Can we stop lying about D.va?

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next
01/15/2017 05:57 PMPosted by BurmaJones
That's because her mech is stronger, not because baby Dva is bad. She has a strong weapon with good range and a very small hitbox.

Salty phara main gets killed by D.VA, makes false accusations that can be disproved in seconds!

01/15/2017 05:57 PMPosted by BurmaJones
it's just not worth picking apart every sentence when almost all of it is subjective and biased.

lmao the one whos played a total of 34 hours of Phara and 3 hours of D.VA says that anyone who disagrees is biased lol what a troll, glad your gone terrible arguments so far try harder next time buddy
'she has a giant critbox'

she has a titanic sized hitbox of an ability that prevents damage from hitting said critbox
01/15/2017 06:15 PMPosted by RvolverJesus

she has a titanic sized hitbox of an ability that prevents damage from hitting said critbox
Surprised the flood of downvotes hasn't blasted your objective logic post yet.
01/15/2017 06:24 PMPosted by BurmaJones

Surprised the flood of downvotes hasn't blasted your objective logic post yet.

Thought you where leaving..? what was with the "buh-bye" you're still here
Truth: D.va will be F-tier when these nerfs go live, do less damage, and get yanked out her mech quicker by more ppl.

Lie: D.va will be perfectly fine, nothing will change, and she'll be a tank that's in the meta still.
01/08/2017 01:24 PMPosted by BurmaJones
The change I don't understand is her losing damage.

I believe this is directly related to her being able to kill any non-tank target "instantly" by flying into them and then shooting them at point blank range. She can solo her counters (Reaper, Bastion) in this way--and perhaps more importantly, she can kill any support in this way. Presumably she's not supposed to have more mobility and damage than Offense characters, but she currently does. Because of this she is way better than Sombra at finishing off retreating low-health enemies, which isn't intended.
Well with a net of 120 likes in his original post it looks like most are just fine with D.va getting the nerf hammer.

Soldier Burf when?

And she can't shoot while it's up, which makes her a discount Reinhardt when no one on the team plays Reinhardt. I seriously don't know what good flying in, defense matrixing for four seconds, then flying out is supposed to do. I don't argue she needed a nerf, but she has less effective health than before her buff(when she was considered F-tier) while also doing less damage. So over two patches she gets a net nerf overall when her previous version was considered bad. You can't argue with numbers.
dva deserved the nerf. her damage is only slightly less and her new consistency will actually help you most of the time.

stop
01/15/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Berg
01/08/2017 01:24 PMPosted by BurmaJones
The change I don't understand is her losing damage.

I believe this is directly related to her being able to kill any non-tank target "instantly" by flying into them and then shooting them at point blank range. She can solo her counters (Reaper, Bastion) in this way--and perhaps more importantly, she can kill any support in this way. Presumably she's not supposed to have more mobility and damage than Offense characters, but she currently does. Because of this she is way better than Sombra at finishing off retreating low-health enemies, which isn't intended.
Reaper and Bastion were never her counters. And if Bastion is losing to D.Va. that's 100% on Bastion. D.Va has different counters than the other tanks.
01/15/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Ceratisa
01/15/2017 06:30 PMPosted by Berg

Reaper and Bastion were never her counters. And if Bastion is losing to D.Va. that's 100% on Bastion. D.Va has different counters than the other tanks.

She has very few counters, hard or soft. Solo hog is fairly close and she beats zarya.
Why are all you dva players so one trick and scrub like.

Why not just find a different hero.
I'm honestly quite confused about this thread... on the one hand, the OP asks for an objective discussion but then at every turn just blasts DVA, DVA mains, people that play as DVA, and people that dare to disagree with any of their arguments.

Having read through the majority of this thread I'm amazed that there managed to be even a small amount of decent discussion about the topic of DVA and the upcoming nerfs.

For what is probably the millionth time that someone's said this on these forums, I would like to point out that virtually everyone agrees DVA could use a nerf to one degree or another. Making inentionally hyperbolic claims about her survivability, damage output, defense matrix, etc. serve nobody except for people who are salty about the current state of the game or their own abilities and looking for a scapegoat.

There's a lot of people celebrating the idea that DVA is going to be basically unplayable, which again, doesn't serve the community or the game. That is not what "balance" means. It doesn't mean that the heroes you happen to like are strong or at least playable and no other heroes are.

I would prefer that all heroes are viable. I hope if you think about it, you'll agree with me.
Haven't seen the GD Forum this divided since one hero limit quick play
01/15/2017 06:46 PMPosted by Kinni
Why are all you dva players so one trick and scrub like.

Why not just find a different hero.

Requires little aim - check.
Requires no reload or ammo conservation - check.
Has a toggle ability that laughs off ultis - check.
Has a retarded health pool that allows stupid diving - check.
Has an insanely low cd jetpack that allows ez mode escape - check.
Has two lives - check.
Has a thoughtless ult with guaranteed value and no risk - check.

Basically she's the most noob friendly thing to ever exist in an fps.
01/15/2017 06:41 PMPosted by motikop
dva deserved the nerf. her damage is only slightly less and her new consistency will actually help you most of the time.

stop

Experience in PTR begs to differ.
01/15/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Seoulstar
01/15/2017 06:41 PMPosted by motikop

stop

Experience in PTR begs to differ.
That's because your aim sucks.

People who can actually track enemies will notice only reduced dps vs tanks. Anything with smaller hitboxes will get hit more consistently because they filled in her spread while barely lowering her damage output.
From what I see from this initial post you fail to recognize the fact that D.VA's "Two lives" aren't really two lives at all but rather 1 and a bit. If she's gets hooked by that roadhog which takes her out of mech due do the insane meatshot damage he can do she's usually away from her team so her "Second life" is basically useless if you counter in the fact roadhogs are usually near or paired up with another tank or dps. Thus she dies anyway. From my play experience on the PTR I think she now has too little armor for the size of that critbox and the fact unlike someone like roadhog who can deal large amounts of damage or reinhardt with his shield to constantly protect himself from incoming damage D.VA's armor reduction affects her massively to the point to where from what I've seen she's out of mech too easily now. Anyway most of this is from my PTR play experience and from what I've seen when playing against other D.VA's.
Somebody early on said Pharah will wreck her now.

That's not how armor works. She has essentially lost nothing against Pharah.

Also, 400/200 is better than 100/400 against any enemy that does more than 15 damage per hit.

This includes soldier (even without crits), roadhog crits, bastion, and even point blank sombra to the face.

The only times 100/400 is better than 400/200 is vs tracer, reaper (intentional nerf vs reaper), d.va, sombra who's not in your face, and when running away from roadhog.

That's it! That's math! There is no argument! When you're asking for 100/400, you're asking to be nerfed even harder in almost all situations!

This nerf (compared to 200/400) loses you 4.5-9% effective health vs soldier, depending on his aim. Against things which do less per shot than soldier (the ones I just listed) it's a bigger nerf. Against everything else, you've lost less than 4.5% effective health.
01/15/2017 07:26 PMPosted by UrQuanLord13
Somebody early on said Pharah will wreck her now.

That's not how armor works. She has essentially lost nothing against Pharah.

Also, 400/200 is better than 100/400 against any enemy that does more than 15 damage per hit.

This includes soldier (even without crits), roadhog crits, bastion, and even point blank sombra to the face.

The only times 100/400 is better than 400/200 is vs tracer, reaper (intentional nerf vs reaper), d.va, sombra who's not in your face, and when running away from roadhog.

That's it! That's math! There is no argument! When you're asking for 100/400, you're asking to be nerfed even harder in almost all situations!

This nerf (compared to 200/400) loses you 4.5-9% effective health vs soldier, depending on his aim. Against things which do less per shot than soldier (the ones I just listed) it's a bigger nerf. Against everything else, you've lost less than 4.5% effective health.
Lmao, the downvotes even though it's all truth and fact and not opinion.