Is it me, or does "mmr" not even exist.

General Discussion
So I am a low to mid range gold SR player. Apparently the games thinks I should be playing in Diamond and High Plat cause all it does in QP is put me against these types of players. I am happy in gold, I liked that I was at least decent at the game. I don't like going into every QP game and getting just utterly destroyed by a team of 3-4 plats and 2-3 Diamonds. It's !@#$ing stupid. I love the game, but I can't keep playing against these guys, it's ruining the game and ruining my view on Overwatch in general. %^-* this game's matchmaking.
I think it has something to do with what time of day you play. During the day you can get people around your skill level and I imagine since there are fewer people on during the night you get paired with people out of your range.
01/17/2017 06:20 PMPosted by Winston
I think it has something to do with what time of day you play. During the day you can get people around your skill level and I imagine since there are fewer people on during the night you get paired with people out of your range.

I do play during the day.
Are QP and Comp MMR even the same to begin with? I thought they were calculated separately this whole time but maybe I'm just dumb
play competitive if you (eventually) want closer matches. QP is a cluster !@#$.
01/17/2017 06:27 PMPosted by Kailan
Are QP and Comp MMR even the same to begin with? I thought they were calculated separately this whole time but maybe I'm just dumb

SR is for ranked, "mmr" (which seriously doesn't exist if it thinks I am at that level of play) is hidden and is for quickplay matching. The game's matchmaking is broken and I don't want to play comp, I play to have fun, not to get matched against much more skilled players and just get utterly stomped every single god damn game the I try to !@#$ing play.
I play during the day and will get a mix of brand new players and top 500 players in quickplay on xbox. I don't know if it's the same for everyone else on xbox.
I suspect every 60 seconds the band of players it will match you with gets wider. After 11pm here I start to queue longer and see more and more people of lower and lower level.
I really wish it !@#$ing wouldn't. It ruins the game for me when I am not looking to improve, I am just looking to %^-*ing play the god damn game but I just can't cause some !@#$%^- genji Diamond rank *!@# is just %!##!%%@%# me and my teammates to the point where we all just quit. None of us are Diamond or even plat, none of us are that high. WHAT THE $%^- IS WRONG WITH MATCHMAKING?
Your post proves it is working. Your QP MMR is diamond so you face diamond players. If it wasn't working you would be sent against bronze just as often as diamond.
I am mid gold, my quickplay MMR should be nowhere near Diamond. I am nowhere near their skill level and it shows in game. I literally said that we get stomped into the floor so hard that we can buy Chinese knick-knacks for family members. The "mmr" is !@#$ed.
01/17/2017 06:17 PMPosted by HotPotato
So I am a low to mid range gold SR player. Apparently the games thinks I should be playing in Diamond and High Plat cause all it does in QP is put me against these types of players. I am happy in gold, I liked that I was at least decent at the game. I don't like going into every QP game and getting just utterly destroyed by a team of 3-4 plats and 2-3 Diamonds. It's !@#$ing stupid. I love the game, but I can't keep playing against these guys, it's ruining the game and ruining my view on Overwatch in general. %^-* this game's matchmaking.

So true. I try and play quick play to relax and have fun but it's not fun losing 10 games in a row... I have to tryhard in quick play just for a chance at a win? This is why MMR based matchmaking in casual gamemodes / quick play is complete cancer. I don't care if I roll people over and I don't care if I get stomped, sometimes the fun is in finding out what's gonna' happen that game, instead of the normal mess around and lose every game or tryhard, get 4 golds and still lose meme.
I just want to play my favorite game and can't cause the game puts me into literally unwinnable games. These people could troll and still win against my teams. the mmr matchmaking is !@#$ed, and the game needs to be fixed. I am a broken person cause I cannot play the game that I want to put my time into, all because the game LITERALLY will not match me into a fair !@#$ing game. No matter what time of the day I %^-*ing play, always Diamonds, high plats. It has broken me. I uninstalled the game because of it. Wins are rare for me and I don't like playing when I know I will just be matched against a player who is better at the game than me by leaps and bounds and there is no way for me to practice or even improve in a situation like that.