D.va's ult

General Discussion
So you know how every ult apart from utility/defensive ults have risks that balance them, and don't make them too overpowered? For example:

-Mcree becomes almost immobile and can be easily killed/stunned

-Soldier can also be easily killed if you stun him/attack when he can't see you

-Reaper becomes a rag doll, can't wraith, and can be easily stunned

-Genji can't use range and is vulnerable while sheathing

-Mei/Zarya can have their ults deflected or DMd

-Bastion can still be easily killed/stunned

-Roadhog can't heal, has huge recoil, and is by far the easiest to sleep

-Phara becomes immobile and is most vulnerable while ulting

-Tracer sucks at throwing, has a small radius, can be killed by her own bomb, and doesn't 1 hit tanks

-Hanzo/Rein only attack in one direction and can be killed like normal

-Junkrat becomes immobile, can have his tire destroyed, and it can kill him too

-Torbjorn can still be killed easily

Meanwhile D.va throws a nuke that instakills anyone who isn't hiding or behind a Reinhardt shield, gives her a second life, and is the only ult apart from mcree that can't be negated by a defensive ult. If you use it behind the enemy team you most likely made the Reinhardt turn around, so you just hammer down, EMP, or freeze and get a free 2-6 kills which can guarantee you winning a team fight

That isn't the problem with the ability. It is an offensive ult, but has almost no risk at all when using it. You can kill baby D.va, but good luck killing the smallest hitbox character in four seconds before getting blown up by the instakill nuke. Even if they solo ult the whole enemy team, most D.vas won't get killed where as doing that with any other character is a guaranteed death.

Before, D.vas ult killed her too but they changed it. She is already one of the lowest risk high reward characters in the game as she can fly away every 5 seconds, has no reload, can do a reaper's damage up close, has 600 health, and can delete any projectile with the click of a button, and has a second life.

I think that her ult should still be able to kill her. And before D.va mains start downvoting, I don't think she or her ult is overpowered. I just think that her ult is unfair compared to others as it has almost no risk to her. After all, it doesn't make sense that a little Korean girl can survive a nuclear blast.
D.va is a 150 hp baby during it lol

She has a ton of OP aspects...her ult is one of the only bad things about her wtf
A toothpick can make her ult worthless, yet you say it's OP......
the way to counter it is to move behind cover. think of it as a mcree ult that can be killed and has 4 second lock time for everybody
12/29/2016 06:45 PMPosted by BT160919
If you read until the end I said its not op I just think its unfair that tracers little bomb can blow her up but D.vas nuke doesn't affect her at all
Tldr of your most invalid reason. "They can be killed l0l". So why not D.va?
*giant !@# explosion happening*
*holds up cereal box to face*
*takes no damage despite only face being protected*
ok
12/29/2016 06:43 PMPosted by Trigglypuff
D.va is a 150 hp baby during it lol

She has a ton of OP aspects...her ult is one of the only bad things about her wtf
Except baby D.va has a super small hitbox and you have about 4 seconds before an instakill. If you don't kill her, she gets her 600 health mech back.
12/29/2016 07:01 PMPosted by Apll
12/29/2016 06:45 PMPosted by BT160919
If you read until the end I said its not op I just think its unfair that tracers little bomb can blow her up but D.vas nuke doesn't affect her at all
Just like Pharah's Ult kills herself as well as Junkrat's. Both of them are sitting ducks during Ult as well.
Yet even standing behind the thiniest lamppost will save you from the entire ult.

And they removed the self damage of the ult because with the 3 second timer she would die even more to it than before when it had the 4 second timer.

Just like Pharah's Ult kills herself as well as Junkrat's. Both of them are sitting ducks during Ult as well.

Which would only happen if they are stupid enough to ult within ~1m range of a wall in the case of Pharah and if Junkrat activates the ult when its ~3m or closer to him. D.Va's ult radius is WAY bigger than the ults of those two, if she doesnt get out of that 20m radius, she'll die. With the 3 second timer, this is very hard to escape from, which is why D.Va doesn't die from her own ults anymore.
My problem with D.VA's ult is that, while Junkrat, Tracer and Pharah's Ult can kill themselves, D.VA's ult doesn't kill her.And i've seen people says that her ult is easy to avoid you just need to hide:if its so easy, why can't the D.va that threw the ult do it herself?
What is the drawback of Zaryas ultimate or Reinhardt or Widowmakers or meis etc. your post does not match reality.
You can literally just step behind a small ledge and survive her ultimate. I get killed by it very rarely, not to mention some tanks can outright survive it under the right conditions. I think you trying to explain this "It doesn't have a drawback" rationale is just a disguise for wanting to rant about Dva being annoying.
I just use Mei's wall and block the whole team from it.

My one annoyance is that it's not always clear what blocks the ultimate. For instance, hanamura 2nd point room. I stood behind one of the pillars on the floor, and it blocked it. Then I did it again, same game, and it hit me. Similar occurrences have happened on other maps, though it's been long enough that I can't recall the specific obstacle that didn't block it.
Are you kidding? If you get hit by dva's ultimate, you deserved it. Literally the easiest ultimate in the game to avoid, I get excited if I kill TWO people with it, I'm more likely to use it to get a free mech because I'm about to lose mine
I use it like I used Mcree's ultimate, spread a team apart and try to pick a few off, if I killed 1 or more that was a bonus.

The other way to use it is a powerful flanking tool, push into the team, spread them and distract them, blow it, get a new mech, pull back. It's not safe (have to pop it after you know they've blown a few ulties) but it can give your team valuable recovery or counter ulti building time.
The reason Tracer's bomb can kill her is because she's not supposed to be anywhere near it's explosive radius, D.Va pre-ult buff almost never had enough time to escape her ults MASSIVE radius
12/29/2016 07:22 PMPosted by Alyiza

Which would only happen if they are stupid enough to ult within ~1m range of a wall in the case of Pharah and if Junkrat activates the ult when its ~3m or closer to him. D.Va's ult radius is WAY bigger than the ults of those two, if she doesnt get out of that 20m radius, she'll die. With the 3 second timer, this is very hard to escape from, which is why D.Va doesn't die from her own ults anymore.
You could say the same exact excuse vs Dva instead of over pampering a 600 HP 1v1, 1x1, Matrix machine... I mean seriously.

"Which would only happen if they are stupid enough to ult within range of themselves like waiting for Mech to die then popping Ult on top of themselves."

Ever try launching it?
I just wish her ult didn't have all the utility it has, mcree ult is only offensive, same with bastion, genji, etc... Zenyatta is defensive, symmetra draws the line of one or the other depending on how it is used...
But dva... Let me just use it as you knock me out of my mech when I run in alone, lol ult 3 man kill, and reset, no risk. Let me just send a mobile nuke your way. I just wish they never gave her ult immunity, it forced her to use it offensively or pray you can find cover if they force you to defensively use it.
I could complain about her hp, her 2nd life, her matrix that removes entire ulta from the game, but no, her ult is too well rounded imo
12/29/2016 07:59 PMPosted by RiotRhythm
Are you kidding? If you get hit by dva's ultimate, you deserved it. Literally the easiest ultimate in the game to avoid, I get excited if I kill TWO people with it, I'm more likely to use it to get a free mech because I'm about to lose mine
did you even read what I posted? I'm not talking about getting hit by it. I'm talking about how every other explosive ult kills the user but dva's has no negative impact.