Arcade Stats and Achievements?

General Discussion
Can we more information on when you're adding achievements and stats to the Arcade? You mentioned you were planning to implement them back when the Arcade was still in the PTR, but we haven't heard anything since then. Do you have an ETA on this? Did you change your minds and hope that we would forget? What's going on?
you get nothing cuz it isn't "normal" mode. done
01/09/2017 07:54 PMPosted by PT0MCIO
you get nothing cuz it isn't "normal" mode. done
Seems awfully unfair to rob fans of an older game mode of things they enjoyed before for having different tastes than the new mainstream.
Speaking of which Draco, how has No Limits been since it went live? I know its not the most popular in Arcade atm, but I am just hoping that it is still enjoyable and less toxic than prior.
01/09/2017 08:35 PMPosted by Dibullba
Speaking of which Draco, how has No Limits been since it went live? I know its not the most popular in Arcade atm, but I am just hoping that it is still enjoyable and less toxic than prior.
Things can be a bit less organized that Quickplay, but oddly enough, I didn't see any 6-stacks when I played it over winter break.
01/09/2017 08:39 PMPosted by Dracologist
01/09/2017 08:35 PMPosted by Dibullba
Things can be a bit less organized that Quickplay, but oddly enough, I didn't see any 6-stacks when I played it over winter break.
That is good. At least I can gather now that it likely is what it was when it had a bigger player base.
Just a bump for this...

I play 50% or maybe more in Arcade now tryna get them looty boxies, and I have no stats to see what I've done...

Also I got a 4 player kill with my Hanzo ult last night for the first time ever, and I didn't get an achievement because I was in "No Limits" (otherwise known as the exact ruleset that would've earned me the achievement for 85% of the game's release).

feelsbadman.org
I'd love to see stats, at least. Something like half my time is spent in No Limits because of lootboxes.
A few days ago, I was talk to a Symmetra in "Show Your Support" and a Lucio in "Mystery Brawl" that spend their day in Arcade to get achievements. They didn't know they can't get achievements in Arcade until I told them.

The Symmetra wanted the Lucio cute spray so he was played Unlimited all day but decided to brawl for a while. I was Symmetra with him and we talked with our mics about how it impossible to go through Symmetra's turrets with just supports. Then I joked at him saying that if this wasn't Arcade we would have got an achievement. He asked me why and I said you can't get achievements in Arcade. The boy shouted in on his mic on how he spend his day in Arcade for the Lucio achievement to me. We got a 25 kill strike and would have got the 20 kill strike if not being in Arcade.

A hour after that, a Lucio in the other team was bragging thinking he got the riding wall achievement. I kind of felt bad when I had to tell him the bad news. Especially since that achievement is considered to one of the hardest to do. He became dead silence after he messaged, "oh".
01/09/2017 07:53 PMPosted by Dracologist
Can we more information on when you're adding achievements and stats to the Arcade? You mentioned you were planning to implement them back when the Arcade was still in the PTR, but we haven't heard anything since then. Do you have an ETA on this? Did you change your minds and hope that we would forget? What's going on?

We do want to add stat tracking for Arcade modes. We also want to add a "Total" category to the career profile. These are things that we are actively discussing and hoping to get on our schedule. So unfortunately, no ETA but design and production discussions are happening.

We do not have immediate plans to add achievements to the Arcade game modes beyond the Seasonal achievements. We like this idea and are not opposed to it... it's just not happening in the near future.
01/12/2017 06:29 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We do want to add stat tracking for Arcade modes. We also want to add a "Total" category to the career profile. These are things that we are actively discussing and hoping to get on our schedule. So unfortunately, no ETA but design and production discussions are happening.

We do not have immediate plans to add achievements to the Arcade game modes beyond the Seasonal achievements. We like this idea and are not opposed to it... it's just not happening in the near future.

SoonTM
sweet, this is cool.
I would be in favour of making achievements earnable in Arcade, but no stat tracking. Mystery Heroes gets all of my Arcade play, so stat tracking for heroes wouldn't be useful or helpful. And as for wins, I know I would be at or more likely below 50% win rate. Don't need extra data to reinforce that opinion.

Thanks for the update!
Couldn't have asked for a better response! Thank you.

Thank you Jeff for your community participation.