Does this mean you guys dont listen to those who haven't tested the PTR then? This is what I assume from what you are saying.

Of course not. We're huge believers in constructive feedback.

Constructive feedback is stuff like:

"I played D.Va for a few hours on the PTR and have some concerns about her survivability."

"I tried Roadhog on the PTR and had trouble landing hooks because of small objects blocking LOS."

or

"I haven't tried the changes but reading about them makes me wonder if D.Va is going to be able to tank effectively with the change to her health pool"

"I haven't tried the changes myself but as a Sombra main I am worried that the buff to her hack might not be noticeable"

But comments like:

or

Make sense?

I am a Dva main and I am extremely worried about her viability as a tank after reading the PTR notes.
Oh snap Jeff calling out the bull!@#$ on everyone here

I might get downvoted for this but I don't think there would be much value in listening to people who haven't tested the changes. Yes, you can guess what effect they will have but until you've actually played it you don't get the full picture.

Remember when most of the community (myself included) thought that Sombra was going to be game-breakingly OP when she was first introduced? Sometimes our impressions can be wrong.

There's simply not enough people on the PTR to play a game. All I could get was a skirmish, and that got old really quick with 8 or so roadhogs.