Latest experiment with the SR system

Competitive Discussion
My brother played comp on my account and deranked it into the depths of hell from exactly 3000 to ~850 so I decided to do something nice for a few players who were unfortunate enough to be against me, group with them. I played with them for 4-5 hours, winning 14 games in a row before someone decided to throw because he didn't want me helping others rank up (I don't really blame him for that). That was a week ago. Most of the people I played with went from around 900 to 1400-1600 in that session and I was sitting around 1800.

I logged in today to see where my fellow players are currently sitting and guess where they're at? That's right, back at 900. One guy is at 1100 but they all just fell right back down. Just thought I'd share my experience. I'm currently ranking it back up, at 2200-2300 atm.
Would like to thank you for your generosity, and more specifically for over-inflating the rank of your teammates. You did a great service to them, the gaming community at large, and to Overwatch.

Perhaps you can thank them personally for me, as I would like them to know how wonderful it is to play with those that have no clue about the game. Let them know that its not their fault they can't play to their rank, that in fact it is your fault.

And finally, be sure to mention to your friend that I'm okay with sacrificing my own SR as they steadily drop to a more appropriate rank.

Another wonderful day in OW land.

signed, your an as_hat
01/11/2017 10:52 AMPosted by Griffin
Would like to thank you for your generosity, and more specifically for over-inflating the rank of your teammates. You did a great service to them, the gaming community at large, and to Overwatch.

Perhaps you can thank them personally for me, as I would like them to know how wonderful it is to play with those that have no clue about the game. Let them know that its not their fault they can't play to their rank, that in fact it is your fault.

And finally, be sure to mention to your friend that I'm okay with sacrificing my own SR as they steadily drop to a more appropriate rank.

signed, your an as_hat

Pretty much what this dumb "experiment" proved.

signed, your an as_hat

Right, and your argument is all you need is a chance to continue climbing in a completely unfair system but would get angry that someone else but you got that chance. There's always a consequence to every action but it illustrates a point that people are where they belong, a winning streak doesn't do much for your overall SR and most importantly, demonstrates that not everyone deserves to be placed higher hence why it's a ladder system. But I get it, you're different.
01/11/2017 11:09 AMPosted by ColdSnap

signed, your an as_hat

Pretty much what this dumb "experiment" proved.

What would you prefer? I have to rank back up again, there's no good solution to the problem. You'd yell at me for "smurfing" when all I want is to get back to where I was but yes, your moral compassion is overwhelming.
Do you have any idea about scientific method and experiments? Your sample size of one proves nothing. Anecdotal evidence is useless. Against your example there maybe millions counter examples
01/11/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Ackinbal
Do you have any idea about scientific method and experiments? Your sample size of one proves nothing. Anecdotal evidence is useless. Against your example there maybe millions counter examples

Wasn't trying to be scientific, it's absolutely true that it's anecdotal. It's up to the community to interpret it, the counter examples also don't prove anything either. And the sample size was 5.