Unpopular opinion : PTR DVA is fine

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Highly Rated
You can no longer play her just like you did before, you currently have to think about your positioning just like other hero.

People are overreacting because they play her yolo and think they can get away with it. She still have what enabled her in the meta, defense matrix and fast movement while shooting.

You can't just go in quickplay for 1/2h and say : "Oh I can't do my things alone just like before, DVA is trash now". In a team with communication and cohesion, she will still be good. She will need to be more careful when she dive.
Highly Rated
Careful, fanboys incoming.
Highly Rated
Inb4 the D.va downvote brigade
Highly Rated
Wow, Someone with a valid point.
+1
D.Va heavy assault confirmed
You are half right. D.va will be replaced in the meta by Zarya. Roadhog still has sufficient heal and can 2 hit D.va now. Triple tank survives, D.va in the meta not so much.
Put D.Va into the Damage category, problem solved.
01/07/2017 11:14 AMPosted by Crash
Put D.Va into the Damage category, problem solved.
sje doesn't really do that now either
After seeing her on PTR, looking at the numbers crunched on this forum, and seein that, despite nerf, she still has the best survivability among tanks, I also think she is fine.
01/07/2017 11:14 AMPosted by DrSpaceman
You are half right. D.va will be replaced in the meta by Zarya. Roadhog still has sufficient heal and can 2 hit D.va now. Triple tank survives, D.va in the meta not so much.

What makes you so sure that trip tank will still be a thing? I think D.va and Ana nerfs could possibly ve the end for it.
01/07/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Sekko
You can no longer play her just like you did before, you currently have to think about your positioning just like other hero.

People are overreacting because they play her yolo and think they can get away with it. She still have what enabled her in the meta, defense matrix and fast movement while shooting.

You can't just go in quickplay for 1/2h and say : "Oh I can't do my things alone just like before, DVA is trash now". In a team with communication and cohesion, she will still be good. She will need to be more careful when she dive.

... your arguments? Did you try to do it? Did you try to counter what you're supposed to counter now? Did you notice that "positioning" for her now means she needs to consider all enemy heroes at once when maneuvering or selecting a point of fire? Did you play her on PTR and if yes, how long? Did you play her on live servers to compare with?
01/07/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Kafka
After seeing her on PTR, looking at the numbers crunched on this forum, and seein that, despite nerf, she still has the best survivability among tanks, I also think she is fine.

Yeah man, she totally has more survivability than that one tank with a 2000 HP shield. Totally man. Totally.
01/07/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Angel

... your arguments? Did you try to do it? Did you try to counter what you're supposed to counter now? Did you notice that "positioning" for her now means she needs to consider all enemy heroes at once when maneuvering or selecting a point of fire? Did you play her on PTR and if yes, how long? Did you play her on live servers to compare with?

Positioning with any hero means you consider all enemy placements...
Do...Do you play the game and not notice where six heroes are wandering around?...
Yeah she requires a different playstyle of playing more defensively instead of going in.
You won't have to think about your positioning as D.Va because you will generally pick Zarya at the character selection screen instead like in Seasons 1 and 2.

Defense matrix is not what made her viable in the meta. When her defense matrix was initially changed it had a .5 second cooldown. This didn't make her viable, but it was nerfed to a 1 second cooldown anyway. The faster movement while shooting grants D.Va an additional fraction of a second of ideal dps time against targets running away from her.

The extra 100 hp with a healer that can constantly keep her topped off from long range and quickly heal her mech is what made and keeps her viable. It's what keeps the triple tank meta viable. Remove the ability to quickly top off D.Va (like they've kind of done with the grenade nerf, but I don't think it's enough) and D.Va falls off significantly without a single nerf to her directly.
'Eyy, I'm not the only one that thinks D.Va is okay!
I completely agree. You can't just play d.va as a super immortal tank anymore. I've seen D.va's do well on the PTR.
Do you hear that sound? It's the sound of the salty D.Va fanatics coming to scream at you for the crime of not wanting D.Va to be the best Overwatch hero because heaven forbid anyone nerfs their waifu.

On a side note I agree that D.Va's PTR state is fine and i'me glad that we no longer have a near unstoppable Korean that flies around eating ults by holding left click, maybe I can start playing Reaper again now.

[EDIT] They're here.
remember the times where you had to fight d.va, roadhog, reinhardt, ana etc. in one team while being on attack and no hero on the defensive team died because d.va shield + health + reinhardt shield + ana heal + roadhog hooking all the threats were basically immortal? well if this patch goes life, that time will be over... THANK GOD

You can't even play her the season 2 way. Now you jump on a sniper or a 76 and they know they can disrespect your dive because your guns are doing !@#$ all damage. You either get de-suited or manage to get away with a busted mech.

And I'm talking about 1v1s here that are supposed to be advantageous to a d.va.