Give hacked health packs indicators for our teammates to see

General Discussion
1 2 3 18 Next
Highly Rated
EDIT: we have finally gotten a response from geoff, They will surely implement it in the next ptr update.
after 666 upvotes they finally reponded.
THANK you all for your support!

link for reference:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753416574#post-12

===========================================================================
To put it very briefly, make the hacked health pack indicator visible through walls for our teammates.
    This would greatly encourage the team to take full advantage of Sombra's usefulness. People quickly dismiss her because they don't "feel" her presence. If the teammates can see an indicator (basically same thing as a indicator to see your own teammates, but make it distinguishable) of a hacked health pack it would greatly improve Sombra's side of being indirectly useful. Another thing is that teammates wont have to waste their time guessing if a healthpack is hacked or even used.

The indicator should also be dynamic in size relative to the distance of the player and the hacked healthpack, that way there won't be any unnecessary clutter.

Of course you should probably have an option to disable the indicators for the extremely small amount of people who may not want to see the skulls on their screens which is completely fine. But if we are at this point, no need to make it a priority.
=======================================================================
Additional QoL needed changes:
  • Allow us to destroy our translocator by holding the button.Increase translocator time to 20 seconds, no cooldown if not used. IF the translocator is destroyed, then it will start a 2 second cooldown).
  • Make Sombras translocator projectile speed faster, as of now its too slow.
  • Another thing that Sombra can greatly use is to remove the movement penalty for when she does the action of cloaking out of invisibility. I can see why they would put an penalty for when she goes in but there is no reason for a movement penalty for when she does the action of CLOAKING OUT of invisiblity.
  • Allow us to hold right click to automatically start hacking whatever is in front of us. Reason for this is because there are many times when something gets in the way like a pole and it cancels my hack and then i am forced to reclick the right button to start hacking again, this makes her hacking ability feel clunky in that aspect.

Any feed back from the devs would be appreciated. as you can see many people would like to see any of these changes.
That way Teammates can actually take full advantage of her hacked healthpacks.
Highly Rated
YES PLEASE!
Highly Rated
That's just perfect. The hacked health packs can have a little purple icon or something.
Highly Rated
12/28/2016 01:35 AMPosted by Pacman3000
That's just perfect. The hacked health packs can have a little purple icon or something.

A small blue (team colored) cross would work too.
it does have an indicator. sombre skull hovers above it.
Highly Rated
12/28/2016 02:07 AMPosted by Azuramstar

I think they mean something you can see WHEREVER you are on the map
Highly Rated
so when sombra hacks a health pack, just make it so the whole team, can see it through walls?
if its that
then heck yeah im up for it!
Highly Rated
Please. Hacked health packs are only effective with call outs but Sombra players rarely let their team know and the team often has no way of knowing.
12/28/2016 02:09 AMPosted by dbzlucky

I think they mean something you can see WHEREVER you are on the map

wouldn't that be too much visual clutter since she can hack several hp.

Personally i rarely see people go after hp on ps4.

but I wouldn't mind if it helps, maybe as an option.
12/28/2016 01:35 AMPosted by Pacman3000

Exactly this would be extremely useful and would help in many situations!
i dont think they will ever add this in game for one reason - the game is built on situation awareness (no hud)
12/28/2016 11:20 PMPosted by Yojimbo
i dont think they will ever add this in game for one reason - the game is built on situation awareness (no hud)

They why are we able to see our own teammates location?
Not only would this be good for Sombra's team, it would be good for Sombra too if it also indicated how much time was left on the hack.
They could do this or actually give her a voice line for when she successfully hacks a health pack ("This Health pack is ours!") so the team knows.
12/28/2016 01:26 AMPosted by MrBuffFinger
This would greatly encourage the team to take full advantage of Sombra's usefulness. People quickly dsmiss her because they don't "feel" her presence. If the teammates can see an indicator (basically same thing as a indicator to see your own teammates, but make it distinguishable) of a hacked health pack it would greatly improve Sombra's side of being indirectly useful.

That way Teammates can actually take full advantage of her hacked healthpacks.

It would also help players learn maps and health kit locations.

Hmm, that would definitely be a double-edged sword and another tiny cut to Tracer and other flankers (because they rely on health packs and if the locations are common knowledge they'll be less available.)
Great idea. Should also be an announcer that says when she comes out of invis.

They why are we able to see our own teammates location? If your statement were true we wouldnt be able to see our teammates locations as any role

The game doesn't have a minimap but it does have HUD, a lot of HUD.
Just do it

lol sure but it doesnt show through walls. I should be more specific, thanks!