Lucio needs Portuguese voicelines

General Discussion
I mean it makes sense that he's from Brazil but doesn't have voiceline for it if mei, genji Hanzo, mercy, sombra have their native tongue why can't lucio?
Agreed, It'd be nice if he also had a stronger accent.
He's not the only one missing native tongue lines.
I think whether or not characters have foreign voice lines depends on whether their VA is a native speaker. So I would guess that Lucio's voice actor isn't a native Portuguese speaker which is why they chose not to have those lines. I could be wrong though
12/21/2016 12:07 PMPosted by blarneystone
I think whether or not characters have foreign voice lines depends on whether their VA is a native speaker. So I would guess that Lucio's voice actor isn't a native Portuguese speaker which is why they chose not to have those lines. I could be wrong though
Then no offense to the guy but why voice him lol
12/21/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Fredster
12/21/2016 12:07 PMPosted by blarneystone
Then no offense to the guy but why voice him lol

Because that's who Blizzard hired?

Just because someone is not of nationality doesn't mean they can't voice a character.

Welcome to the voice acting world.
No thanks. I dont want to have to have another character saying things I dont understand.
I speak spanish and french and I love Sombra's spanish voicelines and Widow's french ones, and I'm sure people who speak portuguese, swedish, and german would appreciate new Lucio, Torbjorn and Reinhardt voicelines.
We strive for authenticity in our voices. And we love including the home languages of heroes. However, we value amazing acting talent first and foremost.

When it came to Lúcio, we had a lot of amazing actors audition. But no one stood out to be as great as Johnny Cruz:

https://twitter.com/jonnycruzzz?lang=en

Once Johnny read for the part we felt like he embodied the hero more than anyone else. His spirit and energy and amazing acting talent were too much for us to pass on simply because he did not speak Portuguese.
I'll never Lucio again if he starts speaking other languages. :p

He's not Portuguese, or Brazilian, hes DJ.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5hep83/lucio_helped_me_me_get_out_of_a_depression/?st=IWIDWXRS&sh=4444ab29

Lucio, the happy go lucky positive frog loving DJ. Every time I play as him I can't help but be happy because I feel so upbeat when zooming around healing and supporting my teammates and through Lucio I found out about Jet Set Radio, the game Lucio is based on, and by Jebus the OST is absolutely amazing.
You can just cut a few lines and replace them with his brazilian dub. It's excellent.
12/21/2016 12:26 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We strive for authenticity in our voices. And we love including the home languages of heroes. However, we value amazing acting talent first and foremost.

When it came to Lúcio, we had a lot of amazing actors audition. But no one stood out to be as great as Johnny Cruz:

Once Johnny read for the part we felt like he embodied the hero more than anyone else. His spirit and energy and amazing acting talent were too much for us to pass on simply because he did not speak Portuguese.

Buy him lessons in portuguese. Aalso fix console

Plus, Lucio is Canadian!
Lúcio's voice is awesome, fits 300% in the character, in my opinion
12/21/2016 12:30 PMPosted by DrSpaceman

Buy him lessons in portuguese. Aalso fix console

I'll donate.
Please more languages! PLEAASE!
I lived in Brazil for a couple of years and it would be sweet to have some Portuguese lines for Lucio!

I guess Symmetra's voice actress was wrong.

He was meant for greatness.

It shouldn't be too hard to bring over Daniel Muller's Lucio voice lines to the English release of Overwatch, no? At least switch up his "Hello" & "Thanks!" lines with 'Olá' & 'Obrigado.'
I wouldn't mind some Portuguese lines, but what I really want is a voiceline (english) that says "It's on cooldown!" as a reply to those who spam "I need healing!"
12/21/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Evaine
Lúcio's voice is awesome, fits 300% in the character, in my opinion

Some of Johnny's adlib in the videos of him playing some OW should honestly be voice lines, he's so good and natural with it.

My personal favourite being when Reaper ults and he's "Die, die...man, you need to chill". So good that Johnny Cruz (all the OW voice actors really...extremely talented group you managed to put together there).

~N