Can we become Invulnerable during Emotes?

General Discussion
Or
Have you come out of your Emote straight away when being attacked.

It sucks sometimes when you accidentally Emote during Combat, its so close to "Thank You" and "Hello" chat commands.

What do you guys think? Free kills/killed or a good chance of survival!! :D
Invulnerability would be unacceptable, since you could just emote whenever coming under heavy fire or an ult is used on you. Having it stop if you take damage seems pretty fair, though.
Invulnerability during an emote. No way that could get abused XD

*spams emote on KOTH to prevent team from capping*
We deliberately designed the emote system to make it unwise to use during combat. This was a conscious design decision as it prevented emotes from being used for competitive advantage.
Invulnerability while emoting eh?

Go to Capture Point > Use Sit Emote > AFK until attackers all quit.
12/08/2016 08:21 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We deliberately designed the emote system to make it unwise to use during combat. This was a conscious design decision as it prevented emotes from being used for competitive advantage.
Is this also why you nerfed the Sexy Junkrat strategy?
Then you could emote on the point and it would be permanently contested
I'd like all characters to get sitting & Lying(Like what Junkrat have) down emotes.
No way. Winston chest pound and Rein holding up sledgehammer are so special precisely because I only get to use them rarely in game to praise/rally teammates.
Latest PS update doesn't let me emote at the last second of a match anymore, though.
12/08/2016 08:24 AMPosted by SlackDawgz
Any update on having multiple emotes possible ingame as you said you were working on before + any word on being able to cancel/interrupt your own emotes

Being able to have multiple emotes equipped is being worked on right now, so hopefully that will go live early next year.

No plans to cancel or interrupt emotes. This goes against our design philosophy for the feature.
Any update on having multiple emotes possible ingame as you said you were working on before + any word on being able to cancel/interrupt your own emotes

Being able to have multiple emotes equipped is being worked on right now, so hopefully that will go live early next year.

No plans to cancel or interrupt emotes. This goes against our design philosophy for the feature.
Thank you!!!
12/08/2016 08:28 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Would it be possible to make it so a player could toggle emotes on and off if they wanted, i.e. if the toggle is off emotes will not play? That would help the people who trigger them accidentally.

Thank you!!!

cmonBruh. I understand not canceling emotes by yourself, because people can exploit that to see around chokepoints. But our emotes should be canceled if we take damage. Design philosophy or not, that seems silly not to have IMO.
kind of a silly idea.

just think about that for a second.
I'd like to be invulnerable just in general. I think it'd make winning easier.
12/08/2016 09:02 AMPosted by Vagabond
...Thank you!!!

cmonBruh. I understand not canceling emotes by yourself, because people can exploit that to see around chokepoints. But our emotes should be canceled if we take damage. Design philosophy or not, that seems silly not to have IMO.

if you emote at the wrong time you get punished, nothing silly about that.
12/08/2016 08:21 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Except the ability to hide;)

if you emote at the wrong time you get punished, nothing silly about that.

Yet again, easy if you're using a keyboard. Just remap emote to something out of the way. But on controller, emote is dangerously close to "I need healing" and other communications. I'm not saying it happens all the time, or that I do it, but it does happen. The communication wheel is sub-par IMO, but us controller users are stuck with it.