Where did Mei's waist go?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
01/24/2017 05:15 PMPosted by Protar
The main problem is that her waistline just looks anatomically weird now. If they want Mei to be a little slimmer then that's their right even if I personally am a little disappointed by that. But the sudden angle her butt sticks out now just doesn't look right, to the point it could almost be taken as a character model bug.

I have a question.

Why does it actually matter what a video game character's body looks like or whether it makes sense in reality?

Because I gotta say, the body proportions in that supposed artwork of Mei's actual body, well, frankly, that is not the shape of a human being, regardless of whether they are fat or thin.
01/24/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Powercage

I agree that she is obviously fat, because while parkas are thick and loose, they're not THAT thick and loose, and hers actually seems to fit her rather snugly.
yea, and that's a men's size XXL

Hey, Mei and I have the same size! : D
So far, Blizzard has taken kind of a Schrodinger's approach with Mei's body type, hesitating to confirm one interpretation over another when it comes to her weight. I guess this is where the Schrodinger wave function finally collapses... along with Mei's innards. Ba-dum-tssssh.
Thick Mei best Mei.
Mei looks weird. Her legs are thick but her upper body is skinny.
...yea, and that's a men's size XXL

Hey, Mei and I have the same size! : D
me too >:(
01/24/2017 02:12 PMPosted by Malevolent
Mei isn't overweight at all, but having her waist line look like that of an hour glass is not exactly healthy.

"Hourglass waists are not healthy"

Are you a virgin? Have you EVER seen what an actually attractive, sexually appealing woman looks like? They ALWAYS have waists that curve inward.
01/24/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Pouncey
Why does it actually matter what a video game character's body looks like or whether it makes sense in reality?

Because I gotta say, the body proportions in that supposed artwork of Mei's actual body, well, frankly, that is not the shape of a human being, regardless of whether they are fat or thin.

It's about representation. The male characters in this game have an incredibly diverse mixture of heights and weights, making each one unique and interesting.

The female characters? They're either barbie dolls or Zarya. Mei seemed like a good in-between, except that now Blizzard seems set on putting her on the curvy side of the skinny spectrum.
There's a bug with Mei's Luna and Chang'e skins right now that's causing her waist to appear much smaller than normal. We've already fixed the bug internally, but it's going to require a patch to implement (ideally it'll be included in whatever next patch hits your gaming platform).

Thanks for the quick reports, btw. And happy Lunar New Year!
lol
01/24/2017 06:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
There's a bug with Mei's Luna and Chang'e skins right now that's causing her waist to appear much smaller than normal. We've already fixed the bug internally, but it's going to require a patch to implement (ideally it'll be included in whatever next patch hits your gaming platform).

Lol this is great
There's a bug with Mei's Luna and Chang'e skins right now that's causing her waist to appear much smaller than normal.

That's the first time I heard that kind of bug.
Mei has an anti Thiccness bug

I thought this was a joke till the very end. I still can't believe this is not a joke...

A "bug" is making her waist smaller???? Hahahahahahhahahah what a joke.

omg you cant be real