PTR Updated Hero Balance Changes

PTR Bug Report
1 2 3 25 Next
We're about to push a new build to the PTR with some new changes:

Roadhog Hook
- Added some more line of sight checks towards the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won't be released anymore.
- Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line on sight, breaking the hook.
- Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.

Ana
- Biotic Grenade duration reduced from 5s to 4s

Sombra
- Hack cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s

Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully we'll have this new patch up very soon so you guys can check it out and let us know what you think.
Highly Rated
good to see more legitimate fixes to this boring meta, can't wait for this to go live
And Dva? In the scrap-yard?

01/10/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

- Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line on sight, breaking the hook.

Just like roadhog needed another buff...

You should buff 76 too, his kit and damage are kind of low tho
Highly Rated
This sounds great! Thank you for reading all the feedback!
Why buff ana?
Ok i'm kind of bitter right now, didn't even try it yet but c'mon
Highly Rated
01/10/2017 06:47 PMPosted by clark
Why buff ana?

dat reading comprehension
Highly Rated
01/10/2017 06:47 PMPosted by clark
Why buff ana?

This not a buff but a nerf
Highly Rated
I know a lot of people have been talking about D.Va taking too much damage now, and I was wondering what you guys imagined as her role on a team. Should she be able to 1v1 a roadhog/harass the enemy's front line, or should she be flying around the enemy's backline targeting healers?
I like that there's more incentive to hack enemies now!
Would still like for track to be tweaked since sometimes I would target Rein but then a teammate gets in the way and I end up hacking them instead.
Highly Rated

Roadhog Hook
- Added some more line of sight checks towards the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won't be released anymore.
- Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.

Ana

Sombra

Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully we'll have this new patch up very soon so you guys can check it out and let us know what you think.

Can we please get the same line of sight checks for Sombra's Hack ability? Please.

Edit: To address all of the downvotes, I just want to mention that it's impossible to Hack a target who is behind a pole if they're constantly strafing to break LOS.

Would be nice if Hack worked similar to Mei's Freeze debuff, but with no noticeable effects until the Hack is complete. By this, I mean it would be nice to not have Hack cancel immediately if a target walks behind a pole for 1 frame.

Hack has the same problem Hook 2.0 has, with the tree in this GIF: https://gfycat.com/LividFragrantClam
Replace that tree with anything, even a street sign, even for only 1 single frame, and that's what I'm talking about. If the target is even mostly visible the hack should still work and a thin street sign getting in the way for 1 frame shouldn't break LOS.
Highly Rated

Roadhog Hook

Could you do something similar for the vertical line of sight check? A Hanzo who is plainly visible from about the navel up shooting down at you from a ledge can't be hooked. I feel that it's only fair that someone whose torso is visible and making no attempt to move to cover should be easy hook prey.
These hook changes look great! Thanks!
Highly Rated
Nothing for D.Va? Not even some kind of acknowledgement? It would be really nice to hear from you devs at this point about her. It's obvious that the majority of the community is upset by these changes and have provided evidence and solid feedback about why her state is not good at all. At least throw us a bone here? Please?

Other than that, I like the other changes. Those all seem to be moving in the right direction with the community's feedback.
Can everyone stop complaining about D.va changes? You're acting like she's unusable trash. She has mobility that rivals Genji, 600 HP and arguably the best move in the game with Matrix (maybe behind pre-patch Ana grenade).

She was buffed from 500 to 600 and has a disgustingly huge 400 armor. She's very hard to kill especially with an Ana behind her. Blizzard fixed that. The hero had no clear counter/downside besides a large critbox that can be covered up at will with Matrix while you're pumped with heals (Zarya/Winston being the only 2 who can hit though it, both of which lose DPS to the armor AND can't crit).

D.va mains are an annoying vocal minority.
01/10/2017 07:19 PMPosted by Slade
Nothing for D.Va? Not even some kind of acknowledgement? It would be really nice to hear from you devs at this point about her. It's obvious that the majority of the community is upset by these changes and have provided evidence and solid feedback about why her state is not good at all. At least throw us a bone here? Please?

Other than that, I like the other changes. Those all seem to be moving in the right direction with the community's feedback.

no just get neg....
I'll be sure to check out the hook again when I can. It still feels weird that you want to do two separate LoS checks, one to see if a hog can hook a person or not, and then a second one after the first LoS check said "yup you can hook this person". The second LoS check still feels like you're punishing people that hit a valid hook for no reason.

Roadhog Hook

Ana

Sombra

Fantastic! I am really happy about the Roadhog change, this could reduce all fears of him being dead if it goes live. Sombra's buff could be huge, I always felt her Hack ability is currently at a really bad place, so reducing the cooldown could be a step in the right direction. I still think there should be an amount of damage needed to be done to her before hack is canceled but I'll see how she plays with this change now. Ana's nerf is also a step in the right direction, even with the current nerf to 50% increased healing she'll be a top healer pick, but this is looking good so far (maybe also instead of completely canceling healing make her reduce it instead?) Anyways, great job, devs! I love the fact you actually listen to us, this world needs more devs like you. Thanks.
Highly Rated
Can we expect any love for Winston in some future? His shield feels underwhelming, worse than Symmetra's.
I am actually terrified if Roadhog gets insanely consistant results with hte ability to oneshot zarya now.