PTR Updated Hero Balance Changes

PTR Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 4 24 Next
Roadhog Hook
- Added some more line of sight checks towards the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won't be released anymore.
- Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line on sight, breaking the hook.
- Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.

My reinstall is ready
Still not enough on ana. She's still got the best 2 abilities in the game AND mccree level damage without them.
New patch couldn't come soon enough
Next patch, Ana removed from heroes
01/10/2017 08:14 PMPosted by BADstion
01/10/2017 06:24 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
We're about to push a new build to the PTR with some new changes:

Roadhog Hook
- Added some more line of sight checks towards the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won't be released anymore.
- Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line on sight, breaking the hook.
- Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.

Ana
- Biotic Grenade duration reduced from 5s to 4s

Sombra
- Hack cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s

Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully we'll have this new patch up very soon so you guys can check it out and let us know what you think.

I know I'm beating a dead horse... but can we get some acknowledgment about the state of D.Va? I think we just want to know Blizzard's thoughts on the D.Va nerf they implemented. Yes, leaving her out of the patch is a clear indicator that Blizzard is adamant about changing D.Va from this potentially bad state, but it isn't confirmed that they won't change her again in another PTR update. A simple, "We think she is OK in this new state" or "We are looking into her" is all I ask for.

The amount of people complaining how "OP" she was got her like how she is in PTR. We can fight back! D.Va does not deserve this major nerf. I understand nerfing her but making her mech melt like butter....
Hope that hooks will be ok in new patch because tired of getting ridicously hooked from insane position. Let's see!
01/10/2017 08:17 PMPosted by Aberepings

I know I'm beating a dead horse... but can we get some acknowledgment about the state of D.Va? I think we just want to know Blizzard's thoughts on the D.Va nerf they implemented. Yes, leaving her out of the patch is a clear indicator that Blizzard is adamant about changing D.Va from this potentially bad state, but it isn't confirmed that they won't change her again in another PTR update. A simple, "We think she is OK in this new state" or "We are looking into her" is all I ask for.

The amount of people complaining how "OP" she was got her like how she is in PTR. We can fight back! D.Va does not deserve this major nerf. I understand nerfing her but making her mech melt like butter....

She fundamentally has 750 HP and she can charge her call mech ult. quickly.

She is not a pure tank. She's a mitigation tank.

Roadhog Hook

Ana

Sombra

Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully we'll have this new patch up very soon so you guys can check it out and let us know what you think.

A simple, "We think she is OK in this new state" or "We are looking into her" is all I ask for. This please.
I got the game because I liked D.Va's design and the cool mech concept. She was finally playable this season. It's frustrating how whenever I tried to climb in previous seasons I felt I had to learn different characters instead of the one I wanted to play.

This is all combined with the fact she's got the worst legendary skins and one of the few characters with no event legendary skins, or uh, anything past a single recolor in the last summer games which you can't even tell is a non-base skin without really paying attention hard and the announcement there'd be no spring event which most D.Va mains were banking on.

So why does D.Va get so much Blizzard hate? Is there some evil witch jealous of her uguu-kawaiiness? Are you all upset that her heppy holloween throw-away minimum effort line stole the show from the skins you worked so hard on and were only a tenth as cool?

I hope D.Va gets drafted to a game that will appreciate her instead of hide her in a closet mech and nerf her like becoming a raid boss in WoW or something.
01/10/2017 07:07 PMPosted by Xei

Roadhog Hook

Ana

Sombra

Can we please get the same line of sight checks for Sombra's Hack ability? Please.

She uses wireless signal that can go through walls.
I love how people constantly say how D.va is worthless now. She melts less so than Winston, but continue to complain about that.

She's still tanky, she just has to actually play intelligently and actually think about where she is instead of just flying and going wherever she wants because of what her inside hp/armor is in current live. It's almost like the player actually has to think about positioning and defense matrix usage instead of brain dead "put DM up when I start to take damage, shoot at them when they reload, fly away when hp starts to get low after killing the shield generator, the symmetra, a reaper, and ana"

Seriously, though. Just like how Symmetra isn't a pure support, how Sombra isn't a pure DPS, how Roadhog isn't a pure tank; she isn't a pure tank. She isn't supposed to be legitimately tanking a lot of shots. That's the whole point of Defense Matrix's existence.
I support the changes. It'll take time to fine tune Roadhog's hook.

$0.02 Suggestions

-Decrease Symmetra's dpm by 10%. Add line of sight rule.

-increase Winston's shield by 15%. Increase stomp damage by 25%.

-Increase Hanzo movement under aiming by 15%.
I feel like Bio grenade should be 50% decreased healing instead of 100% (It completely blocking Zen's ult makes me SEETHE). And it should heal before it applies the increased healing buff.
Nice changes, the way the hook functions now sounds fair and the ana nerfs are quite reasonable, I think those changes combined with the dva changes should diversify the meta pretty well.
01/10/2017 08:27 PMPosted by Voltan
Seriously, though. Just like how Symmetra isn't a pure support, how Sombra isn't a pure DPS, how Roadhog isn't a pure tank; she isn't a pure tank. She isn't supposed to be legitimately tanking a lot of shots. That's the whole point of Defense Matrix's existence.

What is she supposed to be then? A crappy replacement for Rein? If you're going to say she's not a tank at least try to explain what she is or what she's supposed to be. This season she definitely was a pure tank and people enjoyed playing her as a main tank. Reacting with defense matrix on the front lines was very fun compared to playing Rein, in the same way Zarya's bubble is way more fun.

There's nothing wrong with her being a "pure tank." There's nothing wrong with there being alternatives to Rein.
Oh so glad Jeff (and his team) found our feedback from... many numerous threads. Valuable, or in the very least, worth commenting on.
About the Sombra change, I really like it. Even through its not out yet, went to the training range to visual test it out(4 secs makes a huge difference in quick decision making). It really a lot more flexible now. Though I still hate how hacking will point out instantly where you are, unlike Zen's Discord Orb.

Also please listen to Console community and take off the Turret Nerf already.
I'm happy with the Roadhog and especially the Sombra changes. A little bummed that Ana is getting nerfed again. I feel like all she does is get nerfed. At least it's not a huge change, I guess.
I also hope they can give a quality of life build to junkrat and winston.

Junkrat with a projectile speed buff like hanzo, and winston with a slight bubble health increase from 600hp to 800 hp from his original bubble health at 1000 when hero stacking was still a thing.
8 seconds !

MEXELLENT