It's a huge oversight that there's no queue confirmation

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Highly Rated
I just received a leave penalty for leaving a game that I didn't queue for. I was in a group, I clicked "Exit Game," I clicked "Yes," and then I heard about half a second of the match start music before my client closed. My group had queued, and it popped instantly.

I've already submitted a ticket about the incident, and they basically told me that there's nothing that they can do, which I guess is understandable since the leave system is totally automated, but this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I've been in groups and tried to exit the game only to have the queue pop instantly before I can leave the group, and then I'm forced to either spend twenty minutes playing a game that I either don't want to play or don't have time to play, or I just have to take a leave penalty. That's terrible.

I'm not sure why there's no queue confirmation button when the queue pops. I'd be astonished if I'm the only person that this has happened to, and I can't think of any other competitive multiplayer game that doesn't have a confirmation button.

Say what you want about League of Legends, but Riot spent a long time getting their queue confirmation system right, and it's in a fantastic spot now. I would love to see something like that implemented in this game so I don't have to take dumb leave penalties anymore.

EDIT: This was a competitive queue
01/18/2017 11:14 AMPosted by lemonlimeguy
I just received a leave penalty for leaving a game that I didn't queue for.
In QP, the -75% comes in after a ton of leaves. If you've left that often I would worry about other things and not your lack of understanding of the queue system.

If it was competitive and you got a 10 minute ban, deal with it. If it was competitive and you got a season ban, you deserved that as well, since it requires lots of leaves as well.

I have no sympathy for you.
Highly Rated
Ready-check for comp queue? Might be cool. Seems pointless for the other modes however, since the bar for leaving is so high.
Was this quickplay or comp mode?

If it was quickplay you have to have left a lot of games in your last 20 to trigger a penalty

If it was comp mode, a single leave really isn't much of a penalty. If it was something severe it means you've left multiple games
Tbh i agree if your group leader queue's for comp it should give you confirm box for rest of the party, if the party does't accept no queue, same for quickplay.

You would asume that knowning Blizzard would do this but they don't.
This would be a great feature for all of the game modes. I can't tell you how many times my group of friends will take a break between matches and then spend 5 min just trying to figure out if everyone is back.

Also a better indicator for what is being queued would be great. I'm color blind and can have difficulty telling the difference between the purple and blue slivers that differentiate between comp and qp.
01/18/2017 11:27 AMPosted by Eon
I just received a leave penalty for leaving a game that I didn't queue for.
In QP, the -75% comes in after a ton of leaves. If you've left that often I would worry about other things and not your lack of understanding of the queue system.

If it was competitive and you got a 10 minute ban, deal with it. If it was competitive and you got a season ban, you deserved that as well, since it requires lots of leaves as well.

I have no sympathy for you.

Except for the flat -50 SR penalty for leaving any competitive game. I went 3-1 before I logged off, and I actually ended at a lower SR than when I started because of that penalty.
And this really isn't about this particular incident. I lost 50 SR, which is lame, but it's not the end of the world.

The problem I have is that the leave penalty was bull!@#$, and the queue as it's currently set up almost seems to be designed to create these kind of situations.
The bigger problem with some "friends" is the ones that invite you and then immediately queue for competitive before they even ask if everyone in the group is interested in it and ready to go. We need a confirmation dialog to pop up after the group leader tries to queue for CP that all group members would need to accept.

They already take some measures along these lines also, by preventing the group leader from pulling the whole group out of the match once it's started, which would possibly give the whole group a leaver penalty at once. The checkbox for "leave as group" is still there for the leader, but if they attempt to use it before the end of the match it just doesn't do anything.
01/18/2017 12:09 PMPosted by CoMM
The bigger problem with some "friends" is the ones that invite you and then immediately queue for competitive before they even ask if everyone in the group is interested in it and ready to go.

I disagree. There are always going to be people like that in any game, but there's really nothing Blizzard can do about that. What they can do is implement a queue confirmation system, which I can't imagine would be that hard.
Also, since people keep bringing it up for some reason, I feel like I should state that I never leave games except for like actual medical emergencies. It's actually kind of a point of pride for me. I've left fewer than ten League of Legends games in the five years that I've been playing it, and I intend to maintain that trend with Overwatch.
A mandatory ready check for groups queueing for Competitive mode would be a very good idea, and I think Blizzard should implement it.
I understand your pov but doubtful you really want that. Just encourages people to go wank somewhere while they wait for the beep confirm to ring. Often times never returning because the wank is godly, so the game cancels and you were left hanging for no raisins. If they mix group party check with solo q'ers in your team, adding to the fact that it found a match with 6 other players who are also waiting party confirmations, oh man if early leavers cancelling matches weren't already amiss, this would bring a lot more grievances than solving anything.
Apologies you had this issue.

Would the problem have been solved for you if a ready check dialogue showed up when your group leader clicked on the "Play Competitive" button?

Or do you feel that you might still end up in this situation even with that type of solution? I am asking because there are a few ways to solve this issue. One is to require confirmation upon party leader queue (the moment he clicks it) and the other is to provide ready confirmation once a match is available. One solution is significantly more difficult to implement than the other.
Highly Rated
If there was a confirm button before queue then he would have quit and the queue would't start because he would have automatically declined it due quiting the game.

Having a ready check when queue'ng for anything would be nice tbh even a confirm leave game when leaving as group while in the midst of a game.
Hi reddit
I just received a leave penalty for leaving a game that I didn't queue for. I was in a group, I clicked "Exit Game," I clicked "Yes," and then I heard about half a second of the match start music before my client closed. My group had queued, and it popped instantly.

I've already submitted a ticket about the incident, and they basically told me that there's nothing that they can do, which I guess is understandable since the leave system is totally automated, but this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I've been in groups and tried to exit the game only to have the queue pop instantly before I can leave the group, and then I'm forced to either spend twenty minutes playing a game that I either don't want to play or don't have time to play, or I just have to take a leave penalty. That's terrible.

I'm not sure why there's no queue confirmation button when the queue pops. I'd be astonished if I'm the only person that this has happened to, and I can't think of any other competitive multiplayer game that doesn't have a confirmation button.

Say what you want about League of Legends, but Riot spent a long time getting their queue confirmation system right, and it's in a fantastic spot now. I would love to see something like that implemented in this game so I don't have to take dumb leave penalties anymore.

EDIT: This was a competitive queue

yeah , i been in the same boat :D
01/18/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Would the problem have been solved for you if a ready check dialogue showed up when your group leader clicked on the "Play Competitive" button?

Or do you feel that you might still end up in this situation even with that type of solution? I am asking because there are a few ways to solve this issue. One is to require confirmation upon party leader queue (the moment he clicks it) and the other is to provide ready confirmation once a match is available. One solution is significantly more difficult to implement than the other.
I believe the first option would be enough.

YES PLEASE :D Everyone has to agree before we can be queued for Competitive. This will also prevent AFK players.

yeah, i think it would.. maybe give an option to disable it so your confirmation isnt required for a group leader to que but i thinks its a good idea