Blizzard, please give an answer to the Mei skin.

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
It's clear that the majority of people do not like that skin, and feel that it is inferior to all of the other legendary skins in the game.

Someone from Blizzard needs to respond to the criticism of the Mei skin, and clarify what exactly defines a legendary skin.

This skin is probably going to be the last Mei legendary skin we get for awhile. A long while. If Mei was the last hero to get a skin since launch, then I shudder to think how long it'll be until we get our next one. A lot of people are concerned that this will be her only new skin for a long time, and it's (as decided by the community) quite a disappointing one.
I wish you were my dad.
then dont buy it,

blizzard reads balance sheets far more often than forums
Highly Rated
12/14/2016 12:47 PMPosted by Herugrim
then dont buy it,

Or, Blizzard could change the skin, which would make players happier and more likely to buy lootboxes/support Blizzard in the future.

The only reason witch Mercy and Junkenstein have custom ult sounds is because the forum petitioned for it. They do listen and they do care.

Also, do you actually think the people who make the skins are the same people who read balance sheets?
If they do respond (i doubt it) it'll probably be something along the lines of "oh but the snowman" or something.

Honsetly though, unless they come and tell us that they're gonna either a.) Make a new skin or b.) Reduce the price, I really dont wanna hear it.

Blizzard never really responds to clear !@#$ ups on their end so I doubt this will be any different.

Hard day to be a Mei main.
[quote="207508285870"]then dont buy it,
Also, do you actually think the people who make the skins are the same people who read balance sheets?

no, the people who pay them do
My two cents: please don't change this Blizzard. I don't feel any change will be deserved or inspired.

I enjoy most of the skins. Where most people seem hung up is the "Legendary" "Epic" et c. Monikers.

These I feel are mostly flavor text. It is going to be difficult to provide the community the burden of proof that "this skin is 90%+ different, therefore it is legendary", "this skin is 55%-90% different, therefore this is epic" et c.

Use the skins you enjoy. Suggest new skins. I feel that like Mercy's "Piece of Cake" voice line there are some that like it, some that don't. I like the Mei skin. I liked the Mercy line. I really wish they would change the Mercy line back, and I'd hate for this game to just be a bunch of back and forth with whoever in the community shouts loudest wins.

That'd be a bad place for the game to be, in my opinion.

Thoughts?
The new skin is !@#$ing TERRIBLE. How the %^-* is it considered a legendary? What a joke. There was so much potential with Mei for a holiday skin, I didn't think they could !@#$ it up this bad.
12/14/2016 12:55 PMPosted by linkdude240
Thoughts?
I think you're being ridiculous. This skin isn't riding a line between maybe a legendary or maybe an epic, it's obviously just an epic skin. I'm sure there is a fuzzy red line somewhere if you try to clearly define what makes a skin legendary but this instance is not it because the customers who have the option to pay for the item clearly perceive it to be on the "epic" side of the line.
What are you guys smoking. JUST THE SNOWGIRL transform is worth it being a legendary skin. Not only does it look great with good details but it's so much fun being a "snowman" while your enemies can't touch you. The santa outfit (which everyone loves on Torb but not Mei, LOL) complete with a hat is the bonus.

IF you want to complain about holiday skins then attack the Zarya clone skin. Now that one makes no sense.

If you want to complain about what makes something a epic or legendary then you are going to fall on deaf ears. It's in the eye of the beholder. For example, I think the Roadhog epic skin this time is more "legendary" than the Roadhog legendary Halloween skin.
I like the skin. Sure, it's mostly a recolour, but if you all hate it so much why do you even care if it's legendary or epic? You won't even use it anyway.
You want a statement? Man, what's there to say.
What are you guys smoking. JUST THE SNOWGIRL transform is worth it being an epic skin.

Yeah. It's worth it being an epic skin. Because it's a re-color.

If you want to complain about what makes something a epic or legendary then you are going to fall on deaf ears. It's in the eye of the beholder.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then why does Blizzard label them? Clearly, to differentiate the skins that have more work put into them.
Mei's legendary has the least work of all legendary skins.
In this case, Mei's legendary skin is objectively worth less than every other legendary skin in the game. It's literally worth less. There is literally less work in this skin, compared to every other legendary.
For a hero that's probably going to get 1 new the entire first year of Overwatch' release, that's not acceptable.
12/14/2016 12:47 PMPosted by Herugrim
then dont buy it,

I like the skin but they could have done better since they basically used Mei as the advertisement for the Christmas event. Also 3000 coins to buy it is absolutely absurd. It should have been 750 to buy it like Reapers and Mccrees.
People complain way too much. Don't like don't buy... This isn't rocket science just speak with your wallet and in game coins.
I agree with you

They could have made a better skin for her. For example:
-Ms. Clause (the most obvious one)
-Frosty the snowman (imagine walking around as a snowman instead of a snowmen cryo freeze)
-Jack Frost (I know it's a male, but c'mon)
-A gingerbread cookie (just to name something Christmas related)

But, no. We had to get a recolor of her base skin.
But they have added a hat. That's something, right?
Better call it legendary and sell it for 3000 coins.

I'm so disappointed in Blizzard. They had the perfect opportunity to give her a new skin and they screwed it up.
theres nothing wrong with the skin, its a good skin, the issue is you dont want to pay 3k for it.

anyone want to question why zarya has a 3k emote?
12/14/2016 01:21 PMPosted by Phamous
People complain way too much. Don't like don't buy... This isn't rocket science just speak with your wallet and in game coins.

If people don't speak up when they don't like something, then companies will keep making things they dislike and people will just keep not buying them.

Feedback is important.

Why do people have this attitude that there are only two options? LIKE AND BUY IT, OR DON'T LIKE IT AND DON'T BUY IT.
There's a third option: Give Blizzard feedback, so more people like it and buy it. People get a better product, Blizzard gets more money/more people interested in their product. It's literally a win-win.

12/14/2016 01:23 PMPosted by ƒudge
theres nothing wrong with the skin, its a good skin, the issue is you dont want to pay 3k for it.

My main issue (and the issue of the hundreds of people who evidently don't like this skin) is the fact that it'll probably be the only legendary Mei is going to get for a long time (if previous updates are any indication of how much Blizzard will give Mei content) and it's a waste.
12/14/2016 01:12 PMPosted by ActionJunkie
The santa outfit (which everyone loves on Torb but not Mei, LOL) complete with a hat is the bonus.

The difference is that Torb's default is wearing a pair of jeans and armor, dressed like a mechanic, which is drastically changed into a new clothing model of a soft and red winter coat. His hair color even got lighter.
What they did with Mei is take her default and gave it Santa Torb's color palette, except not really because her hair isnt even white or blond either. It was a lazier job and anyone that's looked at Mei enough times can tell. You can even argue that they worked harder on Roadhog's Epic because at least his recolor uses more complex patterns.
And don't tell me a snowman model suddenly makes it ok. Wolf Hanzo's ultimate is a damn transformation from dragon to wolf with voice lines. Wolf Hanzo doesn't look like Default Hanzo with a wolf hat either. It's 2K cheaper than Mei's new recolor.
I need an answer and I need it now!