Best mouse for Overwatch

Technical Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Just got a Logitech g303, it is glorious. Literally zero complaints after getting used to the low profile buttons after a couple days. God tier components, has everything you need for fps games without any extra crap you don't need. And it was only 30 bucks, a literal steal.
Trackball ftw

https://d107iaxg6vni3j.cloudfront.net/mbank264676_w1400_h1400.jpg
...a literal steal.

...and you only went for the $30 one?

I use a Kensington Expert Mouse Wired Trackball, but probably only because wireless didn't exist the last time I needed a replacement.

Takes considerable getting used to for those unfamiliar with trackballs, but it's functionally and ergonomically superior to a mouse in every way except button count & customization options.
04/02/2017 03:51 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
Trackball ftw

https://d107iaxg6vni3j.cloudfront.net/mbank264676_w1400_h1400.jpg

Hory sheet! I swear I didn't see your post before drafting mine! Trackballas unite!
G900 no doubt.
I personally use the Deathadder chroma by razer, the one for overwatch. and i feel its comfort has helped me a lot, especially with my aim.I do reccomend it for those who are new
I use the G300s. Works good.
My personal favorite is a Razer Naga Hex v2. Plenty of buttons for all the functions you need, and easier to differentiate between them in the heat of battle, unlike the standard Naga. Plenty of dpi settings, pretty light setup...yeah, I like my mouse. :)
The best advice to those looking for a great mouse is to go to a store with a liberal return policy and check out a few. There are a ton of mice that perform well on paper, but the biggest factor is going to be how it fits your hand/grip style.

My current mouse is by far the best mouse I've ever used for FPS. It doesn't make me much better though. It does make it more comfortable to use. Granted, if you're talking about upgrading from a terrible mouse to a great mouse then it might actually make you better.
Best mouse for Overwatch:
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/am13690/JHAS1028.jpg
Personally I would suggest the Logitech G600.

It's wired, not wireless like the 602, so you will never have connection issues during play. It also has a third button on top (not including the scroll wheel button) which is useful for mapping something to it.

The 12 key pad on the side is handy as well. What I did was map the 1 key on the side of the mouse to Melee Strike so I do not have to use the hand I use for movement in order to melee, making the experience much smoother in general.

I would advise against Razor products from personal experience. While they do work and work well, nearly every Razor product I have bought has a similar issue: Connection of where the cord meets the base of the unit is very poorly soldered and designed and out of 4 Razor products I have owned, 3 of them have broken in this particular area.

I use the Logitech G600 and it had been the best mouse I've owned to date.
The G600 is an unusual recommendation for an FPS. It has a lot of features that might be great for other games but are useless in Overwatch. I'm glad it works for you and and not trying to knock your mouse, but it's not something I would suggest to someone looking specifically for an FPS mouse.
12/12/2016 10:47 PMPosted by hawkguy
i like my logitech g502. it's pretty cheap for a gaming mouse, and it's not so fussy with unneeded details.
Excellent choice, but the G402 is cheaper with the exact same sensor.
04/21/2017 12:27 PMPosted by McNutt
The G600 is an unusual recommendation for an FPS. It has a lot of features that might be great for other games but are useless in Overwatch. I'm glad it works for you and and not trying to knock your mouse, but it's not something I would suggest to someone looking specifically for an FPS mouse.

I use it for a lot of different style games, but it's great because it's flexible. It may not JUST be for FPS games, but it adapts to them incredibly well.
Cool. That's not really my style of mouse but I have to admit that they look pretty neat. I'm glad to hear they are pretty good outside of MMOs.
12/12/2016 10:50 PMPosted by ÍŹÓ
Personally, I use the Razer Chroma because it has 16,000 DPI :)
I know this is an old thread, but hell, it already got necro'd anyway.

Why does that even matter to you? Do you even use 16,000 DPI? How can you hit anything? You've fallen to marketing hype and bought something because it had the highest number.

Don't get me wrong, Razer mice aren't bad, I personally use a Deathadder Chroma, but the DPI means nothing to me.
04/21/2017 01:53 PMPosted by McNutt
Cool. That's not really my style of mouse but I have to admit that they look pretty neat. I'm glad to hear they are pretty good outside of MMOs.

The side panel keys are actually very good for FPS games because the number keys usually switch weapons in most FPS games, and this lets you quickly and easily choose whichever weapon you need instantly without removing your hand from the movement keys. Overwatch doesn't have weapon switching for the most part except Mercy, but it's still handy to have. This is why I remapped quick melee to the 1 key, like I said. Quick and easy melee strikes without sacrificing movement ability.
12/12/2016 10:50 PMPosted by ÍŹÓ

Personally, I use the Razer Chroma because it has 16,000 DPI :)

What is even the point of that?

Most pro FPS players use 800-1200. Some less, some a little more, I don't think any use >4k DPI (I've used 4k DPI, it's insane)
Recently bought a Ttesports Ventus ambidextrous laser mouse, and I've really been enjoying it a lot.

It sports 2 side buttons, 2 top buttons and standard 2 button + scrollwheel/midbutton. What I was really intrigued by was the honeycombed dome where the mouse palmrest is, and it actually seems to work as described to reduce sweat buildup during long gaming hours. The shape is great for most grips, and it is decently large and ergonomic.

It also has 3 custom weights to adjust the weight of the mouse as needed. It can reach 5700 dpi, and has one of the better laser tracking hardware on the market. Usual price is around $80, but I was able to get it for $40 on sale on Amazon.

To play Overwatch, I find this mouse to be really good, and it has helped me increase my accuracy thanks to the added comfort I get compared to my trusted old G500 Logitech, and it seems to track more efficiently. That said, my old G500 was 8 years old... so, think what you may :)

I don't know if this is the best, but it feels like the best for me.
Yet the pro of a good mouse is shape and sensor mostly... for shooters that is. Cheap mice will spin out, be inaccurate, have acceleration or deceleration issues etc etc.