PTR Updated Hero Balance Changes

PTR Bug Report
Prev 1 13 14 15 24 Next
I'm loving the approach you guys are taking to hero balance and the PTR.

Keep up the great work!
01/10/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
We're about to push a new build to the PTR with some new changes:

Roadhog Hook
- Added some more line of sight checks towards the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won't be released anymore.
- Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line on sight, breaking the hook.
- Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.

Ana
- Biotic Grenade duration reduced from 5s to 4s

Sombra
- Hack cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s

Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully we'll have this new patch up very soon so you guys can check it out and let us know what you think.

Hurry up and make it so Sombra can Hack or EMP disable/destroy turrets and shield generators/teleporters please.
I think people need to realize that blizzard is trying to address a lot of problems right now. Dva now being put to a off tank right now is probably only temporary. She's still a viable tank and right now people should give the devs a break considering there trying to make arguably The least effective dps slowly viable instead of a nasty power pick and pull a Ana 2.0 while also bringing Ana to a place where people think your trolling for picking her. consistancy is coming before they start reworking into already viable hero's. I swear the overwatch community needs to give blizz a break here.
01/11/2017 09:20 AMPosted by Seiryuu
The irony is the +100HP buff on D.Va was because the devs thought her too fragile. We didn't really need it that much, but OK then...

Then in this patch they respond by making her even more fragile than before they thought she needed a health buff??

One step forward, two steps back. It makes no sense.

Honestly, like... why did she have 400 armor in the first place if there was any potential for concern in shotgun characters having slightly more trouble with her than other tanks? Undo the 100 health buff instead of nerfing her armor, at least.
U guys rly need stop trying to improve sombra HACK... she need DAMAGE wtf, isn't she an assassin? an offensive hero? come on blizz help me with my favorite character
01/10/2017 06:47 PMPosted by clark
Why buff ana?

They are making it so the effect of her biotic grenade last shorter (not the cooldown, I think you may have gotten that confused), so they are nerfing her.
This is not live yet, right?
Plz consider adjusting Sombra's de-stealth time. It feels like poo when you press fire and it does nothing. I want heroes to be responsive and fun to play.
01/11/2017 10:24 AMPosted by LaserHero
U guys rly need stop trying to improve sombra HACK... she need DAMAGE wtf, isn't she an assassin? an offensive hero? come on blizz help me with my favorite character

That's the thing, she isn't an assassin. She's an info broker and manipulator. She wasn't supposed to be in the office in the short, but she used her "team" to get leverage. Widow and Reaper are more assassins than her.

That's her niche yet she's put into the Offense category because that's where they tried to put her emphasis. I'd put Symmetra in D and her in Support based on what she is now.
Yeah, speaking of D.va... They should do something about her now.
Maybe:
1) Leave her armor, but return to 500 Health
or:
2) give her 300HP/300 armor health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im-Me-_MsJc

Soldier and Hog are making scraps from her Meka right now xd
01/10/2017 07:50 PMPosted by JadePNyland
Well the Ana nerf is still isn't enough...
Nade still does four things at once...

Erm, ok,

Roadhog hook: Slows, Stuns, Pulls and does damage
Zarya bubbles: cleanse, absorb damage, cancel ults on target, give energy
Reaper wraithform: Escape ults, Invulnerable, looks edgy,
Mei's Ice Wall: Is a wall, is a lift, is a trap, is a shield
Mei's freeze beam: does damage, slows, freezes, triggers
Dva thrusters: provide mobility, do damage, do knockback
Reindhart charge: movement speed, escape ults, damage, moves target, pins
Winston leap: Movement, does damage, does knockback
Tracer recall: provides movement, restores health, cleanses
Genji dash: Mobility, does damage, triggers squishies, resets on elims, resets on ultimate use

So Ana's grenade utility is nice, but there are many abilities with multiple uses.

The duration was excessive, I think this is a good move, graviton surge only lasts 4 seconds and I class heal-block as a pretty powerful utility. It's execution should have to be combined with focus fire to get a reward. So a 20% reduction in duration is a hefty nerf.

I still think Reaper needs a buff, like tanks drop 100 health souls or something....
01/11/2017 10:24 AMPosted by LaserHero

I disagree with this.

I do like what Blizzard is doing, it is important to have Tracer/Sombra/Genji all have different roles. And all excel in different situations.
i liked Sombra's buff... but what do we really want that if she hacks , she can cancel their Ultimate like McCree/Roadhog ... she can't cancel Bastion's ultimate !but she can cancel reaper lol... all she need is more characters to cancel their ulti that's all (of course she can't Cancel Widow's Infra Sights or Rein's Hammer x3)
These changes look good. However the D.Va changes really bother me. I think this whole problem was created when she was given an extra 100 health for reasons unknown. I did not think she was too weak with 100 HP / 400 armor and now she's OP. Could we start by reverting that change rather than overbuffing followed by overnerfing?
you guys are soo active, it's amazing.
I like the changes but the ana nade change to 4 sec's is like... you see a kid get their !@# kicked and than the bully comes back for a final kick in the stomach but you don't wanna say anything cuz ana had it coming, but you still feel bad.

On the hook I believe the persistent sight check AFTER the hook has hit seems unrealistic, before the hook hits absolutely a must but I guess it isn't enough to fix the hook with just 1 check before hook hits.

Also I don't agree with the diva nerf at all, just wanna put it out there. The fact that she can stand toe to toe with DPS like reaper is a great thing IMO. Her ability to flank and neutralize a dps hero... thats what tanks are for. so nerfing her survivability is not cool. but these are just my opinions, i dunno, like i understand the logic behind it but still.
here's hoping Ana's still remotely viable after this lol.
Apologies for the delay on this patch but it should be live shortly: 1.7.0.0.33944.
01/11/2017 11:01 AMPosted by Bill Warnecke
Apologies for the delay on this patch but it should be live shortly: 1.7.0.0.33944.

i wait since new patch note. and that was 16 hours ago. do not use "SOON" if it's not sure.
Ana nerf is still not enough.

-She needs to be weaker against flankers (300 hp with small hitbox)
-She needs to not hard counter other healers
-Her burst healing is still as insane as ever