Roadhog hook is broken

General Discussion
I mean it really it is so broken
Right?
Roadhog's hook is fine. Situational awareness is key to dealing with it, get better at that and you wont have issues.
It's broke af and frustrating to the point of me wishing roadhog was gone altogether.
I mean if you're being hooked behind walls, thats on you. On the Rhog's screen, you're not behind the wall yet so the hook lands. Its latency.

I am a pretty good Rhog but I gotta agree, the hitbox to land the hook is incredibly large. I try to limit/challenge myself though, so I use the smaller circle crosshair.
12/12/2016 09:17 PMPosted by Moonchips
Roadhog's hook is fine. Situational awareness is key to dealing with it, get better at that and you wont have issues.

I've been hooked through 2 walls with a single hook before. Through. 2!!! Walls. Oh, and straight through the floor too, another time. Literally like straight down, he was exactly below me. If THAT is fine, man, what wouldn't be?
Roadhog hooks is one BIG reason why the 3 meta tank is strong. Hook someone btw 3 big guys and beat the !@#$ out of him and with a broken hook that hooks from 10mils away and throw 100 walls, it is a death sentence in high ranks.
12/12/2016 09:30 PMPosted by PumpkinMist

I've been hooked through 2 walls with a single hook before. Through. 2!!! Walls. Oh, and straight through the floor too, another time. Literally like straight down, he was exactly below me. If THAT is fine, man, what wouldn't be?

Got vids of proof?
12/12/2016 09:30 PMPosted by PumpkinMist

That is the fault of latency and "favor the shooter" in OW. Not Roadhog's hook.

With the way OW is setup, Roadhog hooked you while you were visible on his screen. You were already hooked before you went behind that wall you just didn't know it yet. Same reason you can be killed by WM through walls or sleep darted by Ana around corners.
Also fix soldier too
Yeah this is a pretty known issue. It is way too unreliable and needs a bunch of bug fixes to make it reliable. Right now it is way too weak since way too often it places players where the followup doesn't hit them.
People need to stop blaming Rhog for hooking when they appear behind a wall or something.

Its very simple. On Rhog screen, you're not behind the wall yet.
On yours, you are. Which causes the hooked person to freak out and get mad cause they see it differently.

Its the same exact thing when playing Winston and you try to leap away a milisecond before dying. The end result:
The person who is playing Winston: dies, and their body goes flying through the air. Then you watch the replay back and they kill you just as your about to jump, making you not soar through the air on their screen.

Its all about LATENCY.

Now if you want to talk about the hitbox of Rhog, thats another thing. But the being hit behind wall fiasco isn't that hard to understand.
Bump
https://clips.twitch.tv/gosutv_ow/KindBadgerShadyLulu

"Works as intended"

Stop protecting that broken !@#$.
the hook is broken, you cannot deny it.

if he throws the hook at you, hes actually throwing a truck at you, thats insane.
im glad that riot are working on it to "make it look fair, being hooked by roadhog"
I remember reading someone's post stating that roadhog punishes bad positioning which is complete bs. When I get pulled through walls, vehicles and other physical props I get punished by a pathetic implementation of an ability and not player skill.
12/12/2016 09:10 PMPosted by OldSoldier
I mean it really it is so broken

I agree, the hook still occasionally places heroes inside my collision box.