Known Issues List 2016/1/12

Bug Report
Disclaimer: This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting this build of Overwatch, rather this is a compiled list of issue we suspect will either affect a large group of individuals or have the potential to be highly impactful. These issues may be addressed at a later date via a client patch or hotfix.

Known Bugs
General
  • If you accept a group invite from someone on your team, the UI incorrectly states you are "Leaving your game"
  • Killcam and Play of the Games do not display correctly if you are pulled into a match while watching a Highlight

Competitive
  • If you move from Party Chat to Team Chat during a game, you will not be placed back in Party Chat after the match ends

Heroes
  • Ana: Heroes hit by Sleep Dart may have animation issues when hit by other abilities
  • Ana: When thrown straight up in the air, Biotic Grenade may despawn before making it back down to the ground
  • Ana: The injection sound effect for successfully hitting an ally with your rifle is not playing
  • D.Va: Eject effects can display after D.va has already exited her mech
  • Mei: Cryo-Freeze does not clear the debuff from Ana's Biotic Grenade
  • Pharah's Concussive Blast does not currently display a kill feed icon
  • Reaper: The sound effect from Hellfire shotguns may place twice in some situations
  • Roadhog is able to pull moving Heroes to the side him in some situations
  • If Sombra uses Translocator just as her Thermoptic Camo timer expires, the beacon may not be tossed out
  • The Golden skin for Sombra's Machine Pistol is missing sparkle effects when viewed in the Hero Gallery
  • Symmetra's primary fire can inadvertently target Mei's Ice Wall
  • If Symmetra cancels her Shield Generator placement, when reactivating the Ultimate it will default to the Teleporter
  • Tracer's "Clock's Tickin'" spray does not match the thumb nail in Hero Gallery
  • Winston's health bar can be obscured while he is standing for his Primal Rage Ultimate
  • Zarya: Kill credit is not received when using Graviton Surge to pull players off a ledge to their death
  • Players killed by Zarya's Graviton Surge may have their Kill Cam move erratically
  • Nutcracker Zenyatta does not receive a golden glow when using Transcendence

A.I.
  • Bots can path into traffic and die on Oasis

Maps
  • In certain situations, the jumppad on Oasis can launch players higher than intended

Common Problems
"I can only hear sound one one side of my headphones..."
  • Dolby Atmos is designed for use stereo headphones, but some modern headsets attempt to simulate surround using their own software which can result in various conflicting behaviors. Try disabling supplementary audio software utilities, and if that does not resolve the issue create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"Mei's left click causes a crash in-game and in kill cams..."
  • The particle effect emitted can cause issues on certain graphics cards if they are not using the most up-to-date drivers. Try updating your drivers the the latest version, and if the issue persists start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match..."
  • Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency..."
  • This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.

"When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible."
  • It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.