Blizzard, please give an answer to the Mei skin.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
LOL.

hook is still broken.
ana and her 3 tank is broken.
mmr balancing is still broken
sombra is nerfed
soldier is op

but please, stop and fix a stupid skin ...

i would rather they worked on things that mattered instead of cosmetics ...
12/14/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Daddy
It's clear that the majority of people do not like that skin, and feel that it is inferior to all of the other legendary skins in the game.

Someone from Blizzard needs to respond to the criticism of the Mei skin, and clarify what exactly defines a legendary skin.

This skin is probably going to be the last Mei legendary skin we get for awhile. A long while. If Mei was the last hero to get a skin since launch, then I shudder to think how long it'll be until we get our next one. A lot of people are concerned that this will be her only new skin for a long time, and it's (as decided by the community) quite a disappointing one.

That skin is a JOKE ... looks like she is in wearing Satin PJ's. What a HUGE waste of time for her to finally get her skin 3 evens later to be TRASH. Mei's event Trash, Mei's Skin Trash .... this game has ( for me at least ) been working extra hard showing me the exit. So many promises so little to show for those promises. Also love OW for it's lore and the ....... WAIT ..... what lore ? We have heard slim to nothing since all that wonderful waste of our time waiting for Sombra. A round or disappointment is on me boys ... drink up.
yeti's still favorite
frankly, i was expecting more creativity from bliz

Someone from Blizzard needs to respond to the criticism of the Mei skin, and clarify what exactly defines a legendary skin.

[/quote]

No one from Blizzard need to respond. It's just a skin. if you don't like it you're free not to use it or buy it. No big deal. Mei will get other skins eventually. You don't have to act like Blizzard committed a crime.
12/14/2016 03:51 PMPosted by DrudgeAngel

No one from Blizzard need to respond. It's just a skin. if you don't like it you're free not to use it or buy it. No big deal. Mei will get other skins eventually. You don't have to act like Blizzard committed a crime.

And we, the consumers, shouldn't take everything for granted.

This was her first new skin since the release of the game. Tracer already got 5 legendary skins.
Mei finally get a new skin and it's a sloppy lazy work. A simple base skin with a different color palette.

And don't start about the added hat. That's a copy & paste object that Lucio and Tracers also has.
Granted she has a different look for 1 ability, but does that makes it automatically a legendary skin?

All the other legendary skins are new models with different weapons. This one isn't.
It's a rare skin at best and not a legendary skin.
I am laughing so hard right now. People upset over 1 skin that isn't even that bad. No blizzard will not respond to something this small and stupid. It's literally 1 skin not a lot of people like. Stop acting like its the end of overwatch or the end of the world.
I'd be satisfied if they simply got rid of the green. Right now it looks like she lost the matching gloves and boots to her outfit.
I don't see how other characters having more skins somehow devalues this skin.

Even if assets get reused, that's just efficient workflow. Reusing assets usually results in higher quality.

I feel this skin is no exception. It fits in with the Christmas theme, matches and retains Mei's overall character profile.

Mei-rry Christmas everyone!
It's clear that the majority of people do not like that skin, and feel that it is inferior to all of the other legendary skins in the game.

This skin is probably going to be the last Mei legendary skin we get for awhile. A long while. If Mei was the last hero to get a skin since launch, then I shudder to think how long it'll be until we get our next one. A lot of people are concerned that this will be her only new skin for a long time, and it's (as decided by the community) quite a disappointing one.

Hi there. Sorry you are disappointed with Mei's winter skin. We don't have a specific rule for what makes something Legendary or Epic. We just sort of make a gut call based off of what we think is cool. Coolness is very subjective, and based off of the community reaction it seems like our gauge was off on this one. Our reasoning for it being Legendary was that we completely redid the visual effects for Cryo-Freeze (we turned the ice block into a snowman). We thought that was pretty special and we had done it specifically based on community suggestions from months ago when people were speculating that we might have a winter event. Apparently, lots of people don't agree with us and that's ok. It's all good feedback and we're learning something for future events.

For people concerned that Mei is not going to get another Legendary for a long time, you need not worry. We have something pretty awesome for her early next year.

Apologies that our "cool meter" was off from yours on this one. We'll try to align better on future content.
Highly Rated
12/14/2016 04:46 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Hi there. Sorry you are disappointed with Mei's winter skin. We don't have a specific rule for what makes something Legendary or Epic. We just sort of make a gut call based off of what we think is cool. Coolness is very subjective, and based off of the community reaction it seems like our gauge was off on this one. Our reasoning for it being Legendary was that we completely redid the visual effects for Cryo-Freeze (we turned the ice block into a snowman). We thought that was pretty special and we had done it specifically based on community suggestions from months ago when people were speculating that we might have a winter event. Apparently, lots of people don't agree with us and that's ok. It's all good feedback and we're learning something for future events.

For people concerned that Mei is not going to get another Legendary for a long time, you need not worry. We have something pretty awesome for her early next year.

Apologies that our "cool meter" was off from yours on this one. We'll try to align better on future content.

Thanks.
Highly Rated
the Fans of this game are ridiculous... there is nothing wrong with the skin being legendary, just a bunch of spoiled whiny brats.
ameizing!

Will you do anything about her price, or will she remain at the 3k legendary it is now?
I'm resisting making a cool pun here.

It's all good, Blizz. It's still a nice skin. It's... just not worth the 3k you priced it at. I still want it though lol.

"We screwed up again but we aren't going to do anything about it, again."

This response doesn't make me happy.
Highly Rated
I like the Mei skin :/
Highly Rated

It's okay, Jeff. At least there was an attempt.
12/14/2016 04:49 PMPosted by Muffkin

"We screwed up again but we aren't going to do anything about it, again."

This response doesn't make me happy.

Suppose they have to be as neutral as possible, so they don't have people going back and saying "LOOK AT THIIISS THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID BEFORRREE"

From their point of view, it makes sense, but to others, it can seem...rather robotic, or in the grey goo neutral area.

No offense to you, Jeff.
12/14/2016 04:51 PMPosted by AsianLegKick
It's okay, Jeff. At least there was an attempt.
Was there? We have already seen skins with minimal model changes and ability changes priced as epic but it looks like they made an exception for the star of the winter event to make her players feel like !@#$.
Highly Rated
Chinese new year skin confirmed, please be the skin mei truly deserves!