Who would you rather have, Reinhardt or D.Va?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Highly Rated
I hear lots of arguments about whether D.Va is balanced, but when I ask on the forums about Rein, everyone says he's balanced. Logically, if Reinhardt is balanced, then every tank should be at his level.

So, if you could only have one on your team, would you prefer having a Reinhardt or a D.Va on your team?

It seems to me like Reinhardt is ubiquitous, an absolute top-tier must pick. If he's balanced, and he gets more play than any other tank, that means other tanks are underpowered. Certainly that's true for Winston.
01/12/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Andy

It seems to me like Reinhardt is ubiquitous, an absolute top-tier must pick. If he's balanced, and he gets more play than any other tank, that means other tanks are underpowered. Certainly that's true for Winston.

No that means Blizzard needs to expand their tank roster to include more "dedicated" tanks. Winston is not a true tank. Pick rate does not mean a hero is over powered, it means they are the most viable pick for the role that needs to be fulfilled.

To add, if you nerf Reinhardt, you will easily be indirectly nerfing other heroes, especially the supports.
Highly Rated
Which map.

but 9 out of 10 times if i cant have both then its rein.
I would personally rather play DVa, but on my team I would Rather have Rein's Shield. Unless the DVa was an awesome ULT Swallowing Machine like me :P
Honestly, Reinhardt's strength is far more.... team comp specific than D.Va's. If you were to ask me if, during season 1 KOTH, I would like one of my two Winstons to go D.Va or Reinhardt I would say D.Va.

Reinhardt needs the enemy team to not be full of people who don't care about shields (Tracer, Winston, Genji, Sombra) and he requires his own team to not be full of people who cannot use his shield very much (Pharah, Tracer, Widowmaker).

It just so happens that either S76 or McCree is always played now. If tomorrow the meta shifted to 2/2/2, with the 2 DPS being Genji and Pharah then I would pick a D.Va.
rein on team but i dont want to play him
I hear lots of arguments about whether D.Va is balanced, but when I ask on the forums about Rein, everyone says he's balanced. Logically, if Reinhardt is balanced, then every tank should be at his level.

So, if you could only have one on your team, would you prefer having a Reinhardt or a D.Va on your team?

I'd definitely want a reinhardt over a d.va but i've been part of the minority saying that reinhardt is secretly op for months now.
If you're playing with a team that knows how to utilize Reinhard'ts shield, then he's the man. But if you're playing with yahoos that stand in front of his shield and shoot, then sadly D.Va is the better pick.
Reinhardt has too much control over the rhythm of the game, D.Va... not so much. It's a similar reason why Lúcio is a must pick, a lot of people mention it's because he's the only AoE healer, but his heals are negligible most of the time, unlike speed boost.
Depends on map and team comp. Reinhardt is definitely a safe pick, but if your teams plans to dive, then D.Va. Also if you don't have a team that's gonna take advantage of your shield and your DPSers all pick high mobility flankers, then D.Va. Maps that put you defending choke points and payload maps, I'd rather a Rein.. but that still kinda depends on team comp, but I'm still leaning Rein. Control maps, it's 50/50.
They both have their function, yes reinhart is almost a 100% pick in most of the game but without a Dva, you don't have anything to get high ground or hump the soldier.

Rein is completly balanced, he needs to be in melee range to hit anything and it's easy to out run him.

Dva is the tank with the most mobility, she can nulify so many ult with defense matrix.
They're both tanks, but they're almost too different to compare effectively. One is a frontline main tank whose biggest purpose is to sit and tank. The other is a roaming off-tank whose job is to harass and create room for the main tank to push in.

Given a choice, the main tank will generally see more use than the off-tank because there are other heroes who can harass but no other hero in this game can even come close to doing what Reinhardt does.

If you want to compare, it's probably more appropriate to compare D.Va to the other tanks. Reinhardt sits alone on his main tank throne.
both lol
As someone who plays as both? Honestly, I usually go with Rein unless someone already picked him.

I can count a few maps where I'd rather have D.Va. Numbani 1st point, Lijang tower Market, maybe Anubis Attack, but Reinhardt just works in a lot of places, namely because a lot of maps just have the right size choke for his big shield.
Rein. He has a better shield, better ult, he's actually a threat when you play him within his range. Let D.va chase after Junkrat tires.
It seems like people agree: Reinhardt is the absolute necessity and the overpowered character, not D.Va.

Reinhardt is balanced in team vs team setting, not in a tank vs tank setting. He is balanced because he has counters and both teams can use him or not. Nor to mention he's the most team dependant hero in the game and can't even kill shields by himself.

I hate Dva, so the answer is simple. Rein enables half the roster, Dva shuts down half the roster, I'm just baffled that people still have questions like this and not see the consequences.

I hate to see 2 Dvas per game since august and I hate to see 2 Dvas per pro game since mid november, I won't miss her tho I hope she'll remain a situational pick, since she's definetly not a solution for Rein's pickrate.

Pickrate is not balance. Balance is about fairness between teams (since you know, pixel heroes don't have feelings) and fairness between certain heroes and their enemies. No other tank can do what Rein does and no amount of nerfs will make Rein less needed in the current game.

The only possible solution is new maps and heroes or very creative dive comp plays.
01/12/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Tiamat

Pickrate is not balance. Balance is about fairness between teams (since you know, pixel heroes don't have feelings) and fairness between certain heroes and their enemies. No other tank can do what Rein does and no amount of nerfs will make Rein less needed in the current game.

The only possible solution is new maps and heroes or very creative dive comp plays.

Ever tried playing a team where you don't have a Reinhardt and the enemy team has one? I have. D.Va is my main, and when my team has a D.Va and the other team has a Reinhart, we get crushed.

You can talk all you want about new heroes, new maps, and so on, but Reinhardt provides too much synergistic value to any team with his 2,000 health shield in any team vs team fight.

By the same token, Tracer would be completely broken in Capture the Flag. If we had modes like that, other characters would be viable, and Reinhardt would not be, but even on the current maps, he'd still dominate.
01/12/2017 01:21 PMPosted by Andy
01/12/2017 01:06 PMPosted by Tiamat

Ever tried playing a team where you don't have a Reinhardt and the enemy team has one? I have. D.Va is my main, and when my team has a D.Va and the other team has a Reinhart, we get crushed.

You can talk all you want about new heroes, new maps, and so on, but Reinhardt provides too much synergistic value to any team with his 2,000 health shield in any team vs team fight.

By the same token, Tracer would be completely broken in Capture the Flag. If we had modes like that, other characters would be viable, and Reinhardt would not be, but even on the current maps, he'd still dominate.

What do you want exactly? Let's not beat around the bush and speak in half-truths.
You clearly don't feel it is a hero roster, map, or design issue (no no no, it can't be the limitations that were delivered since launch), so what is it? What do you want?
01/12/2017 01:32 PMPosted by RichC

What do you want exactly? Let's not beat around the bush and speak in half-truths.
You clearly don't feel it is a hero roster, map, or design issue (no no no, it can't be the limitations that were delivered since launch), so what is it? What do you want?

If Reinhardt is properly balanced, I want other tanks brought up to his level. If he's not, I want him brought down to the level of other tanks.

Clearly Reinhardt is the best tank out there (as some would say, the only real tank). So is he too powerful, or others too weak?

Ultimately, I want all tanks to be balanced.