Three clips to illustrate how squishy D.Va is now.

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
Highly Rated
https://gfycat.com/KindlyTiredAndeancat

EDIT: More clips for you to analyze. Or tear apart. Whatever.
https://gfycat.com/SoulfulSarcasticChick
https://gfycat.com/DistantPleasingDachshund

On live, although getting hit by a hook combo still hurts, D.Va generally has enough HP (and armor) to at least survive and try to escape. She's a tank, it's her job to soak up damage, so this makes some logical sense.

This clip shows how much that's changed. I'm at full HP prior to getting hooked, and my mech is destroyed almost immediately after I regain control.

For reference, Roadhog's shot alone did 410 damage above. That's two thirds of D.Va's HP. On live, a point blank crit from him will do only 325 damage. That's a 25% damage increase vs. D.Va in PTR.

Now, this isn't about Roadhog per se. He's just a convenient way to demonstrate the effects given the clip at hand. But the fact remains that D.Va's new PTR mech is extremely squishy despite its massive health pool. I do not believe that this iteration of D.Va will be very useful if the changes make it to live as-is.
Highly Rated
GOD DAMN
Highly Rated
Yeah he alone brings you from full to about 60-85ish hp from my experience on PTR, so that about matches up with what I just saw.
Highly Rated
To be fair you got hooked into the whole enemy team.
keep in mind hog pulls in closer now tho
I still think if they were going to make changes to her survivability they should have only changed 100 armor to health to begin with swapping 200 just seemed to be a little drastic. 200 armor is a lot of survivability.
01/06/2017 08:46 PMPosted by Malldaerk
To be fair you got hooked into the whole enemy team.
But the damage from Road Hog was enough that he'd of won that by himself with a follow up attack or two
Also keep in mind D.va isn't the only tank that can be near one shot by roadhog.
Yep that armor nerf makes her a LOT weaker against the two shotgun heroes, Reaper and Roadhog

She went from Zarya deleting her in the past to these two deleting her now....
That is honestly really surprising, you were melted almost instantly. I really do disagree with this change to d.va's health
Highly Rated
I just did some testing myself. It takes three shots as Reaper, less than two seconds, to get D.Va out of her mech. It's pretty gross.
That clip has Roadhog, D.Va, and Soldier firing at her. That doesn't really demonstrate how fragile she is if you have 3 good damage dealers all shooting at her.

If your point is that pre-nerf D.Va can survive that and that sort of thing should continue I can understand why you dislike the "nerf"
You pushed past the gate where you have no biz being and got pulled into a 1vs4 fight and popped out of your mech. I honestly see no problem with that.

If a Reinhardt been at the same location and gotten hooked doing a fire strike the same thing would of happened and he would of just been killed. You still had your baby Dva form.

I get it's a change but honestly, you should never of been able to get pulled into a 1vs4 focus fire fight and just fly away. It's also not really a good clip of "here is the change" being you're getting shot from all over. I'm not doubting the change or anything I'm just saying that's not a the best example being game play wise, that's 100% fine. Pretty much anyone/everyone would be killed in that exact same set up and chain of events.
Oh my oh my...

I knew this was a bad change but did not think it would be this bad wow she got brutaled..

Poor DVy..

Blizzard best release a change to this as soon as possible.
Highly Rated
I'm pretty shocked he's getting upvoted, he's been hooked to the entire enemy team, no one would've survived that, Dva is pretty weak right now, but this clip is just trying to trick more people into thinking that, whatever.
Highly Rated
so..
you got pulled into an entire team, copped a hog hook combo (which kills anyone <250hp), tanked the shot, while taking fire from 4 people at once, had the opportunity to turn and attempt to run, and still managed to survive?

ill tell you a secret, literally 100% of the entire cast bar d.va would have DIED immediately in that situation. you survived, and assuming you didnt try duking a 4v1 as baby deevs you probably got your mech back to fight another day.

no issue here.
01/06/2017 08:41 PMPosted by ParanoiDrone

On live, although getting hit by a hook combo still hurts, D.Va generally has enough HP (and armor) to at least survive and try to escape. She's a tank, it's her job to soak up damage, so this makes some logical sense.

This clip shows how much that's changed. I'm at full HP prior to getting hooked, and my mech is destroyed almost immediately after I regain control.

For reference, Roadhog's shot alone did 410 damage above. That's two thirds of D.Va's HP. On live, a point blank crit from him will do only 325 damage. That's a 25% damage increase vs. D.Va in PTR.

Now, this isn't about Roadhog per se. He's just a convenient way to demonstrate the effects given the clip at hand. But the fact remains that D.Va's new PTR mech is extremely squishy despite its massive health pool. I do not believe that this iteration of D.Va will be very useful if the changes make it to live as-is.

Honestly I think this is the reason for the nerf. Cocky D.va mains running into 1v4s and flying away and still having mech. This clip perfectly illustrates what SHOULD happen in that scenario.
Highly Rated
You were way out of position and you get attacked by every member of the team. AND you still survived due to D'va's "get out jail/suit free" nonsense. The fact that it's apparently considered normal D.va play to sit in front of 5 players and expect to survive no problem is a sign that this nerf is a good change.
01/06/2017 08:58 PMPosted by LASERPEWPEW
01/06/2017 08:41 PMPosted by ParanoiDrone

Honestly I think this is the reason for the nerf. Cocky D.va mains running into 1v4s and flying away and still having mech. This clip perfectly illustrates what SHOULD happen in that scenario.

Ya I am vehemently against the D.Va nerfs as they stand (I think reverting back to 100/400 or trying out 300/300 is way to go while keeping damage nerf), but this clip doesn't further the argument for D.Va, everyone should melt when put in that situation.