Comic: Pharah's date.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
12/20/2016 08:18 PMPosted by Donnerbalken
12/20/2016 12:29 PMPosted by Psychosaki
The missing link next to her and Ana in the Sombra short. Most likely her father.

Michael Chu once mentioned that we already know, who Pharah's father would be. My money's on Jack Morrison/S:76

No, PHARAH knows who her dad is. We don't, but he said it wasn't a surprise in the Overwatch world or anything. Her dad is someone outside of Overwatch, plus it's assumed he is Native American/Inuit due to Pharah's Native skins, suggesting she is half Egyptian, half Native American. But back to the point, Soldier is not Pharah's father.
08/15/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Michael Chu
Great question! Someone also asked this during our Ana panel at Comic-Con, and I tried to address it (though, apologies in advance, I didn't give the definitive answer).

In-universe, the identity of Pharah's father is not considered to be a secret (Pharah knows who her father is). However, we haven't revealed it in the game or any of the related comics or animated shorts (or anywhere else outside of game).

When a story or opportunity where it feels appropriate or natural for it to be addressed, you'll get the answer. Until then, feel free to speculate away!

To clarify, we don't know for sure Pharah's dad is NOT one of the OW members, judging by Michael's quote above.

But we can rule out some of them, like Torb and Rein, since she calls them by name, and their interactions don't seem intimate enough (for a little girl who "lost" her mother, with grew to adulthood with her father as the only parent, you'd expect some special interactions).

Doesn't rule out 76 specifically, but it's probably not him either, judging by their interaction.
12/20/2016 07:43 PMPosted by Govictory
Dad/ relative is probably who pharah is seen with

I like how we get downvoted for this. I don't get this forum.
I love how everybody here tries to convince themselves and others with "it has to be her dad, that guy is way too old, bla bla"

1. she is 32 years old in the story at this time, that guy could be around 40+ and it would be totally normal for him to have a bit of grey hair, especially if he is serving military. (maybe due to stress and pressure he seems to have aged faster? not uncommon imo)

2. if it is her father it would much more feel weird for her wife (ana) not be there with her daughter, why would ana spend christmas with s76 instead of her daughter + husband? sure s76 is a good old friend, but I highly doubt she would leave those 2 behind for him, more likely she would invite s76.

3. dating a guy that might be 10+ years older is pretty normal once you reach a certain age. I mean come on, she isn't a golddigger or something just because she took interest in a guy being 40+ (although he could be 35+ too, not uncommon as already said)
12/20/2016 08:16 PMPosted by DioBrando
12/20/2016 07:45 PMPosted by Glaba24
From what I could tell, that man was Dr. Strange.

DORMAMMU I'VE COME TO BARGAIN.

DORMAMMU I'VE COME TO BARGAIN.
Pharah isn't on a date during her brief appearance in Reflections.

She's also not a Bruins fan.
Highly Rated
12/21/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Michael Chu

downvoted

There we have it.

Is she perchance a Sedin fan then?

Pharah must of bonded with her dad much more than Ana because she went missing

:(

Then I'm going to believe she's a Sharks fan. Please refrain from saying otherwise Michael.
Go Blackhawks

This could still mean shes at dinner with a friend/coworker. Or it could actually be her father.

Pfft. Probably a Jets fan. Patrick Laine jersey in her closet.
12/20/2016 08:18 PMPosted by Donnerbalken
12/20/2016 12:29 PMPosted by Psychosaki
The missing link next to her and Ana in the Sombra short. Most likely her father.

Michael Chu once mentioned that we already know, who Pharah's father would be. My money's on Jack Morrison/S:76

I think 76 is unlikely when you combine the he's known in-universe hint with voice lines - the way Pharah tells 76 he never knew her mom if she thinks she's be proud of her being on overwatch is not what she would say if he knew Pharah and Ana like *that*
12/21/2016 04:09 PMPosted by SojuFett

Then I'm going to believe she's a Sharks fan. Please refrain from saying otherwise Michael.

My thought is Vancouver Canucks fan. Referencing the Bruins specifically leads me to think that.
You know, cuz Canucks lost to them in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final and then Vancouver rioted in the streets.
Bruins aren't too liked around here anymore.
Plus that looks like a Canadian flag on the TV so Vancouver being the place he's hinting at makes even more sense.
12/20/2016 12:24 PMPosted by AlmightyLoaf
That's her dad or someone from her team.
Pharah is about 32 years old right now, and that guy looks like he's in his late fifties.

It's funny when people think that kind of relationship doesn't exist.
12/21/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Exo
12/20/2016 12:24 PMPosted by AlmightyLoaf
That's her dad or someone from her team.
Pharah is about 32 years old right now, and that guy looks like he's in his late fifties.

It's funny when people think that kind of relationship doesn't exist.

Sure it exists, but if I'm actually trying to guess without having any *fun*, then I'm not going there first

FAAAAAAAATHEEEEEEEEEEEEER
Yes a Canadian Hero has already been confirmed.

He's handsome, he's brave, he's strong! And he always gets his man!!!

Here's a thematic video i found from the character's concept director.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_r06TGDxYo