Can the developers address Bastion?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 67 Next
I've played a load of bastion and while I would welcome a buff they'd have to be really careful about it because he could become OP very easily. Right now bastions big problem is often that everyone hates him (because of bad bastion players) so they don't support him but if they do like with a Reinshield, mercy, and then all the team killing flankers and people snipping at him he can become almost invincible. Right now you have to be able to play solo without a team 100% revolving around the bastion and it requires quite a bit of skill to stay alive which is quite fun in some sense but he has probably too many hard counters. One suggestion I did like was maybe making recon mode a little better with a slight buff to his gun. He's still very easy to kill in recon but with a decent gun he'd be way more viable and some of his counters would be a bit less effective. Another slight buff they could consider is very slightly reducing the time it takes to transform but maybe that might make his turret too good? Also a slight buff to his ultimate would be nice as it's pretty weak unless against squishies and often you're better off in turret mode. Could be a little more health in tank mode or a slight damage buff so killing tanks is a bit easier, as bastion is meant to be the ultimate tank buster.

Also would like to see more nice bastion skins and another highlight intro. His skin for the new event looks quite nice and love the rooster but a legendary would be cool ^^
01/24/2017 05:51 AMPosted by CorruptGamer
I understand we don't get a lot talk around bastion because he isn't a high pick hero, so balance probably isn't on the top of their list.

I just always hoped we'do get an incremental buff.

I always liked the idea of letting him move while self repairing, he isn't fast, but at least it allows you to recover on the way to reposition. And it doesn't sound too much of a buff to make him OP

The reason why people are upset is because *every* "off meta" hero so far has received a comment or balance patch already, Bastion has received neither!
01/22/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Aron
sombra can teleport behind him and shred him in his weak spot

https://gfycat.com/ActualWelloffBedlingtonterrier
01/22/2017 07:19 AMPosted by Rarithlynx
Bastion is the only hero that's been ignored ever since launch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tracer and Reaper have remained the same since launch too? Or is that just me forgetting something...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSblP-IOLyE
01/24/2017 06:13 AMPosted by Ash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSblP-IOLyE

Showing a single video is not an argument, the entire Bastion problem goes beyond that.

01/24/2017 06:04 AMPosted by baked

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tracer and Reaper have remained the same since launch too? Or is that just me forgetting something...?

Tracer and Reaper are widely considered balanced, and fun heroes.

Bastion is considered unfun, and underpowered by most players that have played the game for longer than 5 minutes.
01/24/2017 05:42 AMPosted by AKs0n
01/24/2017 05:32 AMPosted by AKs0n
...PC - Competitive - K/D Ratio
Roadhog - 2.67
Dva - 3.83

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes?mode=competitive

Dislike Stats. Ok. They're there.

Do you know what tagging is? Do you realise how easy it is to tag everything as d.va with her spread and no reloading?
01/24/2017 07:20 AMPosted by Borshevar
01/24/2017 05:42 AMPosted by AKs0n

Dislike Stats. Ok. They're there.

Do you know what tagging is? Do you realise how easy it is to tag everything as d.va with her spread and no reloading?
Interesting concept. Only Dva "tags". Everyone else w/ far lower K/D Ratios cannot? Perfect excuse. Everyone else is w/in range cept the
"tagger".
ye i address that bastion will get a AWESOME CHICKEN PET SKIN. TAKE MY MONEY BLIZZARD!!
01/24/2017 07:30 AMPosted by AKs0n
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Interesting concept. Only Dva "tags". Everyone else w/ far lower K/D Ratios cannot? Perfect excuse. Everyone else is w/in range cept the
"tagger".

You compared D.vas kda to Roadhog.

He doesn't have the ability to shoot everything in his sight (even if extremely far away) for free, he has only 4 shots in his mag and he needs to actually pressure the enemy team with all of them, if you will try to shoot every time you see somebody on your screen it will cost you. On top of that, I believe that his reloading time is one of the slowest. But since you play neither d.va nor roadhog you have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm really worried about really any major bastion buffs. I'm in silver on console, and it seems like every other match has a bastion torn symmetra comp. and if the last two do get their needs reverted it's gonna be hell without a buffed bastion. I think that the developers have to be wary of making him useful in upper ranks because he is already a monster in the lower ones.
...Interesting concept. Only Dva "tags". Everyone else w/ far lower K/D Ratios cannot? Perfect excuse. Everyone else is w/in range cept the
"tagger".

He doesn't have the ability to shoot everything in his sight (even if extremely far away) for free, he has only 4 shots in his mag and he needs to actually pressure the enemy team with all of them, if you will try to shoot every time you see somebody on your screen it will cost you. On top of that, I believe that his reloading time is one of the slowest. But since you play neither d.va nor roadhog you have no idea what you're talking about.

Please take the dva and road talk to an other thread.
"tagger".

You're right. I play the Characters Dva runs over the Soloist w/ 5 sec Booster cooldown. Im sure Dva's supreme superiority in DPS+HP/ARMOR+Mobility = alot more Eliminations than everyone is claiming as irrelevant. She should not have a full 1+ extra K/D vs everyone else's inferior stats. Im saying it's due alot more to her superior attributes and not her spread nor reload. That aint exactly OP.
01/24/2017 08:37 AMPosted by Fluury

Please take the dva and road talk to an other thread.
01/24/2017 05:51 AMPosted by CorruptGamer
I understand we don't get a lot talk around bastion because he isn't a high pick hero, so balance probably isn't on the top of their list.

[/quote]it's worse that way. people join, play him, maybe start maining him (even though it's a bad idea to main, the community has a ton) and then they realize "oh, now I'm severely worse off than anyone else"
01/24/2017 06:04 AMPosted by baked

he's the only underpowered one who hasn't been acknowledged. reaper has fine pickrate and so does tracer, Bastion's is just bottom of the barrel pickrate.
01/24/2017 08:39 AMPosted by AKs0n
She should not have a full 1+ extra K/D vs everyone else's inferior stats.

She has it because:
1) Tagging.
2) When you kill her mecha, it doesn't count as death. If you add that to her death count, it will be significantly worse.

That's why you're wrong, no reason to continue discussing this.
I mean atleast the new skin is neato
01/23/2017 03:31 PMPosted by Terranguard
why am I supposed to stop using statistics? people obviously think he's bad because they won't use him. that's information and information can be used. Bastion is not balanced because he cannot deal with even his softest of counters. I personally don't have trouble with Genji's reflect there's just a small deadzone where Bastion cannot aim straight up, genji bounces around that area and uses alt fire so you have to stand up and die.

Because you are using stats in a biased way to prove a point. You just pick percentages from sites with a hevy bias toward the upper brackets.

Bastion isn't broken and it is intentionally designed as a niche pick. If you can't understand why he is not suited to play in 100% of the situations it's your problem, not a developer one. It's obvious from his kit that he's heavily unfavoured in certain maps while he can do wonders in other setups. He is one and surely not the ONLY hero to be heavily dependent on his team, because once enabled he crash the opponents and the only counter is killing him.

He is unbalanceable at every level, he destroys low level players and he's super strong against uncoordinated teams that aren't able to support their flankers by just having somebody helping him keeping position. You just need to be good and have a team building around you. If your team isn't able to play around you, you either switch or suck it up and lose your team the game.

The problem is people think he can be played alone, miles from the payload and their team in defense while facerolling a 500 dps weapon, staying at same place all the time and being able to flee once a flanker reaches him or when pharah's rockets starts to hit. 1000 hp shield? Ye sure, let's just have another nightmare season.

Who would guess that an immobile hero in a fps game would suck? /sarcasm
Or just come and tell me how independent is any healer, or a Rein or Torb.
Bastion is good SOMETIMES. When he's not, you SWAP. It's the same for everyone except the "uniques".

You want Bastion to be the new s76 because let's be honest, none of you main-bastion is going to accept anything that isn't going to make him OP. But the Dva strat isn't going to work for you, the rest of the players are fed up with people crying for their beloved misplayed hero.
I'm actually working on some changes for him right now. I'm not quite sure when these changes will hit the live game, we're still testing different things internally.
Highly Rated
01/24/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
I'm actually working on some changes for him right now. I'm not quite sure when these changes will hit the live game, we're still testing different things internally.

Thank you so much. <3