Voice chat not working in game.

Technical Support
Hi my voice chat doesn't seem to recognize my microphone in Overwatch's in game voip channels. When I try to connect to the team voice channel it says I've connected but there are 0 users no matter what quick play or competitive. I know that I'm not actually connected to it because other players ask me why I'm not in voice chat or they'll ask why I left voice chat. Furthermore while I'm in game the mic symbol next to my name just has a slash through it as if I've muted myself but even if I hit the m key to un-mute myself it doesn't work. My voice chat is working in the battle.net app though. I tested this when I went to options>game settings>voice chat and then tested it there and my microphone is registering and working fine. I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Heya!! So good thing you mentioned your mic, try using another because the Blue Yeti isn't working in game right now. The devs have confirmed that they are working on making it work in Overwatch, but for the time being you'll have to use another mic :) Good luck!
Same thing is happening with me, I use the Razer Kraken Chroma 7.1. And I just can't hear other people. It says I connected but it says I'm the only one. Any ways to fix this?
Hey All,

So OP's issue is that he is using a University connection that likely has firewalls blocking the Overwatch voice client from connecting along with the mic issue. In that situation he will need to contact the schools IT department to get it whitelisted.

@Tacocat, have you tried going into playback devices and making sure your headset is set as default device and default communications device? May need to do the same in Razers software along with Windows.
I have the same problem, and I too am on a university network.

It's a little frustrating because every other game i play, or voip program, works fine (including Diablo iii).

The weirdest part is that it randomly works every once in awhile. maybe once every 50 games. If my university is blocking it, shouldn't it never work? Is there a way I can set overwatch to use the specific port/protocol that appears to work every once in awhile?