How to not derank (guide)

Competitive Discussion
Hey , I thought I'd share my experience with you guys.
So after a million games in competitive, here are the keys I found to not derank too much! I use this system on 95% (yeah, 95%...) of my games, and it works!

.You're on defense, you're the last one to pick and there is no healer in your team.
-Don't take a healer, take a bastion, this will push the others to take a support and when it's done, take one yourself !
They will flame you a bit, hell, you might even lose a lot of time, but it's either that or get a steamroll !

.You're on defense again and your reinart pushes in every time his ability is up, he dies alone every single time in a 1 v 6.
-Take your microphone and tell everyone to charge in with him, flame them for letting the poor reinart die alone, tell them it's how the game has to be played!
Even if you know it's not true and that your reinart is a total retard, be the bigger man!

.You're on attack, you're the last one to pick and there is no tank and only 1 zen as a healer.
-Take reinart, charge in as soon as possible. You will die for sure, but all the dps on your team will benefit of the surprise effect!
If you fail to build that small momentum, you're screwed, hell, you were screwed anyways.

.You're on a KOTH map, you're the only tank and there's only 1 healer (zen) in your team.
-Switch to lucio, and stay 90% of the time on speedboost. Your team will have fun running everywhere like headless chickens, and you will too.
Wining here is a cointoss anyways, at least try to have fun.

.You're attacking and you're plat, but somehow you're paired up with silvers on your team who instalocked all the dps (like mccree and widow or hanzo of course).
-Time to get toxic. Throw in some "know your place newb", flame them, look at their previous seasons ratings, and tell them how bad they are, this will push them to take a lot of risks to prove you wrong... then take Dva or Zarya.
Use your teamates as shields while trying to shoot through them, they don't know that they should be behind tanks and they want to prove they're good, so it'll work.
Protect a lot the healers on your team, so they will focus only on you, that's how it works, show love to get some.
Throw in some "LOL" everytime one of the DPS dies to keep them in that rushing "mode". With some luck, the other team will have some low players too. Chance to win here are verry low, but try to make the best of it.

.Your team composition looks right, but your zen plays like a tank, your ana is in sniping only mode while your reinart is in the backline chasing a tracer.
-Use your ultimate, whatever it is, just do it, you don't even need to kill anyone, just to reactivate the awarness braincells of your teamates.
If you get flammed to graviton surge an empty place, just say : oops missclick, while everyone refocuses on the real game. They will believe they're smart since they found the idiot in the team and maybe with some luck act like it!

.Your team can't group up a single time and everyone of them get killed in pointless 1 v 6.
-As soon as you die, pick mei, wait for a respawn or 2, then build a wall to cover the door. The rest of the team should respawn. Switch back to whatever hero you had, then attack again!
You will get reports for sure, lots of complaints, but only you know you did good.

Well that's it, there's a TON more I could write down, but I believe that after reading this, you get the logic to use in a competitive game. Flaming, trolling or toxicity can be a tool, and it works way better than a "hey just chill bro, it's just a game".
u take this game way too seriously

just take the loss and play another game

you're going to be playing anywhere from 200-300 games per season, you'll get your sr back.

being a dumb!@#$ to help other dumb%^-*s sounds like an idea made up by a dumb!@#$

no offense tho
Please do write a TON more, I find your advice makes a lot of sense. :)
01/08/2017 01:11 PMPosted by tech

you're going to be playing anywhere from 200-300 games per season, you'll get your sr back.

being a dumb!@#$ to help other dumb%^-*s sounds like an idea made up by a dumb!@#$

no offense tho
You must be fun at parties. People like you are the reason sarcasm and satire doesn't work as well in writing.

No offense though.
01/08/2017 01:11 PMPosted by tech

no offense tho

In comp we want to win, its in the name dude
you dont just take a loss you try to win until its over

And your original estimates for games played are off, ive got almost 500 this season so far, most of the grandmasters are 1000+ now
when you dweebs are done going emo over an online game you will understand it later.
To be honest, it was a fun read, right?
Great post. Can't wait to try this advice out.
I like your positive thinking. You let go of the outcome, have fun, help your team mates indirectly and possibly the best way to also win the game in those situations all in one; by switching your mindset. You are an enlightened being my friend.
I honestly can't tell if this is satire or not but it's hilarious either way because it would work. I've been sitting in Silver for a while and can't get out and this make my cackle because I was thinking back on all the games and each one probably would work.
You made my night, cheers mate
2185 rating try to talk about NOT DERANK. Ayy lmao
This is great. I will use these wonderful tactics tonight! :D
This doesn't work with decay :c