McCree's kit is flawed and trash. He needs changes.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
Flashbang could easily be OP if buffed. It should be left alone.
FTH was OP before. It should probably be left alone.
High noon already locks fast for 200hp characters...Maybe increase his walk speed, cause Widow can easily shoot him in the face as it is now. (But really, McCree shouldnt ult by himself. Get a Zarya to bubble you or use Hana's Matrix.)

Honestly though. McCree's main problem is that Soldier is overpowered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What I think is that his ult should pass through Reinhardts shield and since mccrees ult goes shot after shot from left to right (or right to left whatever) I think all 6 shots should go out at once.
I'm a !@#$ty McCree player and don't have much experience with him (more in Arcade) but one of the reasons for that is because I'm legitimately confused with his kit.

I hassle with his abilities and don't really know where I should place myself, what I should focus on. I'm trying to focus on Pharah and flankers but often manage to screw it up. Pharah can destroy me because of my poor mobility and lack of self-sustain. Flashbang doesn't stop momentum so my attempts to deal with Genji are often sad. FTH spread is so huge that, unless I'm right at their faces, it's unreliable against squishies. Against tanks it does too little damage. My Ult is a big suicide button so I'm just pretty much trying to use it for area denial. It's like Left click is the only reliable thing going on for him.

In that regards I agree that something should be done about his kit, to make him more focused. Maybe I'd actually feel comfortable to play him then since now I'm just hopeless. With all other heroes I'm actively using all their abilities and have a rather solid idea of my role. With McCree... ehh.
Eldest, I no longer bother to explain every single sh*t to you in details. You're unsuitable to understand the issues with a character, you are an authorized McCree hater for no reason. You have a meaningless 22 minutes playtime as McCree and no more. At this rate every single crap you said is pointless and a complete parody to this group in this discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPpIzaanhY

english, please

It's english and I'm European. You cannot oblige non-American or non-British people to speak english properly. Get used to it. There you will always find people in the forums with lack of proper english. Welcome to Loserville! Population: you.

...And just like other people in the community, "I'm trying to be a nicer person. It's hard, but I'm trying."
01/15/2017 07:25 AMPosted by Eldest
01/15/2017 06:21 AMPosted by Piltmannen

Try playing McCree before discussing his balance.

i had this argument with someone the other night and picked mcmeme for the first time in..god i don't even know when i last played him.
gold kills, gold damage, gold objective kills. and i completely and utterly screwed my ult by missing a jump and landing behind a wall (on point b temple of anubis) and still got a free kill just for playing. the moment i realised i could play him as a pharah on the ground, with no aiming consideration needed bar point n click i was kicking !@# quite easily. my profile says i have 25 mins on him. if i tried that on any other hero i wouldn't have even got a kill. everything else is experience based conjecture gathered from playing with/against mcree mains in over 1500 matches.

Cool story but the fact of the matter is your suggesting buffing Mcgee is laughable when it really isn't. We want a kit thats good all around, not a point and click adventure.

Also, you have 20 minutes on Mcgee... your post is rather insulting telling Mcgee players to "git gud". I get it you dont want pharah to be countered hard again, but dont come onto a post about Mcgee and completely !@#$ on him.
01/16/2017 08:13 AMPosted by Koosher
Cool story but the fact of the matter is your suggesting buffing Mcgee is laughable when it really isn't. We want a kit thats good all around, not a point and click adventure.

No sir, I assure you that nobody wants him to have a "kit that's good all around", that is the exact reason why S76 and D.va are such bothers to balance, so adding a third hero in this awesomely stupid "jack of all trades box" is the last think people should want.
McCree's main problem is where Soldier is at. A slight tuning of him could make McCree right back in as one of the top pick for that kind of role like he was until the Soldier buff. I guess the problem though is he isn't fun? He does the point and click thing amazingly well with his primary fire (which is why much of his kit is lackluster, to balance it out), but that's kind of all there is too him. However, in order to make him more "fun" it might also require toning down his primary fire ability as well.
01/14/2017 02:31 AMPosted by EZREALWRONG
Let's face it: His whole kit is terrible.

Combat Roll is underwhelming, and is basically just a reload tool.

Flashbang is unreliable and unforgiving. It doesn't stop momentum, so it's countered by simply jumping.

Deadeye is literally a suicide button. Slow as !@#$, loud as %^-*, bright as !@#$. On top of the cast time and the delay after the click, it takes 2-3 seconds to kill anyone with 200 HP, and it's just really easy to counter.

Fan The Hammer blows !@##!%*@. The damage is low, the spread is huuuuuuuge and it takes away all of your bullets. You literally have like 0.03 second between a Flashbang and FTH to get as close to your target as possible so all the bullets connect.

Seriously, his whole kit is straight up trash, and the only reason why he isn't completely irrelevant is due to his left click, and even so, it's been heavily surpassed by S76 since the buffs. He seriously needs buffs, right now, as there is no reason to pick him over S76 unless you are an aimbot level of god to land every headshot possible.

I don't know how much I should chime in here. I just checked, a couple of the people who were promoting an increase in McCree's ability. both are around 2000 to 2100 SR. I've spent most of my time platinum, and have worked my way up to just over 3000. I also don't play a lot of McCree, but I have friends that play him at these 2500-3000 levels. I know for a fact, he can two shot Zarya, if he lands both shots in the head. Accuracy makes him a tank killer. If I had to guess, the difference between the two is, the lower SR's are relying on flash bang and combat rolls. The high SR's are relying on aim at mid range for single shots.
01/16/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Eldest
01/16/2017 06:08 AMPosted by GolfTwo

FtH didn't seem that overpowered anyways pre-nerf,

yeah it was fine back then, only capable of killing literally absolutely anyone 1v1 with absolutely no counterplay.
really? I 1v1ed a roadhog back then and it didn't work for me.

but now i'm a lucio main and push people off the map when I don't feel like bunny hopping like a spazztic with Parkinson's disease
01/16/2017 07:25 AMPosted by lettucefase
Flashbang could easily be OP if buffed. It should be left alone.
FTH was OP before. It should probably be left alone.
High noon already locks fast for 200hp characters...Maybe increase his walk speed, cause Widow can easily shoot him in the face as it is now. (But really, McCree shouldnt ult by himself. Get a Zarya to bubble you or use Hana's Matrix.)

Honestly though. McCree's main problem is that Soldier is overpowered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FTH was op because of he was buffed overly in damage, but we need a slight damage buff what compensates the bullet spread, nobody can be killed in mid-range with it, only close range. 1-2 damage increase to the current 45 damage bullet each to FTH is legit and acceptable.

High Noon is trash, 16 out of 23 heroes can counter Deadeye with their frequent and non-ultimate abilities. Nowadays you can kill the maximum of 2 enemies within it's use and those are only 200hp heroes, the tanks can only be killed by non-McCree offensive ultimates. Deadeye is seriously EMP reliant at times. Without EMP or other nice combo ults, it's useless. If you use it that time, both of your life and your ultimate is wasted. You cannot afford to single ult unlike other offensive heroes. The walk speed is fine. The volume and the visibility should be reduced and the Deadeye focus/mark duration must start right after when you push Q and not a half second later. This buff would decrease the chance the enemies will notice you senpai and increase the probability to kill tank heroes as well, not just 200hp heroes.

Here's the list of Deadeye counters:

Genji - Deflect
McCree - Flashbang
Pharah - None
Reaper - Wrath Form
Soldier 76 - None
Tracer - Blink
Sombra - Hack
Bastion - Configuration: Sentry
Hanzo - Storm Bow -> Bodyshot
Junkrat - None
Mei - Ice Wall
Torbjörn - None
Widowmaker - Widow's Kiss -> Headshot
D.va - Deffense Matrix
Reinhardt - Barrier Field
Roadhog - Chain Hook
Winston - Barrier Projector
Zarya - Particle/Projected Barriers
Ana - Sleep Dart
Lúcio - None
Mercy - None
Symmetra - Photon Barrier
Zenyatta - None

Honestly, McCree's main problem is everyone else became overpowered during this half year.
01/16/2017 08:43 AMPosted by kenpled
01/16/2017 08:13 AMPosted by Koosher

No sir, I assure you that nobody wants him to have a "kit that's good all around", that is the exact reason why S76 and D.va are such bothers to balance, so adding a third hero in this awesomely stupid "jack of all trades box" is the last think people should want.

I don't think you understand. Mcgee can never be a "jack of all trades" because his kit won't allow him. He can't heal, his mobility is weak and his ultimate requires so much coordination to set up which is not always present in matches.

There is a difference between having a kit thats good all around and being good all around. We want a viable kit and as of now all Mcgee is used for is his left click.
01/16/2017 08:58 AMPosted by VolunteerSct
I don't know how much I should chime in here. I just checked, a couple of the people who were promoting an increase in McCree's ability. both are around 2000 to 2100 SR. I've spent most of my time platinum, and have worked my way up to just over 3000. I also don't play a lot of McCree, but I have friends that play him at these 2500-3000 levels. I know for a fact, he can two shot Zarya, if he lands both shots in the head. Accuracy makes him a tank killer. If I had to guess, the difference between the two is, the lower SR's are relying on flash bang and combat rolls. The high SR's are relying on aim at mid range for single shots.

Says the Symmetra main on Xbox Live. I understand your feelings. I'm on PC and McCree's character must be viable on Xbox, but the way how he look like on PC is terrible. That's why you can't see what we are seeing. Every heroes in the game should be viable in all ranks. Isn't it the noble goal Blizzard want to reach? What else?
These forums have lost all credibility to me. McCree's in his current state completely due to Soldier's buffs. At the moment, Soldier is just an easier mid-long range DPS. Prior to that, McCree saw frequent use in pro games.

He doesn't need a fancy kit to be effective. He enables skilled hitscan players to carry games and win 1v1s.
01/16/2017 08:58 AMPosted by VolunteerSct
I know for a fact, he can two shot Zarya, if he lands both shots in the head.

So zarya is 280hp nowadays. What a f8cking idiot. HE KNOWS FOR A FACT. ahahahahaa
Everyone here complaining about mcree is complaining about him, because you clearly can't aim. He is all about positioning and aim. If you are consistent with headshots, you destroy everything as mcree. If you can hit a flashbang on any hero that has a maximum of 250hp, you will 2-shot them with left clicks. Any hero that has a 150hp, you land a flashbang and a headshot, that hero is dead.

Mcree is about having consistent aim and really good positioning. His ult is not something you want to use solo, you need support for it.

He just doesn't fit into the meta right now, due to it being dva everywhere paired with rein, zarya and roadhog.
I think all that needs to be done is nerfing roadhog and soldier 76, he was fine before considering his good damage even though he is hard to play and has a crap ult. But roadhog is just so ridiculous and s76 so strong, there is no reason to play him.
..diamond elo.

Man, I love me some Electric Light Orchestra....Although I do enjoy the sultry tunes of Diamond Rio as well.
I would much rather his primary fire get nerfed and the rest of his kit get buffed. Let Soldier have the role of mid-range DPS. Why can't McCree do something else? He has the tools, but they suck to actually use.
01/14/2017 10:02 PMPosted by BeastWood
01/14/2017 07:42 PMPosted by JadePNyland

Pretty much; giving buffs to characters left and right could just make him broken again AND it would lead into power creep. Really, the only thing that needs to be fixed his is flashbang.
Thing bout McCree, he's 90% aim so if you can't land those left clicks consistently, your better off swapping to a different character.

I guess I have an above average aim, it's at 47% accuracy and 9% crit. However, aiming like the pros is not something most of us can do. I have played shooters for over two decades and I've been following the CS scene for a long time, but I have never seen people snap from head to head consistently like some OW pros that stream do.

It's not like people are saying that his primary fire should do more damage. Most of us want him to be fun, and he has potential to be.

Then practice up and get better with your aim.
01/16/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Manakuski
Everyone here complaining about mcree is complaining about him, because you clearly can't aim. He is all about positioning and aim. If you are consistent with headshots, you destroy everything as mcree. If you can hit a flashbang on any hero that has a maximum of 250hp, you will 2-shot them with left clicks. Any hero that has a 150hp, you land a flashbang and a headshot, that hero is dead.

Mcree is about having consistent aim and really good positioning. His ult is not something you want to use solo, you need support for it.

He just doesn't fit into the meta right now, due to it being dva everywhere paired with rein, zarya and roadhog.

Zero clue why this was downvoted. Remember start to mid S2 meta folks?